By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Mass Effect Rocks!

shio said:
segajon said:
loved the x360 version, can't wait to get my hands on the pc me.

Don't forget to buy it. Having the 360 version does not entitle you to pirate the PC version.
Why do you assume he's going to pirate the PC version? It was him who said "I'm going to pirate the game", it was that other guy...Magnific0.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
rasone77 said:
^^^
Not everyone has enough money to upgrade their PC to play it. If his PC ain't at least made with in the last year he's going to get graphics worse than the 360. Not worth it if you ask me.

Also, I see a PS3 port in the future. Bioware is owned by EA now and you know how portcentric they are.

Yes, but Microsoft has a contract.  EA may be port-tastic, but they aren't lawsuit fans.

I bought the 360 version on launch day.  LOVED the dialogue system, but I despise the Mako.  I've never completed the first Mako section on the snow planet (Noveria, right?), and hence haven't completed the game.  I'm highly tempted to give it another try, though .

I'd say the highly cinematic, non-flow-breaking dialogue system is the biggest innovation in game storytelling since... well, KOTOR's highly cinematic, slightly flow-breaking dialogue system .

My favourite part that I played in the whole game so far has nothing to do with combat or exploration, but the motivational speech you give when you inherit the Normandy!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Totally missed the boat on this one, but I bought Mass Effect (PC) last night. Did a bit of the game as the bog standard soldier, but I've restarted now and I'm going to go through it as my own Infiltrator. Not much of a learning curve as the gameplay is like KotoR + GeoW, of which I own both =D

Early impressions, it's pretty damn good. Edit: Apart from that god damn moon buggy thing, such a nightmare to handle.

I have played trough it on PC damn what I love that game.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Now we just need a PS3 port of Mass Effect and everyone will be happy including me.
PC version of Mass Effect, I would say is a lot better than the glitchy 360 version of Mass Effect

The PC version is better then a PS3 port would be. Well, unless you can figure out how to get my HDTV to go to 2560x1600, like my 30" DELL monitor does.

Around the Network

Ben likes it? Hm, we have similar tastes in many cases.

I've tried Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, and Grand Theft Auto IV in an attempt to get back into story driven gaming; I don't actually want to dislike them all. If I get a good deal on this, maybe I'll pick it up. I assume PC is the better option? I have a 360 and a PC. 

If you can hotkey your abilities rather than use a menu system, I'm 100% PC.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Ben likes it? Hm, we have similar tastes in many cases.

I've tried Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, and Grand Theft Auto IV in an attempt to get back into story driven gaming; I don't actually want to dislike them all. If I get a good deal on this, maybe I'll pick it up. I assume PC is the better option? I have a 360 and a PC. 

If you can hotkey your abilities rather than use a menu system, I'm 100% PC.  

Yes, you can :)

but you can get the 360 version alot cheaper. (I'd still go with PC though looks and plays much much better)

CAL4M1TY said:
What class are you using benkenobi?

I found that playing as the shooter class (can't remember proper name) has a steep learning curve because of the not so perfect shooting controls.

Trying using one of the hybrid classes (I picked Vanguard) because they are much more beginner friendly.

Then again this was my experience on the xbox, maybe the PC has more accurate shooting.

But don't worry, the game gets easier when you hit the middle, but sadly becomes too easy by the time you reach the games conclusion, but this was on the normal difficulty setting.

I dont know about the PC controls, but concerning the shooting accuracy. don't forget that it is an RPG. Target an enemy perfectly doesn't mean that you'll hit him. The game rolls the dice on the background. You may think you target him, and the same time, you don't do much damage. Its getting better later when you improve your abilities. And yes, the learning curve wants its time.

BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:
lol, the benezia fight is buggy as hell, or used to be. beware it, SAVE! YOUR! GAME!

Hah, I did have a bug during the fight actually.  I died a couple times because I was stupid, and then I died again because I got pushed by one of the enemies and I got stuck in a corner...I couldn't move or press Space or even Esc.  So I waited for them to shoot me down, and they took their time.

After that I made sure to knock out their biotics, put warp on them, and then use carnage on the shotgun on them...I love that move.

I should've invested more in the shotgun.... but instead, I armored up, and used the pistol.....  do you know how weak the pistol is??

my first playthrough on ME2 should be much better.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive