By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogame give MGS4 an 8

I cant wait for June 12 now. These people might be actually for once too busy to post all this crap.

I have seen those comparisons, and they do a lot of research and industry techniques to compare game performance and graphics.

Eurogamer is a sister site to Gamesindustry.biz (anyone and everyone who is in the games industry frequents this website), and attend every major gaming convention and have their own multiplatform gaming channel.

Around the Network
Imperial said:
Why are people using Ninja gaidens score to justify eurogamer rating MGS4 poorly ? Eurogamer is biased wether you like to admit it or not.

How does Halo 3 get a 10/10 and MGS4 get a 8/10 , i think it's pretty much agreed that MGS4 is the superior game yet it has the inferior score.

The fact that everyone keeps cherry picking Halo 3 as proof of Eurogamer's bias leads me to believe that that's all people have to try to prove their bias. To go straight to the point, no, I don't think Halo 3 deserves that score, but that's not the only hyped game which had inflated scores from all sorts of reviewers... GTA4 anyone?

There are certain games which somehow (conspiracy or not) just seem to be awarded big scores independently of their flaws, but that's in no way enough to prove that Eurogamer is biased towards the 360.

Mentioning Ninja Gaiden 2 in this context is very justified, as that's an upcoming 360 exclusive of decent importance. If Eurogamer really was biased enough towards the 360 to bother with lowering MGS4's score, why wouldn't they give Ninja Gaiden 2 better than a 7/10? Oh wait, I can see what's coming... "They just gave Ninja Gaiden 2 a 7 to disguise their bias!!!1!!one!".

You sound no more credible than loads of other conspiracy theorists who tend to contradict each other, and quickly move on to the next conspiracy theory as gamers' change their focus to the next big game, awaiting the next wave of fresh reviews to bash.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

scrow them give the great game ever a 8,wtf

this story has now appeared at N4G and the comments are making me laugh so much!

NJ5 said:
Imperial said:
Why are people using Ninja gaidens score to justify eurogamer rating MGS4 poorly ? Eurogamer is biased wether you like to admit it or not.

How does Halo 3 get a 10/10 and MGS4 get a 8/10 , i think it's pretty much agreed that MGS4 is the superior game yet it has the inferior score.

The fact that everyone keeps cherry picking Halo 3 as proof of Eurogamer's bias leads me to believe that that's all people have to try to prove their bias. To go straight to the point, no, I don't think Halo 3 deserves that score, but that's not the only hyped game which had inflated scores from all sorts of reviewers... GTA4 anyone?

There are certain games which somehow (conspiracy or not) just seem to be awarded big scores independently of their flaws, but that's in no way enough to prove that Eurogamer is biased towards the 360.

Mentioning Ninja Gaiden in this context is very justified, as that's a recent 360 exclusive of decent importance. If Eurogamer really was biased enough towards the 360 to bother with lowering MGS4's score, why wouldn't they give Ninja Gaiden 2 better than a 7/10?

You sound no more credible than loads of other conspiracy theorists who tend to contradict each other, and quickly move on to the next conspiracy theory as gamers' change their focus to the next big game, and await the next wave of fresh reviews to bash.

i have not mentioned HALO once. to mention that game would be stupid being as every ohter site gave those Halo games good scores.

Like i said, look at the graphics comparisons and read the comments, need i say any more. GTAIV comp in particular

Around the Network

@obieslut

The comparison was especially equal for GTA4. They even asked why the 360 couldnt have the background motion blur like the PS3. After 3 pages of technical comparison, the conclusion was that the two were equal. WTF are you on about?

If it is anything like the previous Metal Gear Games (which you can assume it was) then it should receive several reviews in the 80% range (and a couple in the 70% range) because of how convoluted the story is and how cheesy the delivery tends to be, along with the gameplay which shows that it was designed around the limitations of the Playstation.

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3 all received the same (basic) criticisms because they're entirely valid.

Just because someone says that they're glad to see a series end (or more appropirately be put oh hiatus) doesn't necessarily mean that they're heavily biased against a game; personally, I love Mario Party but believe Nintendo should put Mario Party 9 on hold until they can reinvent the series, and return it to its former glory.

obieslut said:

i have not mentioned HALO once. to mention that game would be stupid being as every ohter site gave those Halo games good scores.

Like i said, look at the graphics comparisons and read the comments, need i say any more. GTAIV comp in particular

What about them? Eurogamer constantly prove one thing that is general knowledge amongst multiplatform gamers. It doesn't prove bias towards the Xbox 360, it proves the blatantly obvious. As eagleeyes said the GTA4 comparison was almost completely equal but once again the 360 version had the technical edge.

Like it or lump it, Eurogamer is one of the most professional games sites out there. 

Z0MG mgs4 IZ SHIT LOL!11!!1 ITZ JUST THOSE PS3 FANBOIS ('ITE) TRYIN TO MAEK IT SUND GUD. LONG LIV TEH 360 LOLOLOLOOL.

Anyone who can't see the bias is blind.

MGS4!

eurogamer has always been tough on reviews

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"