By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogame give MGS4 an 8

*edited by Rocketpig - with that one glance, you already ruined one MGS thing for me. You're lucky you're not banned right now.

Uhh..

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
konnichiwa said:
Rocketpig works at Eurogamer?

Cute.

I won't apologize for not dropping to my knees and flexing my jaw muscles every time a big budget game releases and I'm sorry for you if that's a bad thing in your eyes.

Wait... so you do work for Eurogamer? O.o

Shameless said:

*edited by Rocketpig - with that one glance, you already ruined one MGS thing for me. You're lucky you're not banned right now.

Uhh..

The only thing that was in the picture that could be seen as a spoiler has been mentioned many times by Konami and Hideo Kojima and I thought it was common knowledge. You've done very well if you've managed to avoid that so far.

BengaBenga said:
Can we please stop discussing reviews? I thought that after the GTA IV debacle everyone learned his lesson.

If you let a review (an 8 nonetheless) ruin your fun with the game you're a total idiot.

And can people also stop saying that a certain reviewer should not review a game? That's ridiculous. A review is AN OPINION. It's biased by definition.

+1

It's not like it started with GTA4, either.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Shameless said:
Shameless said:

Uhh..

The only thing that was in the picture that could be seen as a spoiler has been mentioned many times by Konami and Hideo Kojima and I thought it was common knowledge. You've done very well if you've managed to avoid that so far.

SAY NO MORE!

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:
konnichiwa said:
Rocketpig works at Eurogamer?

Cute.

I won't apologize for not dropping to my knees and flexing my jaw muscles every time a big budget game releases and I'm sorry for you if that's a bad thing in your eyes.

Wait... so you do work for Eurogamer? O.o

No, I hate Europeans. They smell funny and look stupid.

thanks rocketpig for editing his post, I almost walked into some spoilers it seems.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

rocketpig said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
bbsin said:

This guy includes some spoilers in his review, BE WARNED!!!

Anyways, It seems like this review has never been a big fan of MGS in the past. From what I read, he's basically saying that MGS4 has gameplay that has advanced alot from the previous MGS games but hasn't been changed enough for his liking. He also keeps bringing up that he thinks players that have always disliked MGS before will continue to do so. And he concludes with MGS4 including some of the most classic moments in gaming and "exquisite" game elements, he's glad that this is the end of MGS.

Oli Welsh's (the reviewer) entire review resume has been MarioKartWii (8/10), Army of Two (no score), a re-review of WOW and Pirates of the burning sea (no score). Based on his source history, he's pretty new at Eurogamer as his articles points to him joining the staff on February of this year.

That last bit about him being glad the series is over,totally discredits him as a fair reviewer.

Uh, no. It has nothing to do with him being a reviewer. From what I know of MGS4, it seems to be the logical end to the series, much like Halo 3.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see a series end gracefully instead of being whored out for years.

Not really much of a "gracefull end" if the reviewer is constantly talking about how much of a irrelevent change MGS4 is from the other MGS games. He want's MGS to end because he doesn't want to accept it for what it is, he's essentially complaining that MGS is much like MGS.

Ah, okay. I'm avoiding reviews for the game so I was going off what I read in this thread.

rocketpig said:
Ah, okay. I'm avoiding reviews for the game so I was going off what I read in this thread.

Simple direct admission of fault.  I give this post a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.