By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogame give MGS4 an 8

Not an entirely unexpected review from Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=143797

"We love you, Snake. Don't come back."

8/10

That'll put the cat among the pigeons.

BE WARNED: The review contains some minor spoilers.

Edit: Dang, typos in the topic title; sorry about that.

Around the Network

One typo? I thought there were two.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
One typo? I thought there were two.

There is? I only see one. Am I going word blind here?

well, i always thought it would be:

eurogameR giveS ....

but then with the s i am not sure...i mean is eurogamer an entity or many?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
well, i always thought it would be:

eurogameR giveS ....

but then with the s i am not sure...i mean is eurogamer an entity or many?

Ah, yeah, the agreement is a little off. I'll get me coat.

Man, looks like I'm having a bad day with topics already; I'll quite while I'm ahead, methinks.

:)

Around the Network

Ouch, this might hurt the overall score.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

totally biased

No body dies virgin...life screw us all-kurt cobain

The review points out what I suspected of the game. MGS has always been the marmite franchise, love it or hate it. Unfortunately, I fall in the latter, and MGS2 couldnt convert me.

However I think we finally have a PS3 exclusive game with a review average above 90%.

This guy includes some spoilers in his review, BE WARNED!!!

Anyways, It seems like this review has never been a big fan of MGS in the past. From what I read, he's basically saying that MGS4 has gameplay that has advanced alot from the previous MGS games but hasn't been changed enough for his liking. He also keeps bringing up that he thinks players that have always disliked MGS before will continue to do so. And he concludes with MGS4 including some of the most classic moments in gaming and "exquisite" game elements, and even with that said, he's glad that this is the end of MG.

Oli Welsh's (the reviewer) entire review resume has been MarioKartWii (8/10), Army of Two , a re-review of WOW and Pirates of the burning sea . Based on his source history, he's pretty new at Eurogamer as his articles points to him joining the staff on February of this year.

Eurogamer is always spoiler-free. I re-read it and dont see any spoilers.