By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogame give MGS4 an 8

Rock_on_2008 said:
Faxanadu said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I give Haze and Lair each a 8 out of 10 for the PS3 and they were the weakest exclusives on the PS3. 8 out of 10 is the lowest score I give any game on PS3. Most games on PS3 I give 9's or 10's.

But to give the best exclusive on PS3 a 8 out of 10 is blasphemy. I say the Eurogamer reviewer should lose his job. The n00b has only been on Eurogamer review panel for 3 months, that says it all.

now what will you do when Bratz: The Movie is ported from Wii to the PS3?

Any PS3 game = 8 out of 10 score minimum regardless of quality. My review scores for PS3 games are as follows:

PS3 crap game = 8 out of 10. Very good = 9 out of 10. Excellent = 10 out of 10

So why not just have it as 1, 2, 3? :D

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Out of all three consoles the PS3 has it hardest, Halo never deserved a single 10/10 neither did SMG , Mario Kart didn't even deserve a 7/10.

When I see games like uncharted and MGS4 scoring below 8 it really disgusts me.

You're sorry to see Snake go. But should you be? Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it. It just burrows deeper into what fans love and detractors hate than ever before, and it will make few converts. It's a crying shame, given how many genuinely classic gaming moments there are here, given the countless exquisite creative touches, but Metal Gear Solid 4 is its own worst enemy. You could not ask for a funnier, cleverer, more ambitious or inspired or over-the-top conclusion to the Metal Gear Solid series, but it's definitely time to move on.
AND THEY GAVED 10 TO HALO 3??? MEGA LOL.

This reviewer is a LoL.
1) Oli Welsh is the MMO editor for Eurogamer.net.

2) He reviewed only 3 games! =)))
Pirates of the Burning Sea: 6/10
Mario Kart Wii: 8/10
Army of Two: 7/10

It`s like giving NG2, NoMoreHeores to review to a casual gamer, while sonic and mario olimpic games to hardcore gamer. =))

Here are some quotes from other reviewers:

"MGS4 sets new standards for videogames"
"MGS4 is infinitely better than Halo or Gears of war"
"MGS4 makes the competition look downright pathetic, regardless if they are called Halo or Gears of war"
"You will not play a better game this year or the next decade" (author: meaning next TEN years not next two years)
"MGS4 is game of the year"
"MGS4 is a masterpiece"

These quotes speak for themselves. A game of this magnitude cannot even be compared to crap like Halo. MGS4 is fking lightyears away.

And to award GOTY with 8 out of 10 is borderline retardism.

MGS4 has the best graphics seen so far, best story, clearest story with true uncompressed dolby 7.1 surround sound, unmatched physics and details, beautiful HDR, beautiful animation, best story so far, this is the game PS3 is made for. You will not find any other 3rd party game untill FF13 (VS13) that can match MGS4 on the technical aspects. Period.

When 99% of all other reviews are 2 points higher than yours, then you know something is not right.

This review is a joke. MS money hard at work here. No other explanation.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

if it was 360 exclusive eurogamer would have give it a 10.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

CrazzyMan said:
You're sorry to see Snake go. But should you be? Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it. It just burrows deeper into what fans love and detractors hate than ever before, and it will make few converts. It's a crying shame, given how many genuinely classic gaming moments there are here, given the countless exquisite creative touches, but Metal Gear Solid 4 is its own worst enemy. You could not ask for a funnier, cleverer, more ambitious or inspired or over-the-top conclusion to the Metal Gear Solid series, but it's definitely time to move on.
AND THEY GAVED 10 TO HALO 3??? MEGA LOL.

This reviewer is a LoL.
1) Oli Welsh is the MMO editor for Eurogamer.net.

2) He reviewed only 3 games! =)))
Pirates of the Burning Sea: 6/10
Mario Kart Wii: 8/10
Army of Two: 7/10

It`s like giving NG2, NoMoreHeores to review to a casual gamer, while sonic and mario olimpic games to hardcore gamer. =))

Here are some quotes from other reviewers:

"MGS4 sets new standards for videogames"
"MGS4 is infinitely better than Halo or Gears of war"
"MGS4 makes the competition look downright pathetic, regardless if they are called Halo or Gears of war"
"You will not play a better game this year or the next decade" (author: meaning next TEN years not next two years)
"MGS4 is game of the year"
"MGS4 is a masterpiece"

These quotes speak for themselves. A game of this magnitude cannot even be compared to crap like Halo. MGS4 is fking lightyears away.

And to award GOTY with 8 out of 10 is borderline retardism.

MGS4 has the best graphics seen so far, best story, clearest story with true uncompressed dolby 7.1 surround sound, unmatched physics and details, beautiful HDR, beautiful animation, best story so far, this is the game PS3 is made for. You will not find any other 3rd party game untill FF13 (VS13) that can match MGS4 on the technical aspects. Period.

When 99% of all other reviews are 2 points higher than yours, then you know something is not right.

This review is a joke. MS money hard at work here. No other explanation.

Thank You , that summarises what I had in mind perfectly.

Around the Network

Eurogamer has a better points system, that could explain pretty much. Their average is supposedly 5 as it should be. A 7 isn't supposed to be average if the scale is 1-10.

No, I don't like this score. The reviewer didn't sound credible. His attitude was terrible. Also, Eurogamer doesn't seem to like MGS anyway.

Skeeuk said:
if it was 360 exclusive eurogamer would have give it a 10.

Sure, especially since they just gave Ninja Gaiden 2 a 7/10.

Cons:
- story isn’t all that interesting;
- camera can get in the way, gets stuck behind things;
- few framerate hiccups here and there;
- lousy level graphics that don't jibe with the pretty-looking gore.

Yeah, definitely NG2 deserves more! =)))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Eurogamer is weird indeed. They also gave Gears of War an 8 and FFXII a 10.

CrazzyMan said:

Cons:
- story isn’t all that interesting;
- camera can get in the way, gets stuck behind things;
- few framerate hiccups here and there;
- lousy level graphics that don't jibe with the pretty-looking gore.

Yeah, definitely NG2 deserves more! =)))

Nice change of subject there... I didn't even complain about the score.