By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogame give MGS4 an 8

Euro gamer are biased towards x360, i didnt expect anything more from such a BIASED site

Around the Network
obieslut said:
Euro gamer are biased towards x360, i didnt expect anything more from such a BIASED site

No they're not. Stop lying to yourself and these forums. Calling one of the harshest review sites 360 fanboys, for giving your game a bad review, is just childish and wrong. This review is on the level. It's rude and offensive, but you should accept it as a valid opinion.

There is no evil mastermind laughing saying "Bwahaha, now the 360 will come to power." That's just silly man. Be real. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

obieslut said:

If that really was true they would have given ninja gaiden a 9, becouse they easily would have come away with it.

@ MrMarc )

people who speak in generalizations are wrong (btw a nice logical paradox)

I don't have as much of a problem with the score as I do how much the guy already hated the game anyway. I'm not saying that somebody has to love the game that they're reviewing, but his review (and the last page of it) was a little suspect to me.

Whatever, no way that's going to stop me from getting it when Gamestop calls me on (hopefully) June 12th.

Around the Network

Why are people using Ninja gaidens score to justify eurogamer rating MGS4 poorly ? Eurogamer is biased wether you like to admit it or not.

How does Halo 3 get a 10/10 and MGS4 get a 8/10 , i think it's pretty much agreed that MGS4 is the superior game yet it has the inferior score.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:

No they're not. Stop lying to yourself and these forums. Calling one of the harshest review sites 360 fanboys, for giving your game a bad review, is just childish and wrong. This review is on the level. It's rude and offensive, but you should accept it as a valid opinion.

There is no evil mastermind laughing saying "Bwahaha, now the 360 will come to power." That's just silly man. Be real.

Well have you ever seen those console multiplat comparisens, because if you have then yo uwill know that they are biased. i would look it up before you start calling me a hater. i have said this website is biased for month now this isnt just because of the average review score MGS4 has got from them

Eurogamer ARE 360 biased.

Almost every other reviewer has given it near perfect score. That tells you the full story.

End of.

MGS4!

i think they were nit picking. i have not even read the review and i bet they have said the story is to complexed. cut-scenes to long and graphics should have been better.

Someone plz correct me if i am wrong. i just want to see if i know what crap they are saying before i even grace this site

I knew MGS4 would be a FLOP! YET ANOTHER OVERHYPED SONY EXCLUSIVE! PS3 D0|\/|1|\|@T10N now stalled until 09!!

Speaking seriously now, does 1 review score really matter, have we the gaming community become so obsessed with little insignificant numbers that we are going to boil a site for just one good score for an AWESOME game?

Honestly, after the debacle with GTA4 and OoT, who gives a crap about top 10 on gamerankings and metacritic? There are NUMEROUS games that would make almost every gamers top 25 of all time that aren't in the top 10 even though they would place higher then most of them on that list, e.g:

Chrono Trigger
FF6, 7.. heck they your pick of one FF
Golden eye
Perfect Dark 64
TETRIS
Half Life
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Metroid
God of War
etc

Hell, Halo 3 was labelled over hyped by almost every gamer on the planet, and I still loved that game. I would be a very very sad person if my enjoyment of a game was dependent on the review scores it got and I feel sorry for those who would go on a forum or their website and complain just because they gave an 8.