By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I blame wii fit for poor sales

they had alot of stock yesterday at my local wal mart and when i went t get it today it was sold out

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Lol they are selling like if they were the last meal of your life.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Yep, i made a bunch of calls today to find one, not one place out of the 7 i called had it.

I am really pissing in the wind if i think i am getting it anytime soon.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

^i hope ninty fixes the supply problems and ships alot more,i really wanna get it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'll be the 100th person to say the exact same thing:

Wii fit was supply constrained, otherwise it would have sold 10 million first week.

Around the Network

Clearly Wii Fit was a MISS

brute said:
they had alot of stock yesterday at my local wal mart and when i went t get it today it was sold out

I found my wii that way, being in the right place at the right time, I found it in a shopping cart being delivered to the electronics section, and before they even put it in the shelf, I bought it 

someday I hope to do the same with wii fit... someday.

They not only have to make the game but they have to make a whole new piece of hardware for it. They have to keep production of the Wii Boards alongside the DS and the Wii, OF COURSE it is supply constrained. I would bet that part of the Europe issue is a result of routing the Wii boards to other areas. But then Europe doesn't seem as manipulating with their health as America and Japan are.

How did trolling flamebait damage control like this go on for so long? Seriously, no one in their right mind considers Wii Fit's opening week "poor sales."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The reason it didn't hit 1 mil (and why I never, ever thought it would) is because it's a very hard to make piece of hardware. Nintendo can barely push over two million Wiis out worldwide, what kind of idiot would think there'd be enough Wii Fits to sell a million? In one week, in one region?

Although I don't doubt the demand is definitely there. 

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3