By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I blame wii fit for poor sales

It's selling for almost 2x retail on ebay, you know, because it's completely sold out everywhere.

Let's see how it has done after a few months.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
smbu2000 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:
Supply constraint,
How did i know this argument would pop up lol, and i guess europe is still supply constraint lmao

Just adding this thread to my posting history so I can bump it.

Rest assured, Wii-Fit is severely supply constrained in Others and America and it shall continue to be for a long time to come.

Flamebait aside, this will be provable much sooner than later. I wonder why you've put yourself out there like this?

It's because he's a big Sony fanboy and he is trying to downplay just how great Wii Fit will sell.(once Nintendo gets more stock!)

Oh and I've seen several stores out of stock of Wii Fit here where I live in Japan, too.

Yeah I know, but generally you don't wanna just say some stuff that you know all the people you're hating on will be able to disprove in less than a week.

Yeah, he's on some mission to downplay all the other systems.  He's the one saying Gears of War 2 will bomb.  Yeah, uh huh.

And he's obviously not tried to buy a Wii Fit if he doesn't believe it's supply constrained. 

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Wii Fit sold almost a million copies despite cost twice the price of the normal Wii game. That's twice as much money and means that it made as much money as if a normally priced game sold almost 2 million. At it's asking price it sold extremely well. It's sold out in America and will continue to be for a long time I'm sure. People attacked the MKWii sales at first too... and the Brawl sales... and the Super Mario Galaxy sales... and oh brother.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wii Fit has huge supply problems, outsold everywhere in my city and on the internet site if often buy games from ( one of the biggest ones here in sweden)

Edit: Wii fit is outsold on every major internet site that sells games here in sweden.

so yes it has huge supply problems, it's not something Nintendo "fanboys" just say to dismiss "bad" sales. 

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

if i could have found wii fit i would have bought wii fit. 2x targets, 2x best buys, 1x circuit city didn't have it. that was as much searching as i was willing to do - i'll just wait a few weeks to find it.

Around the Network

ok good luck with that

To quote TheSource

Nintendo’s only real shortcoming for the week is Wii Fit, which did not perform as well as expected because of relatively paltry supply.

Glad you know more than our Lead Sales Analyst who can actually see the data obieslut. Please enlighten us as to the source of your magical pixie dust powers of observation.

i agree. GTA4 sold a lot more in NA, with smaller userbase.

granted its a mad popular series, but people acted like Wii fit was Godly.

obieslut said:

OK Wii Fit was launched in NA this week, and many people thought the game was going to sell like 10 trillion or something.

The game has failed to reach 1 Million in NA in its first week dispite lots of marketing.

I do think this game has sold well but has sold under expectations. Looks at Ninty fanz.

And some people predicted that this game would sell over 1mil in NA first week with ease. Not going to name you but youno who you are.

Now that the results are in is anybody going to admit to being wrong and lower there predictions.

I'm going as far to say that this game will not pass ps3 or x360 ltd sales.

^Discuss people

Discuss, hey?

The game sold as many copies as it shipped - therefore a success

This game is all about legs - therefore will be a success

The game moved alot of hardware - therefore a success

Of course it will not outsell the PS3/360 any time soon. But keep in mind it's selling much better than Wii Play in the same time frame, and Wii Play is only 1.5 million behind the PS3, so it is possible (though I doubt it) that it will outsell one of them eventually. 

There've been alot of games announced recently that take use of the Wii Board - every time one of these games is released we will see a spike in Wii Fit sales 

My prediction always was that Wii Fit will outsell Wii Play, and I stand by that. 

So, you were saying it failed somehow? 

Its one thing to produce 6 million copies of a game like Grand Theft Auto 4 where the physical cost to manufacture the game is (roughly) $1, and after the production of Grand Theft Auto 4 is complete you can quickly switch these manufacturing resources to another game; it is quite another to produce millions of Wii Fit balance boards which (potentially) cost $10 to $20 to manufacture, and the manufacturing resources have little use (to Nintendo) except for producing Wii Fit games.