By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I blame wii fit for poor sales

I was expecting sales up to 1.2m, especially with the first day being 650k. So in that respect I am disappointed, yes. I believe Wii Fit to be a game that should be able to do 1.2m in its first week in americas.

This does not mean that 820k are BAD sales, quite the contrary, that's exceptional for a game that "is not a game".

Wii Fit is ROCKING THE US!

I just thought it would be rocking more. It's all relative.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network
obieslut said:
Supply constraint,
How did i know this argument would pop up lol, and i guess europe is still supply constraint lmao

Just adding this thread to my posting history so I can bump it.

Rest assured, Wii-Fit is severely supply constrained in Others and America and it shall continue to be for a long time to come.

Flamebait aside, this will be provable much sooner than later. I wonder why you've put yourself out there like this? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wii fit is severly supply constrained in the UK . No stores I have checked this week have had it and all the online retailers are out of stock. MK wii is still supply constrained in the UK trying to get 1 for my nephew so I can get my copy back. No luck so far, some stores say they may have a few copies next week. The first since launch.

wiifit, wii sports & wii play will stay in the weekly top 30 until year 2010

Well I still cant find a copy of Wii Fit down here in Australia and I have been looking since it was released. To compensate I purchased Bioshock. :P

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:
Supply constraint,
How did i know this argument would pop up lol, and i guess europe is still supply constraint lmao

Rest assured, Wii-Fit is severely supply constrained in Others and America and it shall continue to be for a long time to come.

Flamebait aside, this will be provable much sooner than later. I wonder why you've put yourself out there like this?

It's because he's a big Sony fanboy and he is trying to downplay just how great Wii Fit will sell.(once Nintendo gets more stock!)

Oh and I've seen several stores out of stock of Wii Fit here where I live in Japan, too.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Killergran said:
I was expecting sales up to 1.2m, especially with the first day being 650k. So in that respect I am disappointed, yes. I believe Wii Fit to be a game that should be able to do 1.2m in its first week in americas.

This does not mean that 820k are BAD sales, quite the contrary, that's exceptional for a game that "is not a game".

Wii Fit is ROCKING THE US!

I just thought it would be rocking more. It's all relative.

It completely sold out. It can't do any better than that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

smbu2000 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:
Supply constraint,

It's because he's a big Sony fanboy and he is trying to downplay just how great Wii Fit will sell.(once Nintendo gets more stock!)

Oh and I've seen several stores out of stock of Wii Fit here where I live in Japan, too.

Yeah I know, but generally you don't wanna just say some stuff that you know all the people you're hating on will be able to disprove in less than a week.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm not concerned by its first week sales. This game is all about legs. It only sold about 600k first week in Others, so 800k sounds fair to me. It's pointless to evaluate its success using a front loaded criteria. Lets revisit this topic at the end of the year.

hehe I surely will