By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I blame wii fit for poor sales

ZenfoldorVGI said:
smbu2000 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:
Supply constraint,
How did i know this argument would pop up lol, and i guess europe is still supply constraint lmao

Just adding this thread to my posting history so I can bump it.

Rest assured, Wii-Fit is severely supply constrained in Others and America and it shall continue to be for a long time to come.

Flamebait aside, this will be provable much sooner than later. I wonder why you've put yourself out there like this?

It's because he's a big Sony fanboy and he is trying to downplay just how great Wii Fit will sell.(once Nintendo gets more stock!)

Oh and I've seen several stores out of stock of Wii Fit here where I live in Japan, too.

Yeah I know, but generally you don't wanna just say some stuff that you know all the people you're hating on will be able to disprove in less than a week.

Maybe he thinks we'll forget all about this thread by next week. I mean look at Rock_on making his "PS3 will sell 9 million in the next 6 months" comments. Will we still remember those crazy comments in 6 months?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I blame factories for not producing balance boards fast enough.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I blame god for making obieslut such a clueless individual

obieslut said:
Supply constraint,
How did i know this argument would pop up lol, and i guess europe is still supply constraint lmao

because it's true...it sells on ebay for $150 and amazon for $160

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

i will only think it is supply constraint when is see a big spike in the sales

Around the Network

The topic creator is going to feel really silly when this thread is bumped in six months.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

obieslut said:

Think what ever you want(do you have that ability?) but that doesn't make it less true.

Super Mario Galaxy

Total: 6.65m at 30 weeks in Japan,  28 Weeks in America, 28 Weeks in Other. Still climbing.

First week sales:

Japan: 260,993 America: 635,162 Other: 193,003 Total: 1,089,158

Wii Fit

Total: 4,37m at 26 Weeks in Japan, 1 Week in America, 5 Weeks in Other.

First Week sales:

Japan: 252,510 America: 819,163 Other: 644,865 Total: 1,716,538

The opening week does not make Wii Fit big. It is all about week after week, just look at Wii Fit history in Japan.

obieslut said:

Wii Fit does not need a big spike in sales, only good steady sales from week to week. Just look at how it has sold 2m in Japan, even opening lower then Super Mario Galaxy,  but the sales never stops.

Whatever happens, Wii Fit should break 7m and maybe go higher, with American sales at 3m+.

Sullla said:
The topic creator is going to feel really silly when this thread is bumped in six months.

yes he is,just like the people that said the game bombed in japan cause of its low first week sales(which werent to low though)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"