By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 outselling PS3 since gta launch

hunter_alien said:
So what is the credibilty of that place ? I dont give much for it , untill VGC tells me otherwise ...

Credibility of Eurogamer? It's a credible site, not that it really matters as Chart-Track spoke to next-gen.biz too.

Chart-Track: PS3 Ahead of 360 by 10% in 2008

PS3 outsold Xbox 360 in the UK by ten percent during the first 21 weeks of 2008, but Microsoft's system has been catching up rapidly since Grand Theft Auto IV's release, according to Chart-Track panel sales.

Dorian Bloch of UK sales monitor Chart-Track told Next-Gen that year-to-date PS3 sales are ten percent ahead of Xbox 360 sales. The news isn’t all bad for Microsoft though, as the “360 has caught up thanks to the GTA IV effect,” since prior to the game’s release the PS3 was 20 percent ahead this calendar year.

Comparing sales of both consoles during the four weeks prior to GTA IV’s launch to sales during the four weeks since its release, 360 sales have risen 47 percent, compared to an eight percent increase in PS3 sales.

Bloch also revealed that UK GTA IV sales have now hit approximately 1.35m units, meaning that after just four weeks the game has sold almost as many units as 2007’s biggest seller, FIFA 08. To date, 57 percent of GTA IV sales have been for 360, totaling around 769,500 units, in comparison to 580,500 PS3 copies sold.

Bloch was keen to stress that the figures are based on Chart-Track panel sales and are not up-weighted to estimate sales across the total UK market.

Next-gen.biz

Around the Network

So ioi has got it right overall, but the PS3 should have been selling more earlier in the year, and slightly less recently, so the distribution of sales is slightly off

Munkeh111 said:
So ioi has got it right overall, but the PS3 should have been selling more earlier in the year, and slightly less recently, so the distribution of sales is slightly off

Yeah but if ioi changed the numbers to reflect that it wouldn't make much sense unless you want to anger the folks that are happy the PS3 was outselling the 360. Then again it also can effect those that are trying to figure out sales trends for that region. What matters most is that the totals are correct so maybe ioi was right and they are wrong. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Bloch also revealed that UK GTA IV sales have now hit approximately 1.35m units, meaning that after just four weeks the game has sold almost as many units as 2007’s biggest seller, FIFA 08.

FIFA 08 sold 1,391,435 in 2007 according to Chart-Track. GTA IV should pass that this week.

Your talking about ONLY the UK right? Cause all ive seen on this site is the PS3 outselling the 360 in every region for the past few months. (except for this week where it beat the PS3 by about 1000 units in the US)

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
Munkeh111 said:

Yeah but if ioi changed the numbers to reflect that it wouldn't make much sense unless you want to anger the folks that are happy the PS3 was outselling the 360. Then again it also can effect those that are trying to figure out sales trends for that region. What matters most is that the totals are correct so maybe ioi was right and they are wrong.

I disagree, not just the totals are important, the time trends are also very important for any analysis of sales. Otherwise, we'd just have a shiny front page counter like nextgenwars (does that site even exist anymore?).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i thinks it close here in terms of new console sales, a guy at my local Game said that loads of people had traded in 360's to get there PS3's.

NJ5 said:
Goddbless said:
Munkeh111 said:

I disagree, not just the totals are important, the time trends are also very important for any analysis of sales. Otherwise, we'd just have a shiny front page counter like nextgenwars (does that site even exist anymore?).

I do agree that the numbers should be adjusted to reflect this, even if the totals do stay exactly the same

NJ5 said:
Goddbless said:
Munkeh111 said:

Vgchartz PS3 uk sales are 5-6% higher this year then 360 while Chart-track put it at 10%. So i don't think PS3 is being overtracked here overall. 

shanbcn said:
NJ5 said:
Goddbless said:
Munkeh111 said:

Vgchartz PS3 uk sales are 5-6% higher this year then 360 while Chart-track put it at 10%. So i don't think PS3 is being overtracked here overall. 

PS3 sold 11-12% more than 360 in the UK in 2008 according to this site, so I don't know where you got that 5-6% from.