By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 outselling PS3 since gta launch

TheBigFatJ said:
Dragon007 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
Let me see if I get this right:

For the first fifteen weeks or so of 2008, Chart-Track had the PS3 outselling the 360 every single week. This includes 4 weeks of 360 price drop where 360 sales doubled compared to the four weeks before the price cut.

For the most recent few weeks (since GTA 4's launch) the 360 has been outselling the PS3.

Isn't the 360 Premium cheaper than the Wii in the UK? The system could very well be selling to gamers who want GTA 4 cheap.

I thought people avoided the Arcade? I heard it has a 50 % failure rate

I didn't say anything about the Arcade.  I said that I believed the Premium was cheaper than the Wii in the UK (and most of Europe). 

Then it must be the Premium with the ridiculously high failure rate. Some retailers claim it's as high as 50%. Which SKU is the most reliable/unreliable?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Bitmap Frogs

Thank You....I try my best

np np Message sponsored by the Coalition for Higher Standards on VGChartz trolling.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Since you people are talking about failure rates, I'll go ahead and ask : When can I expect to buy a "99% RROD-free" 360? I mean, I know things break ok, I just want at least same level of reliability as the other current generation consoles. I've never been an Xbox hater (I own the first one), I just hate the 360 hardware (for me it was a big disappointment that, after including a HDD in every original Xbox, they decided to take it out of some SKUs and created this travesty of Xbox-brand HDD) I had other gripes with the hardware but nothing I deemed enough to keep me from upgrading to a better Xbox. I was very close to buying a X360...

....then RROD reared its ugly, uh, lights.... and disc scratches and such, the rest is history. Please don't tell me about the warranty or whatever I just won't go through that, I don't like being taken for stupid (I'm if you who read this own a 360 and think I'm calling you stupid you're right, but it's also your right to be stupid, it's just a matter of opinion and I respect that) I'm also not in a hurry to play too many games. Actually, it's been less than 8 months that I 'returned' to "serious gaming". I put videogames almost completely aside during the previous 5 years, I did play quite a few selective titles but only very sporadically, but I disgress... I just wonder if I'll ever be able to buy a 360 with the confidence I've bought every other system. Right now I'm aching, I want to play Ninja Gaiden 2! Arrrgg damn it all.....

Microsoft will never eradicate the RRoD. They will just release a new console

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

bump for http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28071&start=0 people

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I was looking at the UK data, and we have the PS3 outselling the 360 every week

Then that would mean not only is VGC wrong for the US in there predictions last month by a large margin, but the UK as well. Seems like VGC needs some better tracking methods because their numbers seem off quite often.

ChartTrack's numbers seem solid.

obieslut said:
meh eurogamer is x360 biased anyway.

Trust i live in the uk and i know of alot more people getting ps3 then x360's as of late.
i even go as far as to go into wolverhampton city center and ask about in the shops how well the consoles are selling. they always say ps3 is selling more

What a worthless post. This is not some Eurogamer bias these are the real deal numbers from the folks who actually track these kinds of things, heh. Wow

PooperScooper said:
bump

PooperScooper-- this is your first and only warning: do not bump threads.

To everyone else-- just so we're clear bumping threads by just saying bump is spam. Do not do it.  If you don't actually have anything to say just don't post.

bump.... j/k

Nobody replied to my post above, I may have to make a thread to get an opinion about it.

fixed my other post.