By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 outselling PS3 since gta launch

eurogamer is a biased site.

ps3 is selling more worldwide than 360 is, they should just leave that kind of news and moce onto something else

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Look the DATA IS Credible as its always Eurogamer giving out these kind of articles

They had the SAME article up when it said PS3 had been outselling 360 during xmas in UK last year..

Dunno why suddenly they have become biased..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

the data are about right cause :

"Looking at the year to date, the picture looks much rosier for Sony. Taking all 21 weeks of 2008 into account, sales of PlayStation 3 in the UK are 10 per cent ahead of Xbox 360."

our data from the beginning of 08 to today for uk:
360: 439,000
PS3:488,000

PS3 is about 10% ahead of 360 from the start of the year ,,which is same as what the article suggests.

obieslut said:
meh eurogamer is x360 biased anyway.

Trust i live in the uk and i know of alot more people getting ps3 then x360's as of late.
i even go as far as to go into wolverhampton city center and ask about in the shops how well the consoles are selling. they always say ps3 is selling more

I was about to pay attention to what Chart Track says, but then I saw your superior anecdotal evidence. Whew, doged a bullet there.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

So that was the adjustment PS3 got....cus it had sales taken of from others a few weeks ago

ANYWAY MAINLAND EU makes up for all that 360 lead

Around the Network

Another job well done ioi

darthdevidem01 said:
Another job well done ioi

yea ,,,If you comapre the LTD for 08, it's exactly same as what the article suggests(10% in favour of PS3).So I think his numbers are about right.well done man

December 29th - 24th May UK data

X360 - 438,867
PS3 - 488,222

Eurogamer article:
'Looking at the year to date, the picture looks much rosier for Sony. Taking all 21 weeks of 2008 into account, sales of PlayStation 3 in the UK are 10 per cent ahead of Xbox 360. Prior to the launch of GTA IV, the PS3 boasted a 20 per cent lead on 360, so the gap is narrowing.'

Not much of a change is needed or any at all if this is all correct. A rearrangement of the weeks (e.g. putting the PS3 higher in Jan - March, and making 360 higher in April - May is possible if we wanted to be really picky).

According to chart-track PS3 outsold 360 by 10% this year while Vgchartz put PS3 ahead by just 4-5%.

"Current Chart-Track panel figures place sales of the game in the UK at over 1.3 million, meaning around 750,000 copies have shifted on Xbox 360, and around 570,000 on PS3."

Amazing attach rate for PS3.

AMAZING sales for GTA IV as well....the game is truly a MONSTER