By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 outselling PS3 since gta launch

Let me see if I get this right:

For the first fifteen weeks or so of 2008, Chart-Track had the PS3 outselling the 360 every single week. This includes 4 weeks of 360 price drop where 360 sales doubled compared to the four weeks before the price cut.

For the most recent few weeks (since GTA 4's launch) the 360 has been outselling the PS3.

Isn't the 360 Premium cheaper than the Wii in the UK? The system could very well be selling to gamers who want GTA 4 cheap.

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:

For the first fifteen weeks or so of 2008, Chart-Track had the PS3 outselling the 360 every single week. This includes 4 weeks of 360 price drop where 360 sales doubled compared to the four weeks before the price cut.

For the most recent few weeks (since GTA 4's launch) the 360 has been outselling the PS3.

Isn't the 360 Premium cheaper than the Wii in the UK? The system could very well be selling to gamers who want GTA 4 cheap.

Moar like selling to people who want proper 720p gta4 for half the price hurr hurr

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@Bitmap Frogs

or selling to people who love things that break down...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Bitmap Frogs

or selling to people who love things that break down...

How's the year of the ps3 going by the way? or has it been delayed again (just like home) DURRR

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

7.5 to 5.8 case closed

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:

I thought people avoided the Arcade? I heard it has a 50 % failure rate

Dragon007 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

You heard wrong. If anything, it has a lower failure rate because there's no HDD in the unit.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Dragon007 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

You need to learn from darthdevidem01. Trolling with lies is just a poor effort on your part. On the other hand, twisting half-truths is the way to go =/

Dragon007 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

I didn't say anything about the Arcade. I said that I believed the Premium was cheaper than the Wii in the UK (and most of Europe).

As far as the failure rate is concerned, they're all the same hardware -- the arcade, the premium and the elite -- except for the inclusion of the hard drive and the size of the hard drive.  If you have an arcade, you get the same experience as someone who has the elite, even though you paid about $170 less. 

@Bitmap Frogs

Thank You....I try my best

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey