By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Wii]It's said before and I will say it again

At this point I don't even care too much about the 3rd parties. Nearly 75% of the games I have for the wii are from Nintendo and I have been very happy playing them.

All I want is for KH3 to be a wii exclusive and I will be satisfied.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

Wii is number one, but every week 200k more HD Consoles are in households. Madden, Medal of Honor, and all the other fall backs of the market sell better on HD consoles.

I love my Wii, but you are in dreamland if you think that the core games are as a attractive to develop for Wii as far as third party profit is concerned you're crazy.

I think it's because hardcore gamers that own Wii's also own gaming PC's or HD Consoles. But I also think the variety of different experiences influences buyers. When I was at the store two weeks ago I had to decide between Boom Blox, Wii Fit (preorder), Okami, etc.

Where for PC I am choosing between RTS 1 and RTS2 or FPS1 or FPS2 and I pick the one I have played at a friends house or which got the higher review score.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

im also angry on ubi for doing this

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Are you just happy Wii won the console war and 3rd parties will get what they deserve during holiday season when there games will be flop because it have no enough userbase?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Are you just happy Wii won the console war and 3rd parties will get what they deserve during holiday season when there games will be flop because it have no enough userbase?

what kind of question is that?

I am not happy if anything fails. 

Around the Network
densiyrex said:
yushire said:

what kind of question is that?

I am not happy if anything fails.

I know thats the only way for 3rd parties to convince them to make quality games on the Wii anyway. No other way especially for Ubi and konami. 

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

bobobologna said:
So instead of buying an XBox360 or PS3 to play games like Assassin's Creed or Orange Box or COD4 or Bioshock, you are just going to complain that they aren't on the Wii?

How about, oh I dunno, getting a job and buying one of said consoles (or a PC as all the games I listed are available for PC as well)?

And don't buy crappy Wii games.

Duh, because we hate those archaic controllers, no matter how pretty the game. But a little patience is all it takes. If their sales don't come alive pretty quick, the PS360 will be lucky to find someone to write them a parking ticket.

If 3rd parties dont want to develop on the Wii then DONT... It will be their loss anyway, as long as ninty pumping more AAA games in therir system we will never run out of games to play.

And yeah, say goodbye to popular franchise popularized by the playstation like GTA this year. This will be the time for new franchises to come.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

You mean this?

Ubi:PS360 got Prince of Persia & Beyond Good & Evil, Wii got Baby Partyz!!!

Wow, Babyz & Party, Ubi: It must be good! Double platinum(2 Mil) confirmed.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

The people that create games are artists in a way. They want to see their vision manifested on the best possible hardware.

I'd liken it to the music industry: manufactured pop-bands are churned out specifically for making money. The music has no soul and is made to a formula guaranteed to sell. Indie bands make the music they want to make, regardless of how many albums they'll sell because they want to realise their artistic vision.

I believe the true artistic creators of games value their vision over the amount of money it makes and that's why we repeatedly see the blockbuster 3rd party titles going to the consoles with the best technology.