By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Wii]It's said before and I will say it again

THis is the sad truth of the wii....n I don't think it'll change

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
densiyrex said:
bobobologna said:
So instead of buying an XBox360 or PS3 to play games like Assassin's Creed or Orange Box or COD4 or Bioshock, you are just going to complain that they aren't on the Wii?

How about, oh I dunno, getting a job and buying one of said consoles (or a PC as all the games I listed are available for PC as well)?

And don't buy crappy Wii games.

Reading for you is hard no...

You did not even read my complete messsage

You have no clue if I even work you assume I don't ( I got a very decent wage thank you)

I am getting a PS3

I am not saying ac or orange box or cod needed to go to wii

but bg&e is one suited for wii or any other shooter build up for wii would work.

BUt sure start flaming I really don't care.

And what I can get for PC I play on pc.

I am wanting to make a civil discussion not an other flame thread.

I read your post. It sounds like you are complaining that instead of making "good" games for the Wii, they are just making shitty party games, and using profits from those to make PS3/XBox360 titles. Well, if you want to play those PS3/XBox360 titles, how about buying one, instead of complaining that the Wii is only getting shitty ports. I could care less if my PS3 game is being subsidized by some party game Ubisoft made on the Wii. If suckers want to pay money for crappy games, then it's no skin off my back.

And if you bought a Wii expecting a sudden influx of high profile third party support, well, I don't know what to say. Sure, it makes sense to make Wii games. There's clearly a good market for them. But I don't think complaining about shitty support on these forums makes all that much sense. I could list a dozen titles that I wish I could play, but can't due to owning a PS3 (and an semi-aging PC). But I'm not going to bitch about lack of third party support for the PS3 or any of the shitty titles released for it.

You still don't get me

Instead of making party games to fund their big HD projects they can make big wii exclusive ( they got a huge base of wii owners to support such exclusives) and stop saying wii games don't sell. I don't need ports of HD games they simply don't match.

that's their own fault.

It has nothing to do with the money potential, Ubisoft as a prime example, see the the Wii gamers as one demographic, and thing that 1 million units sold is enough, they don't shoot for the big picture; they aim for bottom line.

I'd love to play a game where I can enjoy it with any member of my family and feel satisfied, I'd love to have an epic RPG story that could be played while my friends are in awe watching me play it and salivate as they want to play next.

But those kinds of games aren't coming out this year, maybe not next year.

I'm convinced the Wii install base could be the mythical 999,999,999 and still get totally misunderstood. Actually I have to rephrase the above, I'm 100% sure a 3rd party will not be releasing a game like that - Nintendo will, that I am sure of.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

ooh yeah don't forget we are getting the exclusive wii party game imagine babyz : party time
thank you ubi.

PoP is a big Ubi property, I wouldn't dismiss out of hand the possibility of a Wii version of the same game(even though it hasn't been announced). I could also see them releasing BG&E 2 on the Wii with, possibly, a return to the original art style(upgraded, of course). Ubisoft is profit motivated, like all corporations, so I seriously doubt they're going to ignore the biggest console this holiday season(save Rabbids). They probably just don't want to blow their load for the rest of the year in May. In any event, I wouldn't get all riled up about announcements out this early.

Around the Network
Starmistkarmic said:
PoP is a big Ubi property, I wouldn't dismiss out of hand the possibility of a Wii version of the same game(even though it hasn't been announced). I could also see them releasing BG&E 2 on the Wii with, possibly, a return to the original art style(upgraded, of course). Ubisoft is profit motivated, like all corporations, so I seriously doubt they're going to ignore the biggest console this holiday season(save Rabbids). They probably just don't want to blow their load for the rest of the year in May. In any event, I wouldn't get all riled up about announcements out this early.

I am just hoping that they plan to make red steel 2 the goty shooter on the wii and fund it also with the kiddy/party games.

densiyrex said:

Thirth party publishers do not care about the wii core market. They need the money from the casual to fund there big HD games.

Wait a minute. I thought third party games didn't sell on the Wii? What's going on here?

fkusumot said:
densiyrex said:

Thirth party publishers do not care about the wii core market. They need the money from the casual to fund there big HD games.

Wait a minute. I thought third party games didn't sell on the Wii? What's going on here?

You know yourself that the break even for those casual games is so low even if they don't sell  a lot they still make a profit.

densiyrex said:
fkusumot said:
densiyrex said:

You know yourself that the break even for those casual games is so low even if they don't sell a lot they still make a profit.

Well, that's true. Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much about what Ubi's doing. Wasn't it Miyamot or Iwata that said it would take 3rd party developers 2-3 years to get up to speed on the Wii? If the situation hasn't improved by a great deal in another 18 months then that will be sad.

densiyrex said:
fkusumot said:
densiyrex said:

You know yourself that the break even for those casual games is so low even if they don't sell a lot they still make a profit.

Crappy, sloppy and lazily done (often copied) games always existed on every platform, that's why I almost never buy games just released.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!