By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Wii]It's said before and I will say it again

densiyrex said:
Mummelmann said:
God, you're gonna get flamed boy, duck and cover.

I don't care my first name is Boy. So I would see it as a compliment.

Just prove me wrong. 

Your first name is boy? Ask your parents if that would that have been your name if you were born a girl

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
Zucas said:
They don't care because they are losing money making those core games for the HD consoles, and they need something to make up the money. Aka the casual games on the Wii and DS which is making them loads of profit. So why then would they support the same crowd on Wii and have the same issue. This is their thinking, and although its false, as they could make money off core games on the Wii, it's jsut their thinking.

Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy are making Ubisoft see great profits. They have both casual and hardcore developers because they know what works. Sure they could take a risk and develop a core game for the Wii, and they would most likely be successful. But why would they when they can make a game for a lower budget and have it sell better?

Ubisoft are fine. They are one of the few developers who consistantly at least tries to put out quality titles on the Wii no matter who the target market.

Burning them at the stake for doing more than most other developers are doing, and releasing Red Steel....I just don't buy it. Think about it individually, and don't buy into the hate in every thread.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

hey need the money from the casual to fund there big HD games.

They don't care because they are losing money making those core games for the HD consoles, and they need something to make up the money.

Seriously how is life in your universe? If HD games were not profitable developers wouldn't do them. Sometimes its hard to accept reality isn't it?

We see a classic market segmentation. If you want to play classic games get a PS3/360. If you want to play party games with friends (or if you like Nintendo games) buy a Wii. If there are no big third-party Wii games announced soon this situation won't change till the end of this gen.

colonelstubbs said:
densiyrex said:
Mummelmann said:
God, you're gonna get flamed boy, duck and cover.

I don't care my first name is Boy. So I would see it as a compliment.

Just prove me wrong.

Your first name is boy? Ask your parents if that would that have been your name if you were born a girl

I am dutch so it's not really a common name but explaining it to english people is kinda funny yeah.

and no that joke is made 200 times already and it's irrelavant to my topic.

I like to discuss this without being flamed ( i won't react to flames )

I am just seeing a trend. 

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Zucas said:
They don't care because they are losing money making those core games for the HD consoles, and they need something to make up the money. Aka the casual games on the Wii and DS which is making them loads of profit. So why then would they support the same crowd on Wii and have the same issue. This is their thinking, and although its false, as they could make money off core games on the Wii, it's jsut their thinking.

Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy are making Ubisoft see great profits. They have both casual and hardcore developers because they know what works. Sure they could take a risk and develop a core game for the Wii, and they would most likely be successful. But why would they when they can make a game for a lower budget and have it sell better?

Making.  The keyword in that was making.  The short term.  Never said they didn't make profits off of it in the long term.  But they lose a lot of money in the development process so they make the casual games on the Wii and DS to maintain a healthy flow of revenue.  

And it wouldn't be much of a risk developing a core game for the Wii.  As long as they don't half ass the game(make an average game) and give it decent advertising they could easily have the title go gold or platinum and make a nice chunk of money.   

Kyros said:
hey need the money from the casual to fund there big HD games.

They don't care because they are losing money making those core games for the HD consoles, and they need something to make up the money.

Seriously how is life in your universe? If HD games were not profitable developers wouldn't do them. Sometimes its hard to accept reality isn't it?

We see a classic market segmentation. If you want to play classic games get a PS3/360. If you want to play party games with friends (or if you like Nintendo games) buy a Wii. If there are no big third-party Wii games announced soon this situation won't change till the end of this gen.

Gosh I'm talking to a bunch of retards.  The keyword in that phrase was making.  Gosh like talking to Caboose in RvB.

No more heroes was published by Ubisoft, and it's a core game.  Consider youself proven wrong.

So I don't care if the publish non core games as long as they also publish core ones.

Who cares about ubi right now? The sales of HD consoles are shrinking even as we speak atleast in america. We just have to wait before third parties will be forced to make quality games on the Wii.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

You will be waiting a LOOONG time.