By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Ability to Move On

Far worse arguments?? Not possible.
To his credit, I've seen a lot of users create far less sensible discussions about even less relevant topics, and end up spending most of the thread flaming with no discussion about what the thread was even about. I was a board mod for a few years, and I've been visiting boards since BBS days. I'll admit I'd still appreciate it if he put more effort into an more analytical discussion with an open mind and fewer opinions, but nobody here can force him to if he chooses so. *shrugs*

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

Kwaad said:Just from my 25 years of gameing experience.
holy **** I swear to god I do not rember typing that... OOO I meant to type 15. lol. (I started playing games hardcore at age 7. so that's what I meant. ROFL funny typo tho.) (by hardcore I mean every type of game, and enjoyed the good ones and hated the bad) One bad thing agianst the PS3 is Sony's track-record. PS1. Lots of problems for first 3-6 months after launch. PS2. Lots of problems for first 3-6 months after launch. PSP. Lots of problems for first year after launch. PS3. Holy **** they did it right. I was planning on waiting till the end of march/start of april for a PS3. I saw one on the shelf. said "screw it. it has a 1 year warrenty. if it screws up I'll get a new one. I got the money now." The games suck for the PS3. and NOTHING and i Mean NOTHING appeals to the japanese market right now. *NOTHING* I'm sorry if I lived in japan... and played... well... that type of games... well... I wouldnt buy a PS3. there's NO point in buying it now. I expect to see PS3 sales go up here in 6 months. The launch games suck for the PS3. On average their better than anything else. However... there is no shining star. X-Box 360: *mumble*halo*mumble*3*mumble*coming*mumble*soon*mumble* Wii: Zelda PS3: WTF is resistance? I could go down the list and say why not to buy almost EVERY ps3 game out there right now. Let's do it to shut you anti-kwaad trolls up. Resistance - The game isn't complete. It feels like it was released 6 months early. Full Auto 2 - Well other than the fact it's fun. The controls suck, the graphics arent that good. Dark Kingdom - The lack of ability to transfer characters from game to game on online makes it suck. Sonic PS3 - one word. SUCK. Gundam (whatever the one out now is) - SUCK Genji - well... SUCK Havent played any of the other big name launch games. Does that make you happy? That's why I think the PS3 has bombed.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

BenKenobi88 said: 1. There will be plenty of Wii games with depth, let's not even argue about that. 2. Big budget games are not always the best...and there will be big budget games for Wii...and in big supply. 3. Tetris is fun, what are you smoking? :p By using a SixAxis, you're forcing me to just use two analog sticks and tilt control...that also seems kinda limiting compared to the Wiimote's one analog stick, but accelerometer functions in two separate controllers. And the SixAxis only has a few more buttons than the Wiimote...not enough to create such a "huge chasm" that you believe there is between the controllers. To be honest, I didn't like the previous Metroid Primes that much...it had much different controls than a traditional FPS. I think the Wii FPS's will feel much more PC in nature...and I love PC FPS. I'm a big Half Life 2 fan, and I'm kinda worried about its console versions sucking compared to the PC...PC controls are so much faster and accurate than joysticks. I think the Wii comes closer to that feel, and you're fooling yourself if you think game developers aren't thinking the same thing. I know what you're thinking...the Wii's future looks dim with only Super Smash Bros, maybe Metroid, and perhaps a party game here and there that appeals to you. But with so many people supporting the Wii, it's going to get a wide variety of games in the near future that even you will admit is impressive. Nobody complained with the N64's analog stick. I can see the reasons for complaint with a Wii-mote...but there's absolutely no reason it can't work. We're not talking about God of War either...we're talking about new games...games built for the Wii. I feel sorry for you because you're missing out on the fun. You want to know why the Wii isn't fun for you? Because it's sitting in your bedroom. Buy or rent Mario Party, Wario Ware, some sort of party game like Sports and have your own party. Best console experience I've had since I played Mario Kart 64 for the first time with 4 players.
As far as complicated games go the DBZ game takes the cake. It was the first game with a large library of moves I had to use on the Wii and it is the game that makes me think that the control mechanics just shot itself in the foot. The first few moves felt somewhat intuitive and then as I learned mor and more it just went downhill. People who are fans of nintendo (me included) were going to buy this system. Gamers know how to adapt but I find myself having to lead my mother and my sister by the hands during their first babysteps of the Wii. I really think that games with complicated moves or too many moves period, makes the wii control turn from something intuitive to something downright idiotic. I will reserve my judgement but I feel that the new MK will shed more light on this and I am insanely curious to how a real action game would fare on the wii. As far as the PS3 in japan gundam musou and VF5 might shake things up while in america it might take a few more titles.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Yulegoat said: As for the glorious graphics on Riddick, the environment is basically bade of squares so of course it is able to push great lighting effects and characters. Compare to The Darknut battle in Twilight Princess: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Darknut_2.png
Riddick looked good because of normal mapping not because of what the environment was made out off. And no zelda does not have better lighting effects and yes I "expect" the wii to have normal mapped games in the future.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Did someone say Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3? http://kotaku.com/gaming/virtual-fighter-5/japan-mehs-virtua-fighter-5-235276.php Not the best start.....

Around the Network

Ahh kotaku. You mean their wonderful insights on popular games like http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/blue-dragon-preorders-selling-out-in-japan-no-really-208601.php This is the middle of the week. VF5 is not the type of game that stops traffic in japan. Let us see what the next MC reports on sales shall we. And besides Kotaku is one of the most anti-PS3 sites I have ever seen in my life. I almost had a heart attack when they said something positive about motorstorm. Edit: truthfully speaking with a total of 80,348 units sold on the first four days of release in Japan, Blue Dragon became the fastest selling Xbox 360 game in the region. That is impressive except for the fact that almost 3 months later they never made it to their projected goal of 200,000 copies sold. I fully expect VF 5 to do alot better in japan either right away or over time.

It's far more fun to talk about this way than wait for the sales figures next week, I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was saying "DOOMED" or something. ^_^ Here's a slightly more relevant thread to it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141867 I usually check on Joystiq, Kotaku, Destructoid, GoNintendo, 1up, and several others including GamesAreFun and of course, here. ;)

Staticneuron, Microsofts goal was 200,000 units. Mistwalkers goal was 100,000 units. Blue Dragon exceeded Mistwalkers goal but not Microsoft's.

"Virtua Fighter 5: Approx.. 30.000 sold units on the first day 09.02.07 - Sega could sell approximately 30,000 units in Japan from Virtua Fighter 5 on the first day of the distribution. That comes out from collections of Enterbrain, the flogging play came today on the market." http://www.gamefront.de/ To put in comparison Blue Dragon sold 83,750 and Zelda sold 147,750 in a week.

Staticneuron you are always a wealth of information. I look forward to your posts