By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Ability to Move On

Count me in too. :) I look forward to next week's sales results too. If I'm wrong, oh well. ^_^

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

The consensus at neogaf seems to be that VF5 will not be the PS3's savior and many expect it to sell between 45K-60K and that the PS3 will get a slight bump(1K-5K units more than the usual 20K), but definitely not a system seller some were hoping it to be.

Just as an aside...I predict that MK for Wii will totally suck. I think it's going to be glitchy with the Wii controls...not quick enough for such a fast game. That's why Super Smash Bros is supposedly using classic controls, after all. MK will have the option of classic controls...but of course everyone will try the Wii controls...and I'm very afraid they're going to be confusing and weird. Like in the video...unless I'm seeing things, the guy waved the Wiimote to the left to shoot something, and then he did the same exact motion, and he shot a chain the next time? Something like that...different actions for the same move...cheap and confusing...I dunno. We'll see. It's all about SSX Blur for me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Honestly, do you know anybody who had a high expectation on MK Wii? The franchise is all but dead and stale now.

Darc Requiem said: Staticneuron you are always a wealth of information. I look forward to your posts
Why thanks! heres some more. "Virtua Fighter 5's Japanese debut, as predicted, met with an enthusiastic reception from series fans, and resulted in a boost in PS3 hardware sales for the week. The game also managed to best established hits like Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm in weekly sales numbers in its first week of release. Already Japanese gamers are turning an eye to the future, however, as the upcoming Gundam Musou is currently the most popular PlayStation 3 title at Amazon.co.jp, and Gundam fans are already feverishly anticipating its release next month." http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12701 Different picture painted by some huh?

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

staticneuron said: Darc Requiem said: Staticneuron you are always a wealth of information. I look forward to your posts Why thanks! heres some more. "Virtua Fighter 5's Japanese debut, as predicted, met with an enthusiastic reception from series fans, and resulted in a boost in PS3 hardware sales for the week. The game also managed to best established hits like Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm in weekly sales numbers in its first week of release. Already Japanese gamers are turning an eye to the future, however, as the upcoming Gundam Musou is currently the most popular PlayStation 3 title at Amazon.co.jp, and Gundam fans are already feverishly anticipating its release next month." http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12701 Different picture painted by some huh?
From the same link:
Gears of War's popularity in Japan is not to be underestimated; to topple the likes of previous first-place sellers like The Idolm@ster and Atsumare! Pinata in weekly sales is an impressive achievement indeed. Whether the title will continue to move big numbers in the coming weeks is unknown, but for the time being, Gears of War has firmly established itself as one of Japan's most-wanted Xbox 360 releases thus far.
The whole article is nothing more than buttlicking on all plaftorms to me.

Honestly, do you know anybody who had a high expectation on MK Wii? The franchise is all but dead and stale now.
Being a person who loves a good fighter, I always thought Mortal Kombat was stale... :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

ranzchic said: staticneuron said: Darc Requiem said: Staticneuron you are always a wealth of information. I look forward to your posts Why thanks! heres some more. "Virtua Fighter 5's Japanese debut, as predicted, met with an enthusiastic reception from series fans, and resulted in a boost in PS3 hardware sales for the week. The game also managed to best established hits like Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm in weekly sales numbers in its first week of release. Already Japanese gamers are turning an eye to the future, however, as the upcoming Gundam Musou is currently the most popular PlayStation 3 title at Amazon.co.jp, and Gundam fans are already feverishly anticipating its release next month." http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12701 Different picture painted by some huh? From the same link: Gears of War's popularity in Japan is not to be underestimated; to topple the likes of previous first-place sellers like The Idolm@ster and Atsumare! Pinata in weekly sales is an impressive achievement indeed. Whether the title will continue to move big numbers in the coming weeks is unknown, but for the time being, Gears of War has firmly established itself as one of Japan's most-wanted Xbox 360 releases thus far. The whole article is nothing more than buttlicking on all plaftorms to me.
Yeah, but GoW was only on the top 20 one week, and only sold 30k for the whole week. Not one day like VF5. They are considering impressive as almost no 360 titles make it to the top 10. To the subject at hand. Nintendos Software sales from Gameboy-->GBA--->DS has trended downwards. (Though the DS may eventually reverse that trend on the handheld side) For their consoles Nintendo-->SNES--->N64-->GC--->Wii the software sales are in a long term downward trend. Now, the Wii *may* change that as it is targeted to a different audience more so than almost any of their previous consoles and the competition. But I personally don't see it happening, I think as HDTV becomes dominant it will lose it's edge. People will see HDTV broadcasts, and HD movies and desire that as what is good and standard and Wii doesn't have it for that.

But I personally don't see it happening, I think as HDTV becomes dominant it will lose it's edge. People will see HDTV broadcasts, and HD movies and desire that as what is good and standard and Wii doesn't have it for that
I wonder. Most people don't even have a complete HC set (big screen 40'+, amplifier, 5 speakers + subwoofer) to look at a DVD yet. As for HDTV, I have the feeling people overestimate how well it sells. Time will tell if Nintendo were right or not.

[quote]BenKenobi88 said: Just as an aside...I predict that MK for Wii will totally suck. I think it's going to be glitchy with the Wii controls...not quick enough for such a fast game. That's why Super Smash Bros is supposedly using classic controls, after all. MK will have the option of classic controls...but of course everyone will try the Wii controls...and I'm very afraid they're going to be confusing and weird. Like in the video...unless I'm seeing things, the guy waved the Wiimote to the left to shoot something, and then he did the same exact motion, and he shot a chain the next time? Something like that...different actions for the same move...cheap and confusing...I dunno. We'll see. /quote] I'm sure MK will suck regardless of what console it's on. As for the control complaint, have you heard of Dragonball Z Sparking NEO. The fighter has gotten really good reviews with most people saying the Wii controls make for a faster, more exciting game.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.