By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Ability to Move On

Kwaad said: My point on offroad games is. I was liked the way they play. Their all 'fantasy' But not. Motorstorm is one of the few games to go... psycho. Kwaad is stupid. Kwaad is dumb. Kwaad needs a life. You think I love all PS3 games? the Gundam game dosent look as bad as people say it does. It plays worse than they say it plays tho. Dont buy it. Keep away from it. Sonic for the PS3. Just as flawed and horrible as it was for the 360. NBA 2k7 is a sports game. And I hate sports games. Fight Night Round3. I never liked that type of game. I assure you. I dont love everything for the PS3. I have trouble getting hyped for a game like Metroid Prime3. When it will have a totally diffrent control scheme from it's earlier encarnations. I have never liked control changes to games. I've never thought it was a improvement. Let me give an example. God of War. Make that fun on a Wiimote. Explain to me how you would layout the controls to make it fun. Explain to me how you would force me to use the 3d functions. Explain to me the button layout. How could you make it fun on the Wii. Without changeing the game mechanics. and by changeing the game mechanics, it would no longer be God Of War. If they changed God of War into a point and shoot. I wouldnt buy the 2nd one. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played. If they change the mechanics... and make it something it wasnt. I wont buy it. I wont expect anything. That is what nintendo is doing. That is my grudge agianst the Wii. Zelda, didnt really change anything. It just used some of the features. Metroid Prime Will. That is my point. Not saying it will be bad. Just from my 25 years of gameing experience. I have never been impressed with 'gameplay' changes... to a already great game. The key word there is never. Infact. normally reviewers say the same thing. I had high hopes for the Wii. But seeing them forceing you to use the Wiimote is only going to hurt the Wii. (the Wiimote's lack of standard functions on it will hurt it in the long run. (IE lack of buttons)) Games with depth, Games with big budgets, and games for adults, and games meant for people who want more than tetris. Will be 360/PS3.
You say that you won't like MP3 because of the control change. Yet, you claimed in another post that zelda was good and you play some 40+ hours of it. If I'm wrong I do believe you had a different control scheme there. Unless you wasted your money on the GC version with poorer visuals. I think MP3 will do what Ubisoft should have. Show that the Wiimote is the best FPS control scheme a console can do.

Around the Network

GC version of Zelda didn't really have poorer visuals. It doesn't have progressive scan and 16:9 output, that's all. Zelda is a GC game, through and through. Just making sure that point gets drilled in well enough.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: GC version of Zelda didn't really have poorer visuals. It doesn't have progressive scan and 16:9 output, that's all. Zelda is a GC game, through and through. Just making sure that point gets drilled in well enough.
Thank you. And in refrence to zelda. I hate swinging my sword to swing the damn sword. I dont like haveing to tap the wiimote on my leg to attack. It gets old... fast. I'd love to link it to... well... SOME BUTTON. Supreme FPS System? No, it would need a 2nd analog stick on the Wiimote to be supreme... then well... I'd like it 4x more. Untill then. It's Ultimate over the N64 remote. I like the Wavebird. Also, everyone is DQ this DQ that. Quick question. Just because you love Dragon Quest. Does NOT mean Dragon Quest... whatever... for the Wii is the same game. You want to play a game very similar to DQ? that's brand new? and a Hell of a lot better? Rogue Galaxy. ;) Also, the guy who does DQ... also made that. ;) also, let me point this out. wiimote, x,y,z, motion, distance, pointer, A, B, up,down,left,right, 1, 2, +, -. Nunchunk, x,y,z, motion, C, Z. Analog. Movement: Analog (strafe) Pointer: Aim/turn Change weapon: C/Z (cycle loop) Change view mode: digital buttons. up/down/left/right Shoot: B Whatever other thing that would need to be used for combat. A Use the motion sensitivity on the controllers for assorted dodge, and the light sword BS. We have +, -, 1, 2. left. let's use + to change out of the suit. Let's use - to pull up the menu. Let's use 1 to pause the game. and leave 2 unused as it's so far away from where you can easily push a button it cant be used for much of anything. I have one big problem With that layout. How you turn. Do you turn slowly as soon as the pointer moves within 10% of the sides? It would be too snappy. Let's look at 25% from the edges. Well then you only have half the screen to keep the pointer in, and if it wanders. Your camera starts drifting. Or if the thing you want to shoot it at 10% from the edge of the screen the screen turns and makes it 10x harder to hit him, because the screen is going agianst you. Explain to me how to solve that problem and I will give you credit for MP3. And then give me reason to beleive Nintendo will do what you say to solve the problem. My idea is to put a thumb stick where A is, like the PSP has, and then allow you to push it in as well so it functions as a button as well. That would solve the problem. However I'm not buying ANOTHER 40$ wiimote. (I have witnessed 3 of them stop working) Everyone says the Wii is going to be the best FPS platform. If Red Steel/FarCry are ANY sign of what is to come for the Wii from FPS. I will most DEFIANTLY keep away. FPS needs direct control of looking around. Simple as that. you dont NEED analog control for movement. You do for looking around. And the pointer will never get the precision of Analog for looking around. (you also have the same problem of not being able to turn fast)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:Just from my 25 years of gameing experience.
Your constant argumenting based on age leads me to believe you're just a teenager. In the other thread (age and system of choice) you said you are 22 years old so how can you have 25 years of gaming experience? As for the glorious graphics on Riddick, the environment is basically bade of squares so of course it is able to push great lighting effects and characters. Compare to The Darknut battle in Twilight Princess: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/Darknut_2.png Wii is not that much better than Xbox on graphics department, but optimization and great art design can lead to great results. Better than PS2 graphics on Corruption imo: http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1290/mp33fr.jpg http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/707/707395/metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060510043420231.jpg http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/707/707395/metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060510043353389.jpg http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/711/711545/metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060606064107482.jpg http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/711/711545/metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060606064104889.jpg http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/711/711545/metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060606064059811.jpg http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/711/711545/metroid-prime-3-corruption-20060606064056733.jpg

everyone here will agree with me if I say " The Wii is just an upgraded version of The GameCube " but some one can tell me why !!! guess yes everyone will tell me go to Wikipedia or IGN and you'll find the answer no no no the real answer you need to understand is that the Wii isn't an ordinary home console no no no I'm sorry the Wii isn't that ... the Wii is more more than you can imagine ... it is the first console that even games developper were shocked when Mr. IWATA first time shown them the Wiimote ... Albert Einstein said " Imagination is more important than knowledge " and the Wii is a new portal to upgrade the imagination.

Around the Network

You guys do know that "debating" with Kwaad is like banging your head against a brick wall. Its painful and pointless.

You guys do know that "debating" with Kwaad is like banging your head against a brick wall. Its painful and pointless.
Nah, not nearly. ;) I've seen too many people with far worse arguments and opinions to consider it that bad. ^_~

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

BenKenobi88 said: GC version of Zelda didn't really have poorer visuals. It doesn't have progressive scan and 16:9 output, that's all. Zelda is a GC game, through and through. Just making sure that point gets drilled in well enough.
Sorry, I think progressive scan makes it look better, which is why I said poorer visuals. Technically they could have done the same on the GC.

Hold on, I was sure that the gamecube version supported progressive scan, just not widescreen.....

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Far worse arguments?? Not possible.