By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo's Ability to Move On

They[Nintendo] tried the graphics approach and they sucked at it.
They sucked at graphics? When? I mean, I don't understand the context of your message.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

Maybe he means Nintendo tried to be too much like the other consoles with the Gamecube, and it didn't turn out well. I don't know.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yulegoat said: You're using a lot of irony, but that's just to save you're skin because you can't back up your statements. The opinions about the graphics on the games I mentioned are not made by fanboys, which is why I use them. You should really try taking the Sony-glasses from your eyes and see what objective people have to say. I hate subjectivity. As for the Wii, I don't consider it to be a god. There's just plain simple truths: 1. Wii is going to have games with great graphics (better than 6th gen), PS3 with excellent graphics and 360 already has games with superb graphics. 2. Nintendo is making profit, unlike Sony and Microsoft (on the gaming department). Gaming consoles is a business for the companies, so you can't say Nintendo suxx, because they're making profit. Obviously the choices Nintendo made were smart. I would have personally wanted a more powerful console from Nintendo, but that one wouldn't have reached the masses as well, so there would have been less great games, because game studios are also about making business.
Will they look better? Halo2 didnt look any better than Halo1. And in all honesty Halo1 didnt look all that great. It had great art. But the engine was never as clean as some of the others. X-Box - http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/639/639071/img_2159636.html Wii - http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/img_3915496.html My only point on that is. The Wii has a LONG way to go to catch up to the x-box. and I mean... a LONG way to go. Look. I decided to leave the Wii alone on my opinion. However. You show me ANY screenshot that is not pre-renderd from a Wii game... that looks better than that. Also, on my continual Anti-wii Spree. I just wanted to say this. I want Rogue Galaxy2 more than FF13. :) I love the art/concept/story on Rogue Galaxy. The PS2 sucks at cell shadeing. That is one thing I will give Nintendo Wii. It does a GREAT job doing cell shadeing. eg: Tales of Symphonia vs: Tales of the Abyss The Cube has more power over the PS2 on hardware specs. One big thing is. The Core specs on the PS2 when not optimized. suck. When the PS2 is optimized. it's awosome. *points at FF12* the x-box when done properly... looks great. *points at Riddick* the GameCube Has great low budget games graphically. However, as a rule of thumb, if the game is low budget graphically/engine. It is also low budget gameplay. Wich means I dont care about it. The X-Box's pure power over the other consoles... allowed low buget games to look beautiful. However we have the same problem. Crappy game-design. Crappy gameplay. The PS2 has crappy looking games. And usually the PS2's crappy looking games... well... play crappy. And beautiful PS2 games. like... FF12 play great. That is a rule of thumb. It's not always true. *points at Genji for PS3* Since you seem to say how much more powerful the Wii is than a PS2. And you say it's more powerful than a x-box. But... all I have to say is. Riddick. There are others that look just as good. And here's my other point. The Wii pushes more budget into gameplay. Wich means it takes more for a game to be good on the Wii. That is my fear. The new controls on the Wii area double sided edge. We have our they can make a game awosome... And then we have the other side. A new era of games must come for the Wii nothing like in the past. Something new. Something diffrent. How long will it take to come? How many games will fail trying to achieve this new goal? From my book. there is 1 game worth buying for the Wii at 50$. Zelda. Everything else can kiss the 20$ budget rack, and I'll buy it used for 12$. The PS3 is in the same shoes right now. I agree. they are both suffering bad launches. However. I have bought enough consoles on launch day to learn something. It's not what's there now. It's not how it sells now. It's what is comming in 3-6 months. there are 2 games comming out in the next 6 months that intrests me. http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html Prince of persia, and Wing Island the PS3 flOw, Tekken5, MotorStorm, Calling All Cars, Enchanted Arms, Oblivion, AC4, Lair, Warhawk. that is 9 PS3, and 2 Wii... untill the end of June. After that point... it's too far out to know what is comming when. So we cant point. I'll create a new thread about what games you want.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

You mention that PS2 and Xbox had some really pretty games, what about RE4? That game has been argued by most editors and gamer alike to be the best looking game of last gen. Yet, it was built for the GC, which most agree is less powerfull than the Xbox. However, it is also universally agreed that the Wii is more powerfull that the GC and logic would dictate that Wii games optimised for the Wii can and eventually will look better than any game on last gen machines. So no, the Wii does not have a 'long way to go' to catch up to the Xbox. GC had games that looked as good and as many claim better that any xbox game, thus so does the Wii.

I played the HECK out of RE4 at my wife's moms. Her husband is obsessed with it. I promise you. It dont look as good as Riddick. And it dont feel as fluid.

Around the Network

Kwaad, i noticed something... u always and i mean ALWAYS judge games not by the way others do but by saying "I don't like it" and so. You can't make other people's mind about a game by saying "I never liked this type of games" Example: u said in another post that u don't like Excite Truck, acceptable, but u can't say that the game sucks by sayin "I never liked offroad games" because... who cares about what u like??? Just try to be objective when trying to judge a game. A game sucks when it doesn't have anything noticeable to offer, not when someone doesn't like it. And i'm so so so sure that if it was for the PS3 u would LOOOVE it, don't try to fool us dude... PS: Check ur grammar he, she and it don't go with DON'T! It goes with doesn't... i am from Greece and i know better English than you... this kinda makes me think, are u older than 10?? PS2: U r just SO like Sony... trying to convince other people to buy their console not by saying what they offer, just by saying what the others don't offer... PS3: Get a life...

gamingdevil said: Kwaad, i noticed something... u always and i mean ALWAYS judge games not by the way others do but by saying "I don't like it" and so. You can't make other people's mind about a game by saying "I never liked this type of games" Example: u said in another post that u don't like Excite Truck, acceptable, but u can't say that the game sucks by sayin "I never liked offroad games" because... who cares about what u like??? Just try to be objective when trying to judge a game. A game sucks when it doesn't have anything noticeable to offer, not when someone doesn't like it. And i'm so so so sure that if it was for the PS3 u would LOOOVE it, don't try to fool us dude... PS: Check ur grammar he, she and it don't go with DON'T! It goes with doesn't... i am from Greece and i know better English than you... this kinda makes me think, are u older than 10?? PS2: U r just SO like Sony... trying to convince other people to buy their console not by saying what they offer, just by saying what the others don't offer... PS3: Get a life...
I suppose using ur is a good substitute for not knowing how to use your and you're.

My point on offroad games is. I was liked the way they play. Their all 'fantasy' But not. Motorstorm is one of the few games to go... psycho. Kwaad is stupid. Kwaad is dumb. Kwaad needs a life. You think I love all PS3 games? the Gundam game dosent look as bad as people say it does. It plays worse than they say it plays tho. Dont buy it. Keep away from it. Sonic for the PS3. Just as flawed and horrible as it was for the 360. NBA 2k7 is a sports game. And I hate sports games. Fight Night Round3. I never liked that type of game. I assure you. I dont love everything for the PS3. I have trouble getting hyped for a game like Metroid Prime3. When it will have a totally diffrent control scheme from it's earlier encarnations. I have never liked control changes to games. I've never thought it was a improvement. Let me give an example. God of War. Make that fun on a Wiimote. Explain to me how you would layout the controls to make it fun. Explain to me how you would force me to use the 3d functions. Explain to me the button layout. How could you make it fun on the Wii. Without changeing the game mechanics. and by changeing the game mechanics, it would no longer be God Of War. If they changed God of War into a point and shoot. I wouldnt buy the 2nd one. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played. If they change the mechanics... and make it something it wasnt. I wont buy it. I wont expect anything. That is what nintendo is doing. That is my grudge agianst the Wii. Zelda, didnt really change anything. It just used some of the features. Metroid Prime Will. That is my point. Not saying it will be bad. Just from my 25 years of gameing experience. I have never been impressed with 'gameplay' changes... to a already great game. The key word there is never. Infact. normally reviewers say the same thing. I had high hopes for the Wii. But seeing them forceing you to use the Wiimote is only going to hurt the Wii. (the Wiimote's lack of standard functions on it will hurt it in the long run. (IE lack of buttons)) Games with depth, Games with big budgets, and games for adults, and games meant for people who want more than tetris. Will be 360/PS3.

Kwaad, if Nintendo succeeds, the Wiimote will be considered the new standard so I guess you'll just have to get used to it. If they succeed, that is. I suppose I understand the vitriol coming from you now.

Kwaad said: I assure you. I dont love everything for the PS3. I have trouble getting hyped for a game like Metroid Prime3. When it will have a totally diffrent control scheme from it's earlier encarnations. I have never liked control changes to games. I've never thought it was a improvement. Let me give an example. God of War. Make that fun on a Wiimote. Explain to me how you would layout the controls to make it fun. Explain to me how you would force me to use the 3d functions. Explain to me the button layout. How could you make it fun on the Wii. Without changeing the game mechanics. and by changeing the game mechanics, it would no longer be God Of War. If they changed God of War into a point and shoot. I wouldnt buy the 2nd one. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played. If they change the mechanics... and make it something it wasnt. I wont buy it. I wont expect anything. That is what nintendo is doing. That is my grudge agianst the Wii. Zelda, didnt really change anything. It just used some of the features. Metroid Prime Will. That is my point. Not saying it will be bad. Just from my 25 years of gameing experience. I have never been impressed with 'gameplay' changes... to a already great game. The key word there is never. Infact. normally reviewers say the same thing. I had high hopes for the Wii. But seeing them forceing you to use the Wiimote is only going to hurt the Wii. (the Wiimote's lack of standard functions on it will hurt it in the long run. (IE lack of buttons)) Games with depth, Games with big budgets, and games for adults, and games meant for people who want more than tetris. Will be 360/PS3.
1. There will be plenty of Wii games with depth, let's not even argue about that. 2. Big budget games are not always the best...and there will be big budget games for Wii...and in big supply. 3. Tetris is fun, what are you smoking? :p About the gameplay changes? Yeah, there's serious danger in too many shallow games trying to utilize the Wiimote and forget about the actual game...but I think you need to give Wii developers a little more credit. By using a SixAxis, you're forcing me to just use two analog sticks and tilt control...that also seems kinda limiting compared to the Wiimote's one analog stick, but accelerometer functions in two separate controllers. And the SixAxis only has a few more buttons than the Wiimote...not enough to create such a "huge chasm" that you believe there is between the controllers. To be honest, I didn't like the previous Metroid Primes that much...it had much different controls than a traditional FPS. I think the Wii FPS's will feel much more PC in nature...and I love PC FPS. I'm a big Half Life 2 fan, and I'm kinda worried about its console versions sucking compared to the PC...PC controls are so much faster and accurate than joysticks. I think the Wii comes closer to that feel, and you're fooling yourself if you think game developers aren't thinking the same thing. I know what you're thinking...the Wii's future looks dim with only Super Smash Bros, maybe Metroid, and perhaps a party game here and there that appeals to you. But with so many people supporting the Wii, it's going to get a wide variety of games in the near future that even you will admit is impressive. Nobody complained with the N64's analog stick. I can see the reasons for complaint with a Wii-mote...but there's absolutely no reason it can't work. We're not talking about God of War either...we're talking about new games...games built for the Wii. I feel sorry for you because you're missing out on the fun. You want to know why the Wii isn't fun for you? Because it's sitting in your bedroom. Buy or rent Mario Party, Wario Ware, some sort of party game like Sports and have your own party. Best console experience I've had since I played Mario Kart 64 for the first time with 4 players.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )