By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My unpopular prediction: The Xbox 360 Will outsell the PS3 - Q3/Q4

@Ajax

I'll answer that

if FFXIII were to hit Japan in Dec Xbox 360 would be finished

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Hmmm.

1) The 360 had a much larger advantage game wise in Q3/Q4 last year and it didn't matter.

2) Since PS3 already has all of these, this won't help.

3) This has already been covered in other threads. Its not likely that this moves any hardware.

4) I doubt we'll see a major pricecut. It would cause Sony to pricecut and put both MS and Sony deep into the red.

So I couldn't disagree with you more. I think Christmas will be huge for the PS3. Blu-ray will continue to gain momentum, as will the increase in HDTV purchases.

Of course, the Wii will continue to embarrass both of them sales wise.

It is difficult to program a game that takes advantage of motion controles. and lets say microsoft do release the x-mote how long will it be untill there is enough game that uses it. a long time i would say

Squilliam, you're analysis goes against any current trend given. Only in the US the X360 manages to out-sell the PS3 and only by a slim margin. Both NPD's and VgChartz data confirms this.

I think that the PS3 lineup nullifies that of the X360.

And hardware specs mean nearly nothing to the masses at this moment.

I also think that the xbox, when releasing the Xmote it will mostly be flogged for it not necessarily by Nintendo but mostly by Sony. In Japan and Europe mostly will it be picked apart by them. I can already here them in their press reports: "Microsoft to follow suit weakest console, try and embrace the masses"

Edit: Also... 100!!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Well there is just one thing Microsoft will definitely do this year and that´s dropping the price in the US, if you ask me.

I wouldn´t bet money on the Xmote helping the system. If you look through the Xmote site more closely you´ll notice that mostly older games which fit the style of the controller well have been redesigned to take advantage of it. I highly doubt the Xmote is going to change anything in the market. It is an add-on and 19 million Xbox 360 owners would have to buy the new controller if Microsoft would like this to be their standart device... they´ll market it as a special controller for special games but it will never rival the Wiimote.

Around the Network

I agree with him, the 360 will BEAT the PS3 in the second half of the year or be wthin a 10% margin. I don't see this PS3 pounding happening.

That said I'm still assuming the 360 will see a more drastic price cut at the end of this year. I don't think Sony wants to pusht he PS3 even cheaper since it could hurt other blu-ray makers.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Geez, that Wii-remote ripoff is just a rumour. I remember more rumours like that. The Phantom console, for example, and Sadness.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Sony tv's are popular and nice tv's, a casual gamer will probably want to rock a more stylish black Sony console underneath his Sony flatscreen.. rather than a 360.. and especially for these kind of people BR will increasingly become a more significant reason for going for the PS3

''Hadouken!''

Wow, 19% of all LCD TV screens sold in Q4 2007 were made by Sony. That's quite a lot, so if Ajax were correct, Ps3 should be able to sell hell of a lot.

But for the OP prediction: Ps3 has sold 3.83M so far this year, the 360 has sold 2.88M. The Ps3 has sold 1/4 more than the 360 so far, and the Ps3 has all the time slowly been increasing in comparison to the 360, so there is little reason for the Ps3 to stop increasing. The 360 has been keeping pretty steady through all the time, and to suddenly make a bump seems unlikely, even if everything you say comes true.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Why is this an "un-popular" prediction? Is Microsoft evil while Sony is fighting for justice or something?

As long as both consoles keep selling I'm happy. If wii starts taking over more than 50% of the market share while Sony and 360 sell peanuts...there is the root of all evil right there.