By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My unpopular prediction: The Xbox 360 Will outsell the PS3 - Q3/Q4

disolitude said:
As long as both consoles keep selling I'm happy. If wii starts taking over more than 50% of the market share while Sony and 360 sell peanuts...there is the root of all evil right there.

I understand what you're saying and it's true that better competition where all companies succeed is good for us gamers.  

But in the long run I don't think anybody should complain about the Wii "domination" hurting competition.  It is nothing compared to last generation where the PS2 has 70% marketshare.  And pretty much nobody expects the Wii to come close to that.  Some do but for every idiot that proclaims the Wii will sell over 300 million Wiis you have a crazzy PS3 fanboy somehow proclaiming the PS3 will make a huge comeback and also sell well over 100 million.

If you compare the Wii's success to the PS2's success the 360 and PS3 are both on track to outsell the original Xbox and Gamecube so the market overall isn't hurting.

Around the Network

to be fair to the poster - the people talking about speculation - he did say perdiction. everyones perdiction is based off speculation. but... i guess its not usually that bad.

PooperScooper said:
to be fair to the poster - the people talking about speculation - he did say perdiction. everyones perdiction is based off speculation. but... i guess its not usually that bad.

I don't know about everyone elses predictions but mine are mostly backed by historical sales trends , his is basicly defying everything any data availible to us is saying , the PS3 is gaining momentum and it would take something drastic on MS's side ( profitability killing drastic ) for them to have any effect on it.

Keeping in mind MS is opting for profit and not marketshare.

Your damn right its unpopular.

Its also comically short sighted and inept you fool.

So the 360 has good games coming out at the end of the year? Fair point. But are we then ignoring Resistance 2, motorstorm 2, LBP, Tekken...?

Wireless support? Oh jeez, surely not wireless support! As in the function the PS3 has had for over a year? Crikey, i can see a sales spike...NOT

The x-mote can suck my balls. People will just see it as a knock off of the wiis controller and a tiny update of a television remote. BIG EFFING DEAL

And the hard drive...and blu ray...your saying the 360 will outsell the PS3 by COPYING IT....?

How sad.

This was the worst prediction ive ever heard. GO HOME

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:

The x-mote can suck my balls.

LOL .

Around the Network

If the 360 gets blu-ray, a bigger HDD and wireless then the 360 is a better choice compared to the PS3. Right now, blu-ray is a major factor for high PS3 sales and without that bonus I can't see anything that will keep sales above the 360.

The OP is correct.

I don't agree with anything you just said, but I respect the fact that you tried backing up your belief with some examples (though not solid at all). That's how people should post.

On-Topic: I think the Xmote won't work in the 360's favor. Mainly because it's an obvious copy of a Wii device and if it fails.....you know what'll happen. A Blu-Ray add-on won't really change anything. WHy buy an extra add-on when the PS3 already has it in the system. Buying a DVD player for the 1st Xbox was a hassle itself. As for a bigger harddrive......people need to stop being packrats an delete some data. HOW MUCH ROOM DO YOU NEED? *echo*

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I don't agree with anything you just said, but I respect the fact that you tried backing up your belief with some examples (though not solid at all). That's how people should post.

On-Topic: I think the Xmote won't work in the 360's favor. Mainly because it's an obvious copy of a Wii device and if it fails.....you know what'll happen. A Blu-Ray add-on won't really change anything. WHy buy an extra add-on when the PS3 already has it in the system. Buying a DVD player for the 1st Xbox was a hassle itself. As for a bigger harddrive......people need to stop being packrats an delete some data. HOW MUCH ROOM DO YOU NEED? *echo*

EXACTLY.

The OP gets a massive FAIL

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Wireless support? Oh jeez, surely not wireless support! As in the function the PS3 has had for over a year? Crikey, i can see a sales spike...NOT
colonelstubbs said:
Crikey, i can see a sales spike...NOT
colonelstubbs said:
Crikey
I think I found the spirit of steve irwin....

Oh wow. When i clicked the title on the frontpage I thought it said the 360 would outsell the Wii 3rd and 4th quarter...

Which as one might imagine confused the hell out of me.