By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BCNR34 said:
FishyJoe said:
What you call hate would be considered mild criticism for the Wii.

Hate would be saying something like:

The PS3 has nothing but games for stupid nerds that live in their parents basement.

Which is the kind of hate the Wii has always gotten.

sorry, but this is warranted:

i'm pretty sure this picture is much better suited to the OP than Fishys post

Around the Network

^^woteva

There hasn't really been much PS3 hate lately. It's been more like criticism than anything. I would only consider it hate if it came from someone opposed to the PS3. However the threads I have seen were from Sony loyalists that are starting to grow tired of the waiting game. Last year the PS3 got hate this year is just criticism, which really is worse than hate. Mainly because the criticism is coming from the people who count the most....the actual fans of the console.

The 360 has been criticized by gebx and myself to a degree, while the Wii hasn't really been criticized. Then again that's because the Nintendo fans here usually consider anyone who complains about the Wii an undercover PS360 fan anyway.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

lolz, there are people out there that hate what they can not afford.
So instead of saving they simply hate. LOLz

People especially 360 lovers are now feeling threatened by the PS3 since it is actually tracking well above 360. At least thats how I see it.

"Like you know"

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:

People are still using that argument. Did this guy step out of a 2006 time warp?

jake_the_fake1 said:

wow.. a lot of people must hate retirement... or health insurance

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

No need to hate the PS3. Be nice people and enjoy your consoles and games.

obieslut said:

Why all the hate for the ps3, i was not on this site last year so i dont know how much hate it got then.

This console has had way better sales and 2008 aws going to be the turning point for sony, so whats happened in the past two weeks for so much hate for this console

In the last two weeks(sarcasm) people realize that the PS3 only has two great exclusive games, both of which are in genres that most hardcore gamers claim to "hate," while at the same time delivering absolutely no JRPG's worth mentioning, which was the "bread and butter" genre of the PS2. Therefore, it can be assumed that PS3 fanboy jargon is largely due to cognitive dissonance, and the future promise of two games: MGS4 and FFXIII. Considering the competition the console is going up against, the poor relative value ratio, and the fact that the console is being hyped on promise rather than actually delivering, I don't find it too far fetched to be bitter when the fanboys try to tell me how much the Wii sucks.

One of the major issues I have on this forum and the intenet in general is when I see PS3 only owners getting overly excited when they prospect of a new, maybe good, game comes out. Even the critics are seem to overly hype games that show any promise which are PS3 exclusives.

To the onlooker, it would appear all "hardcore" gamers want the PS3 to dominate this generation, and will go as far as to spread lies to make it appear as though that is actually happening. My sad opinion's are these:

A. The PS3 has a weak library of games considering its time on the market. The library that does exist is tailored to a userbase that certainly doesn't match the core PS2 userbase.

B. Sony seems to be bleeding money.

C. The PS3 is currently the last place system, significantly. This will probably change, but unfortunately this change isn't due to quality games, but rather strong brand name in Others and poor hardware quality of its competition in the United States.

D. The Wii has no weaknesses vs the PS3 on the marketing scene and many advantages. There is no brand name or hardware reliability advantage over the Wii.

E. The PS3's lineup is roughly equivelant to the 360's. For the next year, this is too little too late, for me, since the 360 has had quality lineups like this for the past 2 years, where the PS3 has been a virtual Desolace since launch.

F. People don't like constantly hearing that a system with so many problems is better than theirs. Fanboys act like I just made up these problems and they don't exist. "The PS3 is the best system I've ever owned." Please.

So yeah, I, a PS360 owner, am a little bitter about the snobby attitude PS3 fanboys have towards the 360 and the Wii. That's why others have hate for the console, and that's why I hate on it here. It's not so much the faults of the system, but rather the insistance of fanboys that none of these faults exist, and the further claims that faults in the other two consoles are worse than they are.

What's worse is the shiesters trying to hock n00bs PS3's on this forum just to increase the userbase by telling half-truths and exagerations.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

jake_the_fake1 said:

Elegantly put. You are truely gifted.

However, let me use your own "McDonalds" example.

I can't afford a steak, so I eat McDonalds. Does that mean every time I ride by the steak house, I yell an obsenity, and tell all my friends that the steak sucks?

Only when the steak is overprice, small, and cold. Perhaps the only reason the rich people eat there is because it is expansive. Overpaying for poor food and claiming to all who will listen that "This is the best food in the world."

I don't know. Maybe I'm way off base here. What are you playing on your PS3 right now? GTAIV, Motostorm, or Warhawk?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.