By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HATE THE PS3

ZenfoldorVGI said:
obieslut said:

Why all the hate for the ps3, i was not on this site last year so i dont know how much hate it got then.

This console has had way better sales and 2008 aws going to be the turning point for sony, so whats happened in the past two weeks for so much hate for this console

In the last two weeks(sarcasm) people realize that the PS3 only has two great exclusive games, both of which are in genres that most hardcore gamers claim to "hate," while at the same time delivering absolutely no JRPG's worth mentioning, which was the "bread and butter" genre of the PS2. Therefore, it can be assumed that PS3 fanboy jargon is largely due to cognitive dissonance, and the future promise of two games: MGS4 and FFXIII. Considering the competition the console is going up against, the poor relative value ratio, and the fact that the console is being hyped on promise rather than actually delivering, I don't find it too far fetched to be bitter when the fanboys try to tell me how much the Wii sucks.

One of the major issues I have on this forum and the intenet in general is when I see PS3 only owners getting overly excited when they prospect of a new, maybe good, game comes out. Even the critics are seem to overly hype games that show any promise which are PS3 exclusives.

To the onlooker, it would appear all "hardcore" gamers want the PS3 to dominate this generation, and will go as far as to spread lies to make it appear as though that is actually happening. My sad opinion's are these:

A. The PS3 has a weak library of games considering its time on the market. The library that does exist is tailored to a userbase that certainly doesn't match the core PS2 userbase.

B. Sony seems to be bleeding money.

C. The PS3 is currently the last place system, significantly. This will probably change, but unfortunately this change isn't due to quality games, but rather strong brand name in Others and poor hardware quality of its competition in the United States.

D. The Wii has no weaknesses vs the PS3 on the marketing scene and many advantages. There is no brand name or hardware reliability advantage over the Wii.

E. The PS3's lineup is roughly equivelant to the 360's. For the next year, this is too little too late, for me, since the 360 has had quality lineups like this for the past 2 years, where the PS3 has been a virtual Desolace since launch.

F. People don't like constantly hearing that a system with so many problems is better than theirs. Fanboys act like I just made up these problems and they don't exist. "The PS3 is the best system I've ever owned." Please.

So yeah, I, a PS360 owner, am a little bitter about the snobby attitude PS3 fanboys have towards the 360 and the Wii. That's why others have hate for the console, and that's why I hate on it here. It's not so much the faults of the system, but rather the insistance of fanboys that none of these faults exist, and the further claims that faults in the other two consoles are worse than they are.

What's worse is the shiesters trying to hock n00bs PS3's on this forum just to increase the userbase by telling half-truths and exagerations.

I will pay more attention to your future posts.

This is a balanced and logical look at the current state of the PS3 relative to its competition. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:

This is a balanced and logical look at the current state of the PS3 relative to its competition.

Don't take this to mean I'm a PS3 hater or a 360 shill.

Trust me, I have quite a few bad things to say about both HD consoles.

I am, however, a Nintendo fanboy, so you'll be wise to take my pro-Nintendo views with a grain of salt, you'll have to take your queues on the excellent DS and Wii hardware from someone less biased. However, my defense of Nintendo is always valid and fair, and you'll never see me take a defensive stance against something that isn't a blatant falsehood or troll, no matter what the system.

The most recent example of a reason to hate the PS3 userbase, is their insistance that MGS4 is guarnteed to be better than Ninja Gaiden 2, and that Ninja Gaiden 2 will "probably suck" simply because it is not being released on their console.

Now, God knows I love MGS. I do. However, anyone who can marginalize Ninja Gaiden without playing it, especially if they played Ninja Gaiden 1 and saw the magnificance that game has to offer, makes me hate them with the bottom of my soul. I'm a hate filled man, starcraft. I don't really like people. They do things that breed my contempt. One of the worst violations is when they diminish something I love in attempts to give creedence to something they love. This is the very nature of the Internet, and because I understand it, I am quite good at maniuplating it. That's really all it takes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Check this one out PS3 song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVgoTdxr55Q&feature=related

ZenfoldorVGI said:
starcraft said:

Don't take this to mean I'm a PS3 hater or a 360 shill.

Trust me, I have quite a few bad things to say about both HD consoles.

I am, however, a Nintendo fanboy, so you'll be wise to take my pro-Nintendo views with a grain of salt, you'll have to take your queues on the excellent DS and Wii hardware from someone less biased. However, my defense of Nintendo is always valid and fair, and you'll never see me take a defensive stance against something that isn't a blatant falsehood or troll, no matter what the system.

The most recent example of a reason to hate the PS3 userbase, is their insistance that MGS4 is guarnteed to be better than Ninja Gaiden 2, and that Ninja Gaiden 2 will "probably suck" simply because it is not being released on their console.

Now, God knows I love MGS. I do. However, anyone who can marginalize Ninja Gaiden without playing it, especially if they played Ninja Gaiden 1 and saw the magnificance that game has to offer, makes me hate them with the bottom of my soul. I'm a hate filled man, starcraft. I don't really like people. They do things that breed my contempt. One of the worst violations is when they diminish something I love in attempts to give creedence to something they love. This is the very nature of the Internet, and because I understand it, I am quite good at maniuplating it. That's really all it takes.

What I liked about your post was that you justified everything you said, and it was clear when you considered something to be your opinion rather than fact.

I'm well-aware of your Nintendo allegiences, I saw the thread in which you announced your purchase of a 360

A lot of people are still walking around with the mentality that Sony are still untouchable in the home console business, and genuinely feel that the the PS3 will come out on top.  For example, the other day MikeB commented that the PS3 could reach 140 million unit sales and exceed the PS2 (he wasn't joking).

What I don't like is that we've gone from one untouchable manufacturer (Sony) to another (Nintendo).  I want three highly competitive companies that sell consoles at a similar rate.  Though to be fair, the disparity between the Wii and the PS360 isn't as bad as the disparity between the PS2 and the Gamebox. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS