By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 Hating? i ahvent seen much of it TBH, there was alot of Wii hating last month for some reason and theres the occasional 360 hating, but PS3 hating is limited more to individul posts than entire threads.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
What you call hate would be considered mild criticism for the Wii.

Hate would be saying something like:

The PS3 has nothing but games for stupid nerds that live in their parents basement.

Which is the kind of hate the Wii has always gotten.

sorry, but this is warranted:

All of this stuff is just the process of "overgeneralizing" hard at work. When a few bad things happen, like say haze being a let down, Killzone getting delayed, or sales of hardware with GTA are lower than predicted, everyone naturally overgeneralizes these negative things with the PS3 as a whole.

Try making a list of great things about the PS3 and see if it chears you up- Outselling 360 month after month world wide, Metal Gear comming next month, wipeout hd, socom, resistance 2, and little big planet look great, they just won the blue ray war, third party support is stronger and better than ever with a list of really amazing games,

now add in a few suprises like say a God of War Trailer, Team ICO game, or something else cool like that and it will be Sony is going to rule the world all over again.

A lot of users on this site were predicting the demise of the ps3 last year so it's a natural thing for them to be hating on it now that it is experiencing success. And yeah as EHSTEVE said this site is dominated by Wii fanboys so of course the majority of negative comments will go against the ps3 or the 360.

FishyJoe said:
What you call hate would be considered mild criticism for the Wii.

Hate would be saying something like:

The PS3 has nothing but games for stupid nerds that live in their parents basement.

Which is the kind of hate the Wii has always gotten.

Pelease, PS3 owners took much worse last year. It was suicide mentioning you had a PS3 on most sites.

Around the Network
PDF said:
I was not aware of this influx of PS3 hating.

Now last year I felt there was alot of ps3 hating and that was one of the reason I joined. I felt in needed defending but soon after I joined it no longer needed it anymore. The ps3 hating level subsided as it sold better and more ps3 fans have joined.

Yeah, I have been on this site for 1 year and 3 months.  Back then, there were about 40 Wii fans and 2 PS3 fans regularly posting.  Most of the stuff from members was rejoicing in the Wii's victory and the PS3's path to demise.  After a while, more PS3 fans joined (probably as a reaction). 

Also, last generation the PS2 dominated the Xbox and GameCube cleanly.  So, of course 360 fans and Wii fans will be nicer to each other than PS3 fans.  Last year, there was the whole "Wii60" thing, but I think that was under the assumption from the MS fans that the Wii wouldn't outsell them within a year of being on the market. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

|_emmiwinks said:
EHSTEVE said:
kazuyamishima said:
I know that, there are too many xbox and nintendo fanboys, and sony fanboys here too, but i don´t know why the hate, i consider myself as a "sonyer" but i don´t hate the other 2 "new generation" console´s

I know you're new, so.... it's pretty much Wii>>PS3>>>>>360 when it comes to fanboy numbers on this site

Maybe, but Starcraft and Madskillz make up for almost half of the Wii and PS3 fanboy numbers combined.

Half their combined use of logic maybe..........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Half their combined use of flawed logic maybe..........

FIXED

Famine said:
starcraft said:

Half their combined use of advanced logic maybe..........

FIXED

Refixed

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Famine said:
starcraft said:

Half their combined use of advanced logic maybe..........

FIXED

Refixed

If by your definition advanced means flawed, then I concur.