By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit + VGChartz = Famous!!!

ssj12 said:
dtewi said:
They are focused on gamING, just not the type of gamERS you have in mind.

What you mean the people who play Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Da Blob, Pikiman, Animal Crossing, and the other Nini franchises? I'm going out on a limb here and going to say they aren't even targeting non-gamers at all. They are tagetting the average joe who has no time to buy an dumb bell.

The balance board = multiple use tool. The software packaged with it is meant for the people who have no interest in video games at all.

Are you people that brainwashed? Sweet jesus does it take a PC fanboy like myself to point out the blantantly obvious here?

1 - There are gamers and non-gamers. What part of this dichotomy you don't understand? You are not the one who will change those definitions.

2 - So, there is somethong wrong, there thousands of gamers who bought and still will bought Wii Fit. 

3- You already said you're a fanboy, so you have a more biased view than most people would do. What is obvious in your mind most probably won't fit in others pleople's minds.

By the way, why would DDR be about getting higher scores? If it was about that people just prefer to play tetris. DDR is about having fun while dancing/exercising. People like DDR very likely to be attracted to Wii Fit since they have close concepts.  

And for those who doesn't want Wii Fit. Don't buy it. You are bitching about what? You have to bought just because millions are buing it? Buy what you like and let the others do the same.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
dtewi said:
What's wrong with the software? Is it destryoing your insecure niche genre of videogames?

When does/did WiiFit release?

niche? I play just about every genre of game made. Including the first ever rail-music game AudioSurf which will never grace a console ever, thank god.

I'm going to say I'm defending the right to have games versus basically an exercise DVD that people want to call a game.

I think that people should really learn to open their eyes and put Nini on the spot for calling tech-demos "game."

But seeing that we are going to be going around in circles about this we might as well drop it.

Do you know what defines "rights" and "duties"?

You would be defending the right you stated when you don't buy Wii Fit because you don't like it. 

ssj12 said:
Lingyis said:
nah, ssj isn't trolling. but he gets riled up sometimes and gets into discussions while making up arguments as he goes along.

umm.. my argument stated the same the entire way through. My opinion will always stay the same. I love Nintendo but right now their main focus isn't gaming, it is selling the Wii as everything else but a game system. Thats how I see it and I'm sticking to it.

BTW, I wasn't getting "riled up," I have been smiling the entire discussion due to the fact I was enjoying it.

okay, i've said something similar i think half a year ago...  you have very strong opinion of things and you stick to your guns, and i respect that.  but you arguments need some work.  for instance, like in this thread, you start defining things the way you see it, and say others are wrong because the definitions don't match.  well of course there can be no agreement then.  some definitions, like "gamer" and "non-gamer", are either bereft of actual meaning, or so ingrained in people's mind there's no convincing.  thus, you shouldn't bother coming up with a definition for those terms, and if you base your arguments on those definitions there is no way your opinion can get through.

and if you're debating these definitions... then you're distracted from what you try to prove originally.

anyway, just my two cents.

(the process of defining things is kind of agitating... because coming up with definitions really get to the bottom of somebody's believes)

the Wii is an epidemic.

that's cool, but why was she playing Wiifit on a 47 inch hdtv? She was standing like 3 feet away from it too... you need to sit atleast 6- 7 feet away from a tv that size to see the visual quality of th... eh heh heh

Anyway good stuff, congratz to ioi I guess >.> oh well good bye hardcore gaming... so funny how Nintendo is using microsofts own language to sell their product for the opposite market the terms were designed to sell products for.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Article on Digg: http://digg.com/gaming_news/Rueters_uses_VGChartz

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I think Wii Fit will be the best seller game 2008 after all.

Finally an objective opinion in this thread...

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

@ssj: The reason for change in definition (which have no basis) is, that these "non-games" are beating most of the traditional games in sales. Just look at it, Brain Training is one of the biggest franchises (sold) this gen. And there's no doubt Wii Fit will be there too. People try to count even Nintendogs out as a game, just because of it's sales since it doesn't fit the former core audience tastes.
I can't see the difference between DDR and Wii Fit by the definition you gave about what DDR is. If Wii Fit is exercise, DDR is dancing. Both focus on non gaming related features. Sure you can get high score in DDR, but that's the same in Wii Fit. Now you would say that Wii Fit is an educative game, but guess what, kids are using DDR to learn discodancing. Whether you want to see Wii Fit as a game or not, it's only about how are you using it, to play minigames or to have exercise, but i'd like to mention that Wii Fit is extremely immersive experience.

Ok, so you critisize Nintendo for calling tech demos as games, is a bit hypocratic, since i noticed that your "games i play" had Unreal Tournament/2004/3, so apparently it takes a dog to know one.

As for the BD, so, if i get a BD player, i can play 60 players online with it, or what were you meaning?
Now the same thing applies to cinematic games as they do to Wii Fit; they focus on non-gaming. MGS4 has 9 hours of video in it (30% of the whole game). So, WTF, i'm a gamer, i don't care about the fucking videos, i'd take 30 hours of gameplay any day over 21 hours of gameplay and 9 hours of video. If i wan't to watch video, i buy a DVD. Atleas Wii Fit focuses on the interactive gameplay.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Luthor said:

About what? This thread is about VGChartz getting a mention, not SSJ12 and dtewi's insulting flame wars.

Objective opinion? Well, Pachter says Wii Fit could sell 50 million units if it ends up on Oprah. We all know how much of a Nintendo fanboy he is.

In the end, this is a sales site, and sales determine the console war. Everything else is unquantifiable opinion, and in the history books, on Wikipedia, in 50 years, which consoles are gonna be the footnotes? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Luthor said:

About what? This thread is about VGChartz getting a mention, not SSJ12 and dtewi's insulting flame wars.

Objective opinion? Well, Pachter says Wii Fit could sell 50 million units if it ends up on Oprah. We all know how much of a Nintendo fanboy he is.

In the end, this is a sales site, and sales determine the console war. Everything else is unquantifiable opinion, and in the history books, on Wikipedia, in 50 years, which consoles are gonna be the footnotes? 

Making an outlandish "expectation", which the game doesn't qualify, you can always say, that it failed to live up to its potential. Well, at least Pachter expects more than 50M sales for Wii. If we don't take "Oprah" and "50 million" literally, but see them as "popular lifestyle shows" and "a shitload of copies" i think Pachter is on the right track.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.