By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit + VGChartz = Famous!!!

Impressive !

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
windbane said:
Hah, the "firm" vgchartz. That's cool.

Couldn't help noticing that as well. Wikipedia defines a firm as:

I guess you could call VGC a business entity, now that there's a shop selling stuff, and ioi's making a bit of money with it. We're also way more qualified to talk about games that professionals, so I guess the second definition might work as well. Finally, we lost a good deal of our gansta following when Leo got banned, but the amount of trolling going on easily takes us up to the level of football hooligans. =P 

So yeah, we're a firm allright.

That's flipping awesome, great for vgchartz!
But Wii Fit selling 50 million copies? GL!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Parokki said:
windbane said:
Hah, the "firm" vgchartz. That's cool.

Couldn't help noticing that as well. Wikipedia defines a firm as:

I guess you could call VGC a business entity, now that there's a shop selling stuff, and ioi's making a bit of money with it. We're also way more qualified to talk about games that professionals, so I guess the second definition might work as well. Finally, we lost a good deal of our gansta following when Leo got banned, but the amount of trolling going on easily takes us up to the level of football hooligans. =P

So yeah, we're a firm allright.

Well, ioi is british.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The offtopic is strong with this thread.

On topic: Great for vgchartz :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Wii fit will outsell the PS3 over it's lifetime.

Wii Fit is a game, maybe not all of the things you can do but alot of the balancing games ARE games.

hmm how many of the people who says Wii fit isn't a game have actually even tried it?? 

I've had it for several weeks so atleast I know what I'm talking about. 

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum is very much right. As much as its "aimed" at non-gamers, with clever marketing and NO use of a gaming controller - it is definitely a game.

I challenge anyone here to play the downhill skiing game, the tightrope game - or even the football/soccer game in WiiFit - and tell me its not a "game". Compared to what? Buzz? Singstar? EyeToy?

Its brilliance from Miyamoto, because WiiFit is a WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. It will consume the non-gamers, and turn them into gamers :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Wow, this thread got de-frickin-railed...

OT: Good for VG Chartz. But Wii Fit won't sell fifty million units Pachter, sorry.

bdbdbd said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Luthor said:

Finally an objective opinion in this thread...

About what? This thread is about VGChartz getting a mention, not SSJ12 and dtewi's insulting flame wars.

Objective opinion? Well, Pachter says Wii Fit could sell 50 million units if it ends up on Oprah. We all know how much of a Nintendo fanboy he is.

In the end, this is a sales site, and sales determine the console war. Everything else is unquantifiable opinion, and in the history books, on Wikipedia, in 50 years, which consoles are gonna be the footnotes? 

Making an outlandish "expectation", which the game doesn't qualify, you can always say, that it failed to live up to its potential. Well, at least Pachter expects more than 50M sales for Wii. If we don't take "Oprah" and "50 million" literally, but see them as "popular lifestyle shows" and "a shitload of copies" i think Pachter is on the right track.

No, Pachter is right for once. Not the the prediction but the fact millions of people will jump onto the Wii for WiiFit if Oprah says something about losing weight whiler using it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453