By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit + VGChartz = Famous!!!

FishyJoe said:
If you guys want to discuss whether Wii Fit is a game or not start your own thread.

why? this discussion is keeping the topic bumped for people at neoGAF to hate us even more. lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Hah, the "firm" vgchartz. That's cool.

ssj12 said:
dtewi said:
They are focused on gamING, just not the type of gamERS you have in mind.

What you mean the people who play Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Da Blob, Pikiman, Animal Crossing, and the other Nini franchises? I'm going out on a limb here and going to say they aren't even targeting non-gamers at all. They are tagetting the average joe who has no time to buy an dumb bell.

The balance board = multiple use tool. The software packaged with it is meant for the people who have no interest in video games at all.

Are you people that brainwashed? Sweet jesus does it take a PC fanboy like myself to point out the blantantly obvious here?

You seem to be fixated on something, but I'm not totally certain what.

Wii fit is made for people who have no interest in gaming, yes, that doesn't mean that's the ONY person who can enjoy it and that doesn't mean it's not a game. It's like saying that anime, or good american cartoons like talespin and darkwing duck are only for kids. sure, they're targeted at kids, but they can be enjoyed by any age bracket. Good products are those that are marketed towards one group, but can be enjoyed by any group and it looks like that could easily be the case with Wii fit.

So where exactly is the problem?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Wow, great for the site and everyone involved...

Wiifit is a "balance board+excercise apps+minigames" is a nice packet aimed to the moms :P and everyone else included...

BTW did ssj12 got drunk???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
dtewi said:
Do you KNOW the definiton of non-gamer?!?!

Non- Not/Opposite

Gamer- One who plays video games

Non-Games- One who does not play video games

You gave the very definition of non-gamer, and said Nintendo is not targeting them!

You do know that those definitions have definitely changed since the Brain Age revolution?

Non-gamers - one who plays games that are meant to stimulate the mind or the optical nerves rather then playing more non-educational, interactive titles.

So basically WiiFit does not fall into that definition. WiiFit is an exercise tool, its not an educational game that stimulates the mind or optical nerves.

Wiifit brings to the table what I would like to call a Not-A-Gamer, basically a person who wont touch any type of game educational or not.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
dtewi said:
Do you KNOW the definiton of non-gamer?!?!

Non- Not/Opposite

Gamer- One who plays video games

Non-Games- One who does not play video games

You gave the very definition of non-gamer, and said Nintendo is not targeting them!

You do know that those definitions have definitely changed since the Brain Age revolution?

Non-gamers - one who plays games that are meant to stimulate the mind or the optical nerves rather then playing more non-educational, interactive titles.

So basically WiiFit does not fall into that definition. WiiFit is an exercise tool, its not an educational game that stimulates the mind or optical nerves.

Wiifit brings to the table what I would like to call a Not-A-Gamer, basically a person who wont touch any type of game educational or not.

1. Definition has been changed by who?

2. Plenty of "Mom's" play online flash games all the time. Something like Wii-Fit sounds like a great way to get a Wii in there home, after they hve the Wii and Wiifit it's only natural that they would try other games.  Seems like a good way to get people off free PC gaming on to trying to get them to pay for some games with more depth.

ssj, you're grasping at straws.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Did you pull that definition out of your ass?

I combined two REAL definitions of the words.

But let's use your definirion. You are saying that non-gamers are always playing educational games that are not interactive.

In that case let's get rid of WiiSports, WiiPlay, Nintendogs, and half the Wii and DS library. Does that mean DS and Wii aren't game consoles? They're just toys?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

for those of you attacking ssj12, he just repeated what the videos said, so why being so defensive, game or not , gamers or non - gamers , wiifit is not a typical game.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

oops, forgot to say:

wow, reuters!

vgchartz has pretty much been been cited by the biggest, most influential media outlets (nytimes had it earlier). let neogaf hate vgchartz. it's a hate that's like wii-hate in the past year, hahaha, i.e. eventually they'll need to come around.

the Wii is an epidemic.