By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit + VGChartz = Famous!!!

WiiFit is an exercise "game", game being very loosely used here. It's supposed to make exercising fun. The balance board is the accessory it comes with.

There are other companies that are interested in using the balance board for gaming, but WiiFit is anything but a game!

Around the Network

They are focused on gamING, just not the type of gamERS you have in mind.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Dolla Dolla said:
WiiFit is an exercise "game", game being very loosely used here. It's supposed to make exercising fun. The balance board is the accessory it comes with.

There are other companies that are interested in using the balance board for gaming, but WiiFit is anything but a game!

I disagree.  There are things like Yoga and Pushups, however there are also games like Skeeing and the Goaltender game.

Mods check the mod boards...on a related subject to this thread.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

The funny part about the people talking about whether Nintendo is focusing on gaming or not is that... every few years Nintendo decides what gaming is. Now it's Wii fit.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
They are focused on gamING, just not the type of gamERS you have in mind.

What you mean the people who play Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Da Blob, Pikiman, Animal Crossing, and the other Nini franchises? I'm going out on a limb here and going to say they aren't even targeting non-gamers at all. They are tagetting the average joe who has no time to buy an dumb bell.

The balance board = multiple use tool. The software packaged with it is meant for the people who have no interest in video games at all.

Are you people that brainwashed?  Sweet jesus does it take a PC fanboy like myself to point out the blantantly obvious here?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Soriku said:
I blame Wii Fit!

@ssj

Erm...who ever said Wii Fit was targeting 'gamers' in the first place? It's not and nobody has said that. Nintendo have games for gamers like Mario, Zelda, FE, Disaster, etc. Then they have games for typical non-gamers to play such as Wii Fit. Everyone is playing. This is a good approach.

Mayamoto

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

If you guys want to discuss whether Wii Fit is a game or not start your own thread.

She forgot to pronounce the 'z' in vgchartzzzzzz. ;)

Time to bombard Oprah with emails about Wii Fit?

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures

Do you KNOW the definiton of non-gamer?!?!

Non- Not/Opposite

Gamer- One who plays video games

Non-Games- One who does not play video games

You gave the very definition of non-gamer, and said Nintendo is not targeting them!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you