By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit + VGChartz = Famous!!!

ssj12 said:
dtewi said:
Do you KNOW the definiton of non-gamer?!?!

Non- Not/Opposite

Gamer- One who plays video games

Non-Games- One who does not play video games

You gave the very definition of non-gamer, and said Nintendo is not targeting them!

You do know that those definitions have definitely changed since the Brain Age revolution?

Non-gamers - one who plays games that are meant to stimulate the mind or the optical nerves rather then playing more non-educational, interactive titles.

So basically WiiFit does not fall into that definition. WiiFit is an exercise tool, its not an educational game that stimulates the mind or optical nerves.

Wiifit brings to the table what I would like to call a Not-A-Gamer, basically a person who wont touch any type of game educational or not.

I always knew you had the dark force running though you.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

But you agree it is a game PSRock. Ssj12 says it isn't.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Go easy on SSJ12. He's making sense, but he's forgetting about people like me, who are dying for anything new and weird whatsoever. I've been playing games my whole life, and I'll pay for any new way to play them. Somehow that makes me a Nintendo fanboy because Nintendo is the only company who comes up with new control schemes.

It's targeting everybody, every kind of gamer, every kind of non-gamer, everybody. This is a good thing.

@FishyJoe, HELL YES. Pachter's down! Who's next?

wiifit is whatever you guys think it is, but it comes with a board.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Grey Acumen said:
ssj12 said:
dtewi said:
They are focused on gamING, just not the type of gamERS you have in mind.

What you mean the people who play Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Da Blob, Pikiman, Animal Crossing, and the other Nini franchises? I'm going out on a limb here and going to say they aren't even targeting non-gamers at all. They are tagetting the average joe who has no time to buy an dumb bell.

The balance board = multiple use tool. The software packaged with it is meant for the people who have no interest in video games at all.

Are you people that brainwashed? Sweet jesus does it take a PC fanboy like myself to point out the blantantly obvious here?

You seem to be fixated on something, but I'm not totally certain what.

Wii fit is made for people who have no interest in gaming, yes, that doesn't mean that's the ONY person who can enjoy it and that doesn't mean it's not a game. It's like saying that anime, or good american cartoons like talespin and darkwing duck are only for kids. sure, they're targeted at kids, but they can be enjoyed by any age bracket. Good products are those that are marketed towards one group, but can be enjoyed by any group and it looks like that could easily be the case with Wii fit.

So where exactly is the problem?

You are right. So you would easily understand that even though a product is aimed for one specific group others will still use it. That is pretty obvious. The thing were the focus of the product is coming from. The Wii is a VIDEO GAME console. This is the exact same problem that Sony has had with the PS3. It has features not specific for video games. That is where the issues seem to lie. Just like Sony has Blu-ray, Nintendo is pushing fitness.

Now here is the major issues I have here. Sony gets bitched at over having a new media format that supports both movies and games. Yet Nintendo, a company that has been around for a very long times and always focused on games, is pushing fitness. FITNESS and VIDEO GAMES does not even add up. Nintendo is slowly moving their focus away from gaming, their own heritage. It is just that the movement is so slow that few is noticing. The thing is that they are not being questioned on this at all. 

If you people are about to say "but but DDR." Here is the thing, the main focus for DDR was not the fitness. It was the general interaction between user, game, user movement, and the music. Yes, the movement burned some fat, but that was not the focus of the game. 

Some of you said, WiiFit has mini-games. Guess what? Just like Wii Sports, the mini-games are just tech-demos to show the overall properties the balance board has. Basically just to show the potential uses in other games. 

Go reread my editorial now and you will better understand where I'm coming from.

@Kasz216 - the definition changed as time past. That is all. Time changes a ton of words meanings. Come now, the word own used to just mean to own something, now its both to own something and to defeat someone. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Grey Acumen said:
ssj12 said:
dtewi said:

What you mean the people who play Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Da Blob, Pikiman, Animal Crossing, and the other Nini franchises? I'm going out on a limb here and going to say they aren't even targeting non-gamers at all. They are tagetting the average joe who has no time to buy an dumb bell.

The balance board = multiple use tool. The software packaged with it is meant for the people who have no interest in video games at all.

Are you people that brainwashed? Sweet jesus does it take a PC fanboy like myself to point out the blantantly obvious here?

Wii fit is made for people who have no interest in gaming, yes, that doesn't mean that's the ONY person who can enjoy it and that doesn't mean it's not a game. It's like saying that anime, or good american cartoons like talespin and darkwing duck are only for kids. sure, they're targeted at kids, but they can be enjoyed by any age bracket. Good products are those that are marketed towards one group, but can be enjoyed by any group and it looks like that could easily be the case with Wii fit.

You are right. So you would easily understand that even though a product is aimed for one specific group others will still use it. That is pretty obvious. The thing were the focus of the product is coming from. The Wii is a VIDEO GAME console. This is the exact same problem that Sony has had with the PS3. It has features not specific for video games. That is where the issues seem to lie. Just like Sony has Blu-ray, Nintendo is pushing fitness.

Now here is the major issues I have here. Sony gets bitched at over having a new media format that supports both movies and games. Yet Nintendo, a company that has been around for a very long times and always focused on games, is pushing fitness. FITNESS and VIDEO GAMES does not even add up. Nintendo is not focusing the Wii at gaming, their own heritage. They are not being questioned on this at all.

If you people are about to say "but but DDR." Here is the thing, the main focus for DDR was not the fitness. It was the general interaction between user, game, user movement, and the music. Yes, the movement burned some fat, but that was not the focus of the game.

Some of you said, WiiFit has mini-games. Guess what? Just like Wii Sports, the mini-games are just tech-demos to show the overall properties the balance board has. Basically just to show the potential uses in other games.

@Kasz216 - the definition changed as time past. That is all. Time changes a ton of words meanings. Come now, the word own used to just mean to own something, now its both to own something and to defeat someone.

So your saying Wii Sports also isn't a game? I think you just don't understand the definition.

Wii Fit in general is going to be exactly like Wiisports. With the added ability to set goals. It's going to have the same system wiifit had to judge you on everything.

It's a game as much as Wii Sports is a game... and they both are games.  It has other uses sure, so have other games and systems.  The difference is.  Wiifit is one game.

Blu-ray is a main focal point of the entire system. 

@ssj12

Jesus Christ. The hypocrisy is so mounting in your post, I am drowning in it. I'll let someone else disect it because my mind is crying as it is.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Grey Acumen said:
ssj12 said:
dtewi said:

Now here is the major issues I have here. Sony gets bitched at over having a new media format that supports both movies and games. Yet Nintendo, a company that has been around for a very long times and always focused on games, is pushing fitness. FITNESS and VIDEO GAMES does not even add up. Nintendo is not focusing the Wii at gaming, their own heritage. They are not being questioned on this at all.

So your saying Wii Sports also isn't a game?  I think you just don't understand the definition.  Wii Fit in general is going to be exactly like Wiisports.  With the added ability to set goals.  It's going to have the same system wiifit had to judge you on everything.

Corrent, it's an interactive tech-demo. It's just like that head-tracking demo that everyone who saw that was like "I want that in my games."

BTW, I added another 2 sentences to the arguement in my last post.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The big difference being that Wii Fit is an optional accessory, it isn't being forced on Wii owners at enormous expense.

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Grey Acumen said:
ssj12 said:
dtewi said:

So your saying Wii Sports also isn't a game? I think you just don't understand the definition. Wii Fit in general is going to be exactly like Wiisports. With the added ability to set goals. It's going to have the same system wiifit had to judge you on everything.

Corrent, it's an interactive tech-demo. It's just like that head-tracking demo that everyone who saw that was like "I want that in my games."

Ah, in that case i'd just say you have no clue what a game actually is and everyone will have to agree to disagree with you.