By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii will see regular 1,000,000 per month sales in U.S.

I honestly doubt we will ever see this happen. Wii should sell big with Wii Fit and carry through june. July and augest are natoriously slow months for console sales, and by the time fall hits the SSB, MKWII, Wiifit, momentum should slow a bit. If they had a monster Fall game followed by another Monster around or after the Holidays I could see the possibility, I have always said Nintendo front loads their generation with big name titles. This time around it has worked perfect for them, but the remaining 5 or 6 years of this gne are dubious at this point as far as what they will do.

Around the Network

Heh, welcome back! :p

Erm, but.. a million a month? In the USA alone? Well, yeah, I can see that happen sometime in the future.. But up to 4 million a month in the US alone, that's taking it a bit far in my opinion.. :p Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about, so who knows.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

i'm sorry John, you gone really conservative this time around. I was hoping 4 million a moth at least.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I'm beggining to think Wii will be as popular in the USA as DS is in Japan. DS will get to what ~35 million?

If Wii ever does catch on like that in the USA they'd sell 60-70 million. I'm not convinced that will happen but I don't think its impossible anymore either.

The NES sold what 33+ million in the USA in the 1980s-early 1990s. PS2 will end up at 45 million+ in the USA.

PS2 never sold 700k in a month outside holidays, and it only came close to 700k in a month at $200. 

Wii is $250. Still.  I'm inclined to agree that there will be a period when Wii sells 700k-1250k in non-holiday months just in the USA. How long that period lasts will be key in determining whether Wii gets to 25, 35, 45, 55, or 65 million in the USA.  

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

PS2 never sold 700k in a month outside holidays, and it only came close to 700k in a month at $200. 

Wii is $250. Still.  I'm inclined to agree that there will be a period when Wii sells 700k-1250k in non-holiday months just in the USA. How long that period lasts will be key in determining whether Wii gets to 25, 35, 45, 55, or 65 million in the USA.  

Fixed.