By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii will see regular 1,000,000 per month sales in U.S.

2.4m/month makes this prediction very possible. Look at the numbers historically. America usually sells the most, with Europe/others behind a little ways, and Japan further back from there.

2.4m/month - 1m American = 1.4m for the rest.

We could place .9m of that in Europe/others, and the remaining .5m in Japan.

Makes perfectly reasonable sense. In fact, with those production numbers, it's not only possible, it's probable.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

It's a very nice prediction, sounds fair and logical to me..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Nice to see you back John. And sorry about your loss. One million a month for Americas seems possible, even likely, but few things makes me wonder will they supply that much; they need to stockpile for chrismas and the upcoming chinese launch. Although, any extreme numbers are not to be expected from China and 2,4M monthly production should be enough to supply the rest of the world and leaving 1M supply for the Americas (but the stockpiling).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Hi John. Welcome back, and my condolences to you!

I think your prediction may turn out to be true, I just don't yet think production will be as high as you said. 4.1 million from 2.4 million is too big an increase for half a year which is left...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well, Wii can probably do it but only for a couple of months. A full year is impossible. The economics is not just there to attain 1 million per month especially the off seasons.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network

I just read most of this thread. All I have to say is, "Damn, he's still got it." Welcome home!

Welcome back John!, my first friend.

I hope everything is well with you, life can be shit sometimes.
I couldn't agree more with your prediction. Wii fit is gonna get SO much blame. How much blame can something get?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

A Million a month .... ok .... I'd like to see that.

Imperial said:
A Million a month .... ok .... I'd like to see that.

woot! a doubter.

eat crow b*tch. You don't doubt john. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Well duh!

This prediction blows John.
Once Nintendo sorts it out (ie stops giving American supply to Europe due to the poor Dollar) They will be doing what they usually do, which is giving almost half of their production to the Americas.

2.4/2 = 1.2 million.

Edit: although now I re-read I notice you said U.S. so I am doubtful we will see regular sales above 1 million by NPD until Nintendo increases production some more, because Europe is an increasing market to Americas will likely ge 45% or less of shipments, which we then have to cut down to mean USA only, so at the rate of production Nintendo is aiming for at the moment USA will probably only get 900k per month.

Until the last quarter I don't think we will see NPD over 1 million on ANY 4 week month, and it is unlikely for the 5 week months.
I think we will have to wait till 2009 before this comes true John, unless you are counting November-December as regular