By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii will see regular 1,000,000 per month sales in U.S.

The overserved never understand appealing to the underserved. They always assume that the underserved will somehow take on the ideals of the overserved if they're worthy. When a product or person comes about which caters to the underserved, there is an outcry from the overserved, for why is there any need to change how things are done, they ask? And they grow more and more afraid as that underserved market becomes less and less underserved, as it means that the overserved market is no longer the only market of note. Elitism at its most blatant, in other words.

That is, in short, why people deride and belittle the disruptive forces which change how markets work. Not because those forces aren't working (for they clearly are), but because what they're doing to the market scares the people who have been the market's favorite for years. This is why there are endless waves of doubters to John Lucas' predictions, deriders of Maelstrom's study of process over results, doom-criers of Nintendo galore, and many who want to believe that Obama is not a good candidate. They're afraid of what it means for their own little slice of the pie if these people are right...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
The overserved never understand appealing to the underserved. They always assume that the underserved will somehow take on the ideals of the overserved if they're worthy. When a product or person comes about which caters to the underserved, there is an outcry from the overserved, for why is there any need to change how things are done, they ask? And they grow more and more afraid as that underserved market becomes less and less underserved, as it means that the overserved market is no longer the only market of note. Elitism at its most blatant, in other words.

That is, in short, why people deride and belittle the disruptive forces which change how markets work. Not because those forces aren't working (for they clearly are), but because what they're doing to the market scares the people who have been the market's favorite for years. This is why there are endless waves of doubters to John Lucas' predictions, deriders of Maelstrom's study of process over results, doom-criers of Nintendo galore, and many who want to believe that Obama is not a good candidate. They're afraid of what it means for their own little slice of the pie if these people are right...

Beautifully said.

Can't get more perfect than that.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Neos said:

That's just awesome. Well played.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

johnlucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ JL

No wonder you like Obama. You're exactly alike.

Inspirational, yet unrealistic.

I actually take that as a compliment, DMeisterJ.

Nobody believed Obama could get this far and most people never believe in my predictions.

The true story is always told in the end, however.

John Lucas 

Oh, it was supposed to be a compliment, I had no intention of hurting your feelings.

You are inspirational... reading your posts, you can't help but get on board with what you're saying, but the probability of that happening is slim to none. 

No harm intended.

Neos said:

Actually, thinking about it again, this picture is out of context.

The Wii isn't 25 million units ahead of the PS3 or 360.  It's 7 mil ahead of 360, and 13 mil ahead of the PS3.  So the battle for number two is moot, but not that moot.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
johnlucas said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ JL

No wonder you like Obama. You're exactly alike.

Inspirational, yet unrealistic.

I actually take that as a compliment, DMeisterJ.

Nobody believed Obama could get this far and most people never believe in my predictions.

The true story is always told in the end, however.

John Lucas

Oh, it was supposed to be a compliment, I had no intention of hurting your feelings.

You are inspirational... reading your posts, you can't help but get on board with what you're saying, but the probability of that happening is slim to none.

No harm intended.

No it's cool, DMeisterJ. What we have on here is a playful rivalry.

I enjoy talking to everyone here. This place is fun!

You know I actually do feel like Obama sometimes when I come on here.

Predictions you can believe in. The Audacity of John. Hahahahaha!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

The Wii isn't 25 million units ahead of the PS3 or 360. It's 7 mil ahead of 360, and 13 mil ahead of the PS3. So the battle for number two is moot, but not that moot.

Just wait some more time, then the picture will be even funnier ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:

The Wii isn't 25 million units ahead of the PS3 or 360. It's 7 mil ahead of 360, and 13 mil ahead of the PS3. So the battle for number two is moot, but not that moot.

While I agree the PS360 marketshare won't be as bad as GC/Xbox marketshare there is a difference.  PS2 launched well ahead so it enjoyed that lead at the point it was 25 million ahead of both.  Wii is 7 million ahead of 360 which launched a full year earlier and 13 million ahead of PS3 which launched at the same time.  Still quite impressive.

jlauro said:
I trust the numbers for demand... it's the supply I doubt...

That said, I would be surprised if they didn't manage it for at least 3 months this year.

Bestbuy.ca has had wiis in stock online since some time yesterday, I know it was at 117 when I last checked last night...

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10094887&catid=24354

whoa.... so does amazon.ca... anyoine who's looking for a wii in canada... it's your time

http://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-Wii-Includes-Sports/dp/B0009VXBAQ/ref=pd_ts_vg_1/701-0337047-4689975?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Good to see your still around and kicking John. =)