By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Nintendo fans enjoy seeing the downfall of the HD consoles?

Yes, this is why being a blind fanboy sucks...I used to get angry when I saw Sega losing the 32 bit and 128 bit war and after that I stopped caring. All 3 companies can go out of business for all I care and EA can step up and provide a new console... if I like it, I will support it.

The only loser thus far I see is Sony as they went from number 1 to losing the Japanese market to Nintendo and losing the American market to Nintendo and Microsoft. Europe as well will be a dogfight...

In any case, a world where the Wii is the only console and Wii mote has to be used in every game is a world where I don't really play games on a daily basis... I'm 26 now and marriage and kids will be coming soon so it may be the right time for Wii domination to start. :)

Around the Network

I enjoy watching Sony fail because they made my shitty old laptop that caused me a lot of frustration.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Nintendo Zealot said:
I enjoy watching Sony fail because they made my shitty old laptop that caused me a lot of frustration.

Well,if that was the case,then I hate Microsoft because they made that F@cki#g Vista shit and screw all my programs.

I hate Nintendo too because I ruined my child and youth social life at that time for playing beautiful games in the Nes and the Super Nes.

I hate Sony too because the TV I buyed many years ago become mute,and for this I can see but not hear many Macross chapters in that occasion.

I hate my neighbor too,'cause his cat is prettier than mine >_>

And the list could go on forever I suppose,LOL

Anyway,we don't have to hate a thing if we accept diversity.

I could not live with only one kind of games,I need and really enjoy every "good" game,doesn't matter if this is "casual or hardcore" (an absurd way to classify games if you ask me)

Last time I checked, XBOX 360 was doing MUCH better than the original XBOX and has actually a profit in the last fiscal year. The only company that is living a downfall would be Sony since they went from first to last.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Hello. Without having read through this all. I got the gist that you all suggest that the HD consoles have the same types of games. Well besides the obvious "you are incorrect" then how about the wii ?

Lets see.

Super Mario - Done to death (wheres luigi ?)
Zelda - Done to death
Sonic - Done to death.. (i know it's sega, but he appears a lot on nintendo)

Most of nintendos first party games are reruns of old games. I'm not saying that it's terrible, i'm just saying that maybe it's time for something new. Personally my favorate supermario game is Super Mario Bros. 3. For the Snes.

Nintendo is still milking it's key franchises to the point where the mascots should be gasping for air.

Ofcourse you see the same on other consoles, but not to this extreme point.

Again, i'm not saying they shouldn't make more mario games, i just think they should stop putting him in all of their games.
But hey, if it works it works.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Staude, sequelitis is industry-wide. If you're successful, you get sequels. In fact, the more success you have, the more sequels you have.

Nintendo is expected to have the most sequels because they are the only console maker and game maker to last this long, and especially to last this long and stay this important and insanely successful.

And Super Mario Bros. 3 was on the NES, not the SNES.

The best selling games of this generation will be Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and Wii Play, and none of them have Mario. Brain Training and Nintendogs from the DS would also like to say hello.

Other consoles' biggest games all end in numbers, Halo 3, GTA4, GT5, MGS4, FF13, etc. etc. At least Mario and Zelda don't end in numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...

windbane said:
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...

Strangely, so do I. As far as that is concerned, as long as Fallout 3 doesn't suck, I'll die happy.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well personally I've always been a 2 console guy, I've bought my Nintendo console first every gen, and right now I am enjoying seeing the idiotic fanboys hold onto their illogical bias for their brand. Personally I tried to talk to Sony fanboys for the past two gens with logic and reason, if you brought up a good game and it was Nintendo made it was automatically kiddie and stupid, I hated trying to have an intelligent conversation with people that had no freaking clue what a good game was and those people flocked to the dumbest games ever made and made them multimillion sellers.

Being an old school gaming vet it was like seeing the end of good games, PS1 was a horribly made console compared to past consoles (failure rate), power not even close to par with the N64 back when power was needed to make a good 3D game (now its only used to make a game pretty/physics), and it was full of half assed games that actually sold, but all that was due to having a new crowd come into gaming that never played games before (the jocks, frat boys, etc)

Come PS2 era those horrible games actually improved but instead of the devs actually trying to make a new idea or concept like devs used to do back in the day it just turned into who could make the biggest bloodbath and call everyone else lame in the process, that gen was full of very stupid, very bland, and immature games.

Pretty much if you tried to say otherwise everyone would say how their console was winning and games sold better (facts you couldn't dispute but logically any gamer in the days of old could see the path games were taking which was a very bad one) but I was trying to be a voice of reason on both sides while still trying to educate some people by helping them understand what a good intelligent game was, but this was the same crowd that had not been in gaming for too long and were full of illogical reasons which they all used to fight you with, and it all got very annoying.

And now you have those same people try to do the same thing for PS3/360 and you have facts to make their opinions null and void, so simply I say that logic has finally won, and its sweet to rub a few idiots noses in it.

(BTW I am buying a PS3 when I can as I said I'm a 2 console kind of guy and I love MGS so I'm not a fanboy just a fan of Nintendo for real reasons not just blindly following like a fanboy would do so don't start the "you're such a fanboy" crap =P)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Yes because if they had had the success Wii is having then we would be left with very little variety in games. If you are not a fan of racing games, FPS, Madden, FIFA there would have been nothing left for you to play as that would be all developers would be making. Also the high cost of making games would mean no risks being taken ever. I think the prices of consoles would have been totally unacceptable.

I'm particularly glad to see PS3 being thrashed by Wii as I feel it is totally unacceptable for companies to force its fans to pay for what they don't want so that you can win a disc format war that has nothing to do with games.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down