By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Nintendo fans enjoy seeing the downfall of the HD consoles?

Just remember what happens when you try to go down the "hardcore"path

You end up going from this

to this:

do I really have to go into more detail on this issue? 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

Just remember what happens when you try to go down the "hardcore"path

You end up going from this

to this:

do I really have to go into more detail on this issue?

One, it could have worked, but they just fumbled it. First, it should have been absolutely clear that they were not replacing the original Looney Toons. This was just mean to be a side story. That didn't come across. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

MontanaHatchet said:
I think the real question this thread has made me think about now:

Which fanboys are the biggest elitists?

Well, I'd say that would be PS3 and 360 fanboys, but there is a problem. They try to use elitism as a way to anger Nintendo fanboys. They don't really believe the things they say, and inside they are mentally unprepared for true elitism.

Nintendo fanboys are obviously very pro-nintendo and always use faux-outrage whenever anti-Nintendo articles pop up. Nintendo fanboys always get our way. We even make bigtime buttholes who hate us apologize to us on command, and put Miyamoto as Times most influential man.

Deep down we think that Nintendo systems are the best, but we don't like to throw that around because people get defensive, or at least they should. Nintendo basically invented the arcade cabinet, and the directional pad. They revived gaming when it was dying, and invented the platformer(donkey kong) and rpg(zelda). The invented handheld gaming. How dare Sony try to compete with Nintendo in the market Nintendo itself invented. It's a slap in the face, and everything Sony is taking now, they deserve.

We believe that even if you don't like Nintendo, you should respect them for being the company that made it possible for you to even own a PS3 or a 360, and even though we recognize how awesome other companies "games" are, deep down in our hearts, we know they are all derivitive of Nintendo games and ideas.

...or maybe that's just me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MontanaHatchet said:
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Okami fanboys. They even refuse to buy the game for the Wii, because it's the Wii.

Hey, Wii owners like playing ports. Even I'm guilty of it. We Okami fanboys were born on the PS2.

Dtewi: So I'm a Wii hater for not sitting around and laughing at those whose gaming tastes don't agree with mine despite most Nintendo fans earlier criticising the "hardcore" for trying to put down casual gamers? Look, this whole thing has turned a lot of Nintendo fans here into elitists, sarcastic or not. It's not a criticism, it's just what happens when your console is the most successful.

All what you saying @MontanaHatchet is full of truth,some actual Wii's owners are the same people that once a time had a gamecube,and pray to God for a revenge,a vendetta for that third and last place in the past generation.

Don't misunderstanding me,I like the Wii.

But get full of anger and point to everyone else saying that they got the anger is a little paradoxical,don't you think?

At the end all of us are gamers.That's what unites us.Everyone of us can live in this world.I can't see why five great gaming options can't do it.

lolz, i enjoy watching Ps3/Xbox360 beaten by Wii, because there was sooo much been said against the Wii, like "Wii is for kids" "Wii has N64 graphics" and so on......

also, i hope with this, Sony will put a bit more fun in their next console rather than graphics and a high price...
for Ms, they should be bothered to make game consoles.....

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network

This isnt a downfall for HD consoles, the PS360 are both selling well and receving top exclusives, i dont call that a downfall, the Wii is great, but i dont think even the most ambitous nintendo fanboy would say it has brought about a downfall in HD console gaming.

TalonMan said:
FishyJoe said:
Looks like people are moving on from denial to anger. I can't wait to see what the bargaining stage will bring forth.

I'm sorry, but this was classic - the thread could have been locked right here as there was no better response...

Fishy, I got a warning for posting the stages about the stages to HD console fans. I actually had written a whole OP about how some were in the anger, denial, and bargaining stages, but since the warning I've been afraid to post it.

It's quite elitist, as Montana says, and it's absolutely hilariously funny because it's 100 percent true, but I can't make comments on such things because I have been warned. I would say more but I fear retribution.

However, this is certain. With NPD, for the casual forum goer, denial is over, confirmed. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MontanaHatchet said:

...but Montana, you gotta realize. The Gamecube, the Wii, and earlier on even the DS, were kicked around and beaten on so much that us who stuck with then through the hard times are finally getting our revenge and our justifications.

If you don't see how truly magnificant that must be from our point of view, then you're trying not to on purpose. You think we should have learned from our torment and be better than our tormerners. That's not the way things work on the internet, lol.

We've been wanting to have em pinned and helpless for so long, and now that they are, we can perform our...operations, as slowly as we feel like, and the screaming is music to our ears.

In videogames, we call it justice. Foeboys could call it karma, though.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

14 years of getting kicked in the junk by Sony fanboys and then MS fanboys leads to a lot of pent up payback.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
14 years of getting kicked in the junk by Sony fanboys and then MS fanboys leads to a lot of pent up payback.

Yeah, I can't believe they are getting all offended now, like it's just out of the blue that this happened and there is no history.

For the record, I haven't rubbed it in on this site, nor shall I, because I respect all of the posters here and I don't wanna get banned, but comeon guys, there is history here and the Nintendo kiddy stigma that you been spewing for years kinda made us angry with you, and when you get beaten very badly by the NPD(correct or not), we might crack a smile.

For the record, I love Xbox 360, lol. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.