By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

It actaully does have some new stuff. Although its little. I dont think we have ever heard of the Chronicles screen. It basically is where you can unlock info about all kinds of old school Nintendo games. No big deal but still cool. We see some new stickers and trophies. Also, the trophy for Kapp'n says "Exceed 300 ft combined swim distance for all characters." I might have overlooked something, but where in the game do we swim?!

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Still hasn't updated for me.

loadedstatement said:
It actaully does have some new stuff. Although its little. I dont think we have ever heard of the Chronicles screen. It basically is where you can unlock info about all kinds of old school Nintendo games. No big deal but still cool. We see some new stickers and trophies. Also, the trophy for Kapp'n says "Exceed 300 ft combined swim distance for all characters." I might have overlooked something, but where in the game do we swim?!

If you land in water softly (like, not getting smashed down through it), you'll float on top of the water...it might be for a limited time, I forget.

So like in Delfino Isle, you can jump off the side, totally miss the platform, and press left or right to swim back.  But you can get knocked right through it easily...and Bowser/Yoshi/whoever's B-down or similar moves will still go right through water like it's not even there.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The German site was up at like 1:05, took like 20 more minutes to get an English version.  I'll just do a quick copy/paste, it's too long for me to care:

Vault

The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one.

Here’s the top menu.

Let’s do a rough overview of the mode known as the Vault.

The Vault is where items you’ve collected or created in Brawl are stored. Objects you’ve received as rewards or have downloaded usually appear here.

This is the Vault menu!

Trophies & Stickers

Trophy Gallery

Browse your collection of trophies here.

Trophy Hoard

Line up your trophies and take photos of them.

Sticker Album

View all of your stickers laid out neatly in an album.

Sticker Center

Enjoy arranging your stickers.

Coin Launcher

Fire off volleys of coins to snag new trophies and stickers!

Stage Builder

You can create all sorts of stages here. Go here for more details.

Build stages like this one!

And this one!

If you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you might find something new waiting for you here.

Album

Check out your best snapshots here. Go to this link for more details.

All the shots you take can be found in the Album!

It looks like you might have a new snapshot waiting as well.

Challenges

Once you’ve received a reward for completing a challenge, check here to see what you need to do to complete other challenges. Find more information here.

Replays

Save up to 3 minutes of game play per replay.

Of course, you can record your brawls...

And your Home-Run Contests!

And your runs in Target Smash!!

And your exploits in Multi-Man Brawl!

The power to record and send out brawl replays is in your hands. You can even zoom in for a close-up on individual characters while viewing replays.

Masterpieces

Savour the "authentic" battles past for many famous characters through Virtual Console trial versions! Find out more here.

Chronicle

This bonus feature lets you peruse Nintendo’s library of past titles. Missing titles in your Chronicle will gradually fill in as you obtain stickers and other things related to those games. (However, there are some titles that will not be displayed until the very end.)

Mm hmm... ...This is just nuts.

How on earth did we squeeze all these modes in here? I’ve clearly gone overboard with Brawl.

But still, it’s not like I want everyone to play through every single portion of the game. I think I’d rather you played small portions of the areas you find interesting a little at a time.

Whether you choose to go solo or play with friends, you’re covered, because Brawl is about playing the way you want to play.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

reading german comes handy about now

Around the Network

Do you think Sakurai has any more megaton ideas left in him that we dont know? Any awesome modes that he intends us to find for ourselves? Right now this game is so perfect that I don't see any more possibilites.

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

vault seems to be an average update

@ pichu_pichu: I dunno... I actually found it quite enlightening (it confirmed swimming, after all)

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

wait what? create items? I missed that update apparently....could someone explain please!!

To Each Man, Responsibility

Sqrl It was a semi-awesome update but not as awesome as I hoped for.
That pretty much sums it up.