By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I just can't get over how great this games graphics are. These graphics are breath taking.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I think no one mentioned this yet.

From the fifth volume of Iwata asks (in the last section "Trophies and Stickers"):

Iwata
So that’s why you try so hard. Although it’s simply a case of modeling the trophies, you have to design them in a way that fans will be happy with. This must take lots of effort.

Sakurai
Right. The development for Smash Bros. Melee begin soon after the GameCube was released and we had to design each character from scratch. This time, however, we were able to borrow characters from various development teams, which was a big help. Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles.

This seems pretty much like an (rather) outright admission that Wind Waker Link is in the game

EDIT: It was brougth to my atention that migth only mean it is present as an assist trophy...Ups...

Wii Number: 6834 4776 2070 3061

Cute, aren't they? More in my profile (I made them, lol)
Grupoid said:

I think no one mentioned this yet.

From the fifth volume of Iwata asks (in the last section "Trophies and Stickers"):

Iwata
So that’s why you try so hard. Although it’s simply a case of modeling the trophies, you have to design them in a way that fans will be happy with. This must take lots of effort.

Sakurai
Right. The development for Smash Bros. Melee begin soon after the GameCube was released and we had to design each character from scratch. This time, however, we were able to borrow characters from various development teams, which was a big help. Take The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess from the Zelda series for example. We were able to design the Smash Bros. characters by adapting them just as they were modeled for the original titles.

This seems pretty much like an (rather) outright admission that Wind Waker Link is in the game

It is in the section of the interview titled Trophies and Stickers.  He is obviously talking about the models for trophies and/or stickers.  It is very possible that a Wind Waker character is a sticker/trophy.  This means nothing regarding Wind Waker Link being playable. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

It doesn't even confirm WW link as an assist trophy, I mean didn't Melee have a load of trophies of characters from all over the nintendo universe.

For instance I bet there will be a number of Animal Crossing trophies in Brawl, but only one [so far] is an assist trophy.

Looks like the leaker videos are probably fake. Evidence time!

First, let's look at the original leaker video. Remember how the character menu had no organization? Odd isn't it? Especially odd since the characters were organized by franchise in the official manual.

That's just strike one though. He released a 3rd video today, and a couple things in it just don't match up. You can watch the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlOAWgGI7bo&eurl=http://brawlcentral.com/

They look almost identical don't they? Almost... unfortunately for some reason the Leaker's video is missing the green and white outline on the highlighted "Vault" menu. Odd says I! perhaps left off because the overlap would be difficult to make in Photoshop over a short time while scrolling through the menus? Strike 2.

This IMO though is the most damning piece of evidence.

Wow, so much wrong with this. First of all, coincidence that the menu started out at the EXACT same ratios as it did in the website version? Second, why wasn't there a stage selection menu between the My Music button and this? There would have to be to navigate stage music.

That's strike 3, and our leaker is BS. His videos could all have easily been created in a simple flash program with the help of some solid photoshop skills. The lack of gameplay and the errors in his creations add up to him most likely being fake. We do know the official starting roster, but we have yet to see the real character screen.

/bow

Around the Network

wow, good call Naz. That is very interesting. If he really wanted to show he had it, he should you know, show some gameplay. Record a run through classic mode or something.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Nice call Naz, he always did seem suspicious...he would never show a video of more than a few seconds or any real gameplay...screamed of fake, even though it looked so real.

Also, Sakurai is talking about Wind Waker Link's trophy, as in, just a collectable trophy. That's all he is. He was in a pic or video some time ago...and now he's just talking about how he made the trophy...by taking the model directly from the GC game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Damn, it's about time for some REAL leaks...come on Smashers!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

• Mario: 85
  • Kirby: 58
  • Link: 55
  • Wario: 52
  • Fox: 47
  • Pit: 43
  • Yoshi: 41
  • Pikachu: 35
  • DK: 31
  • Diddy Kong: 30
  • Bowser: 30
  • Samus: 30
  • Meta Knight: 28
  • Zelda: 26
  • Ike: 25
  • ZSS: 24 
  • Peach: 23
  • King Dedede: 22
  • Snake: 20
  • Lucas: 16
  • Sonic: 14
  • PT: 12
  • IC: 10
  • Captain Olimar: 5
  • Sheik: 3

• Wow, I totally knew those videos were fake after seeing the first one.
    Adajio - 1
    Leaker - 0

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
    "I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
    I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
    Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
    "Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged