By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

fazz said:
This 25 days are gonna be the longest 25 days of my entire life.

yeah, and after the 25th day you'll relize you pretty much have 1 more day to go! :O >_< >_>

The wait is killing us all.

Around the Network

I hope that Boo's in the update, if not he needs to be in SSBB when it comes out at least.

Hadn't seen these posted yet so adding them:

Jan. 11 Fri. 2008
Pikmin & Olimar: Special Moves

Captain Olimar is among the most specialized characters within the cast of Smash Brothers Brawl.

In order to really unleash Olimar’s full potential, you’ve got to have a good knowledge of his helpful cohorts, the Pikmin!

<Standard Special Move: Pikmin Pluck>

Pluck, pluck, pluck up Pikmin.

First uproot a few Pikmin from the ground. You can have up to six Pikmin at one time. As long as there is ground beneath your feet, you can reach down and pull up a Pikmin, but be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring.

There are 5 types of Pikmin to use!

- Red Pikmin -

• High attack power
  • Attacks imbued with incendiary properties
  • Immune to fire

- Yellow Pikmin -

• Range of attack slightly larger than usual;
    easy to hit enemies with
  • Travel in slight arcs when thrown
  • Attacks imbued with electrical properties

- Blue Pikmin -

• Strong when thrown
  • Slightly more durable than average

- Purple Pikmin -

• Doesn’t fly far when thrown
  • Slow
  • High attack power
  • Slams into enemies instead of
    latching on when thrown

- White Pikmin -

• Quick and light
  • When latched onto opponent,
    poison does additional damage

You can figure out which Pikmin you will attack with next by looking at the order they are lined up in.

You’ll use a Red Pikmin in your next attack.

In order to perform a Smash Attack, certain midair attacks, and even throws, you’re going to need Pikmin!

Anyhow, just do your best to not kill off your platoon. Olimar doesn’t stand much of a chance by himself.

Pikmin don’t have graves, you know.

<Side Special Move: Pikmin Throw>

Throw Pikmin that latch on to your opponent!

They’ll cause an enemy’s damage percentage to slowly rise!

<Up Special Move: Pikmin Chain>

If you think you’re about to plunge to your doom, this right here is your best chance for survival.

The recovery distance for this technique is dependent upon the number of Pikmin currently in your troop!

Just imagine what would’ve happened
if you had had one less Pikmin!

<Down Special Move: Pikmin Order>

Call back Pikmin who have managed to separate from you. You can also use this technique to shift a new Pikmin to the front of the line.

Tweeet! Line up, everyone!

So there you have it. I bet you’re a little confused by his eccentric play style.

But don’t fret! It’s easier than it looks. Spend some time playing around with him. That’s key.

Whoa, the battlefield sure is crowded today.

Jan. 14 Mon. 2008
Challenges

Trophies, stickers, music...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl certainly has its share of "rewards" for you to collect. Among them all are several for which I’ve set certain appearance conditions.

So, to help you manage these performance-based rewards, I’ve created the Challenges mode. This mode gives you hints about what you need to do to unlock these items!

This is the Challenges screen.

It’s totally empty. I’d say that if anyone saw this empty screen in-game, it would be an extremely rare occurrence.

Each one of these windows has some condition or another that will unlock it.

When you meet a set of conditions while playing through the game, that window will automatically break open.

KSSSSHHH! Then you get what’s inside!

If there’s a CD inside, you can listen to that CD on the spot.

Hmmm... Nice.

When a window breaks, you see a red silhouette of the windows on either side. When you align the cursor with these windows, you can see the conditions for breaking them open, too.

As you can see...

Use this to take on challenge after challenge so you can earn more, more, MORE prizes! It’s much easier to get excited about it when you know what you have to do.

By the way, you can use as many Golden Hammers as there are down below.

Even windows that aren’t open...

Can be broken open with a little force!

But use the hammers at your own discretion. Once used, a hammer will never return. You’ll want to save them for challenges you just can’t seem to overcome.

Oh, but you should also know that there are some windows even a trusty Golden Hammer won’t break.

And be careful of friends who might egg you on. I mean, imagine you have a hammer, some pristine glass, and a friend who just keeps telling you to break the glass...

It makes you want to break it, huh?

To Each Man, Responsibility

This last month will be a long one...but I do not own Melee, I sold it with my GC a couple years back and have been playing it occasionally on a friend's GC since then. But he moved away, so I've been without Melee for nearly half a year save for a couple random plays at a friend's.

So I bought Melee and 4 controllers off eBay for $50...excellent deal. They're third party controllers, but the good kind that are nearly clones of the 1st party ones...they're pretty good and less than half the price. So that'll keep me busy til Brawl comes out at least.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

YOU SOLD SSBM?!? The GameCube I can see, but SSBM? I could never do that I've put too many hours in it.

Around the Network

How could anyone sell Melee!? *is shocked*

GameCube my my favorite console last gen.

I like Bacon said:
Wow. When this game was announced on May 10th, 2006, we had 641 days until the NA release. Now it's only 27. 95.8% of time has passed between May 10th 2006 and Feb 10th 2008. :O

O_O! Wow, it is very close. But Japan is going to get it in 8 days. Damn them! We were suppose to get it first! >=(

It is the 15th where I live now, and now 95.95% of the time has passed! :O Such a huge difference! >_>

26 days! I predict an item or a how to play again. 

I SWEAR I'm going to pass out when I get this game, just out of pure excitement. Good thing I'm gonna make my girlfriend go with me that day.

lol!

I'm going to try to play Brawl for 30 hours straight when I get it! ^_^