By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I saved the image to photobucket. Now it's in my sig!  It looks nicer, and it added a blue border. cool! ^_^

and I hope Kirby gets Fox's tail when he swallows him this time. That would be so cute!

Around the Network

Wow! 4005 posts and counting... this is a HUGE thread!

Just kiss the tip.

Pikachu's hats? Please its all about Donkey Kong's ties.

$#!@$ %!@#$!@, Campaign can be played co-operatively or single person... This reminds me a lot of Kirby Super Star, which could be the single greatest game for me since that one.

Edit: Yep, that's definitely more or less the gameplay from Kirby: Super Star, except 2P actually lose a life when he/she dies now.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Update:  Team

I will announce this right here, right now. In Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary, you can also play with two players simultaneously!

Congratulations! It’s co-op play!

So, whether you’re siblings or close friends, two can play together.

Of the two, one will be the protagonist. Essentially, the camera follows the protagonist, so the other player has to keep up.

Player 2 is kind of like another option.

Basically, it is the same as a standard Smash brawl, so if you take damage and get knocked off the screen, you lose a life.

However, this mode features a space jump that allows Player 2 to return to where Player 1 is even after getting left off the screen.

If Player 2 gets separated from Player 1 by the screen scroll, he or she will quickly space jump back to Player 1's side. But, if Player 2 gets knocked off the screen by an enemy, that counts as a lost life.

You just come back naturally.

The Subspace Emissary has the following map screen.

This is the map!

The protagonists form teams based on the developments in the story, and the characters they encounter join their team.

Choose a team and enter a stage.

Your stock count, or the number of lives you can lose, is set for each stage.

In single-player mode, each time you lose a life, you switch to a different character on your team and are revived as that new character until you run out of stock lives. (You choose the character order for your team members at the start of each stage.)

In co-op mode, when either player 1 or player 2 loses a life, that player will be revived as another team member until your stock count runs out.

But, if Player 1 loses a life after the stock count has run out, that’s the end! Player 2 is participating simply as an optional player, so be careful.

By the way, you can also choose the difficulty level.

From Easy to Intense!

If you choose Easy, it will be quite easy indeed, so we definitely want people who aren’t very good at this type of game to give it a try! Even they will be able to make it to the ending.

But, if you choose a harder difficulty, your rewards will be greater. That’s another part of the fun.

And...

There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.

I’ll explain this in great detail another time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Man...this is freaking amazing. It's apparent that you have to choose specific characters tied to the story, but I am 100% fine with that.

Co-op adventure mode is freaking excellent. We say "best game ever"...I'm really believing it now...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

You better believe it... especially if it's from Kirby Super Star (not a surprise... it is Sakurai after all)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I wish it was online, but yeah co-op is awesome. I want to know what the strategy is for powering up. Some sort of RPG leveling system seems most likely.

Crazy...I don't know if I'd want an RPG type system...but then again...perhaps Smash would be better with it.

I don't really care that it's offline only...I'm sure multiplayer will be getting the most play from me and my friends...even if this adventure mode is the sweetest ever.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

i wonder how long it will take the quickest person to 100% complete this game. but wow... just wow

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)