By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

DonWii said:
^Donkey Kong Racing is coming, under DK Bongo Blast name. It was supposed to be controlled with the Bongos, but the now Wii bound game will opt the Bongos in favor of Wiimote/Nunchuck style racing.
He's talking about a different Donkey Kong Racing game. A game made by Rare that got cancelled for the GameCube around 5 years ago.

Around the Network

Could one of you folks kindly fill me in on the situation with SSBB online play? I have heard quite a bit of back and forth on this issue..one minute its a lock the next we are hoping and praying for it.

I found this article on IGN and I will quote the relevant portion that got me to wondering wth is going on.....

"...

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

..."

It is an E306 quote but its a very strong statement of intent. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
I like Bacon said:
DonWii said:
^Donkey Kong Racing is coming, under DK Bongo Blast name. It was supposed to be controlled with the Bongos, but the now Wii bound game will opt the Bongos in favor of Wiimote/Nunchuck style racing.
He's talking about a different Donkey Kong Racing game. A game made by Rare that got cancelled for the GameCube around 5 years ago.

Barrel blast needs to get more hype  because its suppose to come out pretty soon but i woulda loved the original game that came out way back when

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I know about Donkey Kong Racing. It was shown back in 2000 for the Gamecube. I always assumed the game was put on the back burner, especially after Rare left. THEN, it was dug back up and completed/re-modified to work with the Bongos and slated to be a Gamecube release in around 2005. BUT, it got delayed, and ended up being a Wii game slated for 2007 release.

Sqrl said:

Could one of you folks kindly fill me in on the situation with SSBB online play? I have heard quite a bit of back and forth on this issue..one minute its a lock the next we are hoping and praying for it.

I found this article on IGN and I will quote the relevant portion that got me to wondering wth is going on.....

"...

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

..."

It is an E306 quote but its a very strong statement of intent.

Things change...online play in Brawl is simply not known anymore.  At that time, I believe Brawl was scheduled to come out at launch as well...things change.  But that certainly does sound like good reason to believe Brawl will have online:  the fact that Nintendo made Brawl for online is pretty wild.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
DonWii said:
I know about Donkey Kong Racing. It was shown back in 2000 for the Gamecube. I always assumed the game was put on the back burner, especially after Rare left. THEN, it was dug back up and completed/re-modified to work with the Bongos and slated to be a Gamecube release in around 2005. BUT, it got delayed, and ended up being a Wii game slated for 2007 release.

maybe, who knows?

Lol I knew I wouldn't get away with the Diddy Kong Racing comment. Oh well, I stand by it!

As for what my name means El Duderino I'm sure it's a mystery no one will ever solve. :)

Diddy..lawl

New item tonight!!

Diddy's moves tonight.

I think it is going to be another big update/surprise.

Considering the only new thing Nintendo showed of at CG was Wii Chess(WTH?) I think we got these big updates on the dojo for a reason.

Otherwise, I would say it is also a Diddy move set.