By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Guantanamo is not enough. Paredon now.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

You won't take me alive! DKR Forever!!!!

It just doesn't have that tactile sense that MK64 has...gripping the roads, a better feeling of weight differences...the sliding worked better too. There weren't enough items, the ability to stack them was cool, but they were too generic...why no bananas? Oh yeah, because MK64 owns.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
It just doesn't have that tactile sense that MK64 has...gripping the roads, a better feeling of weight differences...the sliding worked better too. There weren't enough items, the ability to stack them was cool, but they were too generic...why no bananas? Oh yeah, because MK64 owns.

Psh, DKR had much more diverse environments, boss racers, an explorable overworld, 3 totally different ways to race, a much wider variety of tracks, better characters, lots of difficult and unlockable bonuses, and much better AI. Not to mention it was simply a much larger game. Even without the 3 different ways to race it was twice the size. /dons flame armor. Activates flame forcefield.

/dons flame armor.

All that stuff almost makes up for the fact that the game didn't play as well as Mario Kart.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Diddy Kong Racing: Lighter than Kart in some ways, heavier than others.

Hey, it was a cool game, some neat concepts, but "Silver Coin challenge". And keys in races. And then... Trophy race! Well, gee, I like racing the same race 3 times over with the CPU not being better in any form with extremely artificial difficulty.... wait, no I don't. 24 tracks? Versus Mario Kart's 16. At least Mario kind doubled it by mirroring them.

However, on the other side of things, I do really like Diddy Kong in Smash Bros. So long as he doesn't try to fly a plane. Monkies can't fly. But they can fight! And fling feces.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

After I looked at the Subspace Army video for the eight billionth time XD, doesn't it kinda look like peach and zelda turn to stone after petey bangs their cages together. They turn gray and don't seem to be moving. I donno, I might be reading to much into it but that's what it looks like to me.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

For DKR haters...

Imagine if Mario Kart had the adventure game theme with an explorable overworld, had the kart/plane/hover setup, AND had the "tactile sense" or otherwise un-named magical qualities of MK.

For anyone who wanted ONE kart racer on N64, maybe MK64 was the way to go. But anyone who is a fan of kart racers in general, and doesn't think DKR is one of the best ever is a jackass. Instead of just remaking the genre in 3D, it really tried to innovate, and on most counts was a smashing success.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I loved Diddy Kong Racing, I always loved its adventure style. I don't understand all the hate :P

Only thing is, I wouldn't compare it to MK64... DKR was adventure AND racing, while MK64 was pure racing.

DOUBLE UPDATE

Update: Animal Crossing Music: Go K.K. Rider!

It hardly needs to be said that this music plays in Smashville.

Many Animal Crossing songs are pretty serene, so there are a lot of songs that aren’t very suited to a fighting game. What to do, what to do...?

Then there’s this arrangement. As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."

Update: Yoshi's Final Smash

It’s tough to know what to call Yoshi—some call him a dragon, others a dinosaur. Some people don’t know WHAT he is.

But whatever you call him, Yoshi’s true power will be seen here!

He’s gotten the oft-mentioned Smash Ball!

W-wings!

He starts spewing out a jet of fire...

But you can also press the button to spit out fireballs!

It feels like, um...beauty and elegance...mixed with clumsiness. Certainly, no one’s ever seen Yoshi like this!

Being able to fly around is nice, as is giving undivided attention to his attacks. Yoshi can live as he likes, for a brief period of time.

Oh, to think it’s already over...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM