By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Parokki said:
Just out of curiosity, what's so great about Diddy? I can't think of any incredibly awesome games he's been in, and as a character he's just a kid monkey. With weird weapons apparently.

Not trying to flame anyone here, I honestly want to know. I talked about this with a bunch of friends of mine, and quickly realised everyone I know hates him. =P

Seriously?  you don't like Diddy?  I like him much better than Donkey Kong.  They are nicely contrasted.  Remember pairings like in Monsters Incorporated where you had Sulley and Mike, then there was Ice Age with Manfred and Sid, and Sesame Streets Bert and Ernie, and Mario and Yoshi, etc.

Diddy is the sidekick character to Donkey and is many people's favorite just like each of these pairs and many others throughout entertainment history usually have a popular "favorite."  Yoshi, Ernie, Sid, and Mike would all be "popular favorites" out of the above mentioned because they are all different than the norm, comical, likable, etc.

Donkey is very lunky and big.  Nobody ever really likes Lunky characters or big characters as much as the small rascally funny characters.  Diddy's quickness, funny high pitched noises, and laughable attire made him an instant favorite back in the SNES days.  Rare immediately noticed this and made the sequal based around him.  They also kept him as a playable in Donkey Kong 64 second only to Donkey himself, since you cannot do away completely with the mascot.  Rare even gave him his own racing series with Diddy Kong Racing which was popular enough to spawn two other loved franchises with Banjo in Banjo Kazooie and Conker in Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Nintendo also recognized Diddy's presence enough to fight for his trademark when Rare was sold to Microsoft.  After which they have used his whimsical and likable nature to hop around the courts quickly in Mario Power Tennis, quickly toss out bananas in Mario Kart, hit bongos in Donkey Konga, and much more.  This brings out the point that he also is the light weight alternative to Donkey Kong in Mario's sports games which usually makes him the more strategic player in those games. I don't think we will ever see a future Donkey Kong game again that doesn't incorporate Diddy somewhere.  He is Donkey Kong's official sidekick and most people love the sidekicks.  :-p 

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Just out of curiosity, what's so great about Diddy? I can't think of any incredibly awesome games he's been in, and as a character he's just a kid monkey. With weird weapons apparently.

Not trying to flame anyone here, I honestly want to know. I talked about this with a bunch of friends of mine, and quickly realised everyone I know hates him. =P

After Diddy Kong Racing and DKC2 I will never hate Diddy. Diddy Kong Racing was better than Mario Kart 64. There I said it! *pulls out flame shield and ducks*

naznatips said:
Parokki said:

After Diddy Kong Racing and DKC2 I will never hate Diddy. Diddy Kong Racing was better than Mario Kart 64. There I said it! *pulls out flame shield and ducks*

I always knew there was something odd about you naznatips but until today I could´n prove it, now it all makes sence, all you have to do as look at you name naznatips, now all you have to do is remove the nat and ps parts from naznatips what do you get ??? nazi, now take a look at your avatar, sure it looks like he´s pointing somewhere, but in reality he is doing a one fingered nazi sieg heil salute... very clever, didn´t strike me till you sayed Diddy Kong Racing was better than Mario Kart 64, but only a nazi can be so evil.

*builds box around naznatips while he´s ducking under flame shield and sends him to guantanamo*

thats the last we´ve seen of him :)

Where's my shovel. We need to bury naznatips...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Where's my shovel. We need to bury naznatips...

yes and fast...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network
El Duderino said:
naznatips said:

I always knew there was something odd about you naznatips but until today I could´n prove it, now it all makes sence, all you have to do as look at you name naznatips, now all you have to do is remove the nat and ps parts from naznatips what do you get ??? nazi, now take a look at your avatar, sure it looks like he´s pointing somewhere, but in reality he is doing a one fingered nazi sieg heil salute... very clever, didn´t strike me till you sayed Diddy Kong Racing was better than Mario Kart 64, but only a nazi can be so evil.

*builds box around naznatips while he´s ducking under flame shield and sends him to guantanamo*

thats the last we´ve seen of him :)

DCR belongs in the "i can't believe it's not Mario Kart" category. But i agree with El Duderino, supporting such an aryan super-monkey as Diddy shows your true colors.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Well if you don't like either, then nobody cares.

You can't like Diddy Kong Racing over Mario Kart 64 and not be a turd though...it's just not possible.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

DonWii said:
Am I the only one who is dissapointed that this character is not a Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong combo? I figured the Ice Climbers would be out for this game, so I assumed they would take their place.
If it was a Diddy/Dixie combo, I would have been so disappointed. Diddy FTW! Dixie FTL!

naznatips said:
Parokki said:

I liked it better too. I lusted for Donkey Kong Racing...................... Which got ass-canned (kanned?)

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

^Donkey Kong Racing is coming, under DK Bongo Blast name. It was supposed to be controlled with the Bongos, but the now Wii bound game will opt the Bongos in favor of Wiimote/Nunchuck style racing.