By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Just out of curiosity, what's so great about Diddy? I can't think of any incredibly awesome games he's been in, and as a character he's just a kid monkey. With weird weapons apparently.

Not trying to flame anyone here, I honestly want to know. I talked about this with a bunch of friends of mine, and quickly realised everyone I know hates him. =P

Around the Network

Diiiddy!!! I always like to play as Diddy in DKC... and well, Sakurai always manages to make our predictions wrong...

Ok, I predict a super crappy update with no new character... to be exact, no Sonic in today's update!

Diddy was cool in Donkey Kong 64.  I always forget about that game...a Rare game that was arguably as good as Banjo Kazooie.

4 player deathmatch...weapons and punching...Peanut Pistols ftw!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@Parokki,

I think the same things about Wario and Waluigi, but i will give Diddy some credit as a cool sidekick in DK Country for the SNES

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Am I the only one who is dissapointed that this character is not a Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong combo? I figured the Ice Climbers would be out for this game, so I assumed they would take their place.

Around the Network

A Diddy/Dixie combo would have to work differently than the Ice Climbers, if only because of Dixie's hairspin.

Just look up the sales numbers for games where Diddy is the main star... DKC2, DKL2, and DKR. Those 3 games and their remakes have sold over 14.5 million copies. That's pretty similar to Metroid, bigger than StarFox, and a lot bigger than F-Zero, but people want second characters from all those franchises.

And then add the games where Diddy is a sidekick... DKC, DKL, DK64... Those were even bigger games... In total, DK games have sold around 50 million, and Diddy is in practically all of them, often playable.

With that kind of popularity, he's really hard to disclude.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I honestly don't care about Dixie.

EDIT:  Erik, not to mention he's in a lot of Mario-themed games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

DonWii said:
Am I the only one who is dissapointed that this character is not a Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong combo?

Yep, I think you are the only one.

Well, Diddy and Dixie were somewhat "independent" from each other... I mean, in DKC there was no Dixie and in DKC3 there was no Diddy. Also, you could pretty much finish the game using just one character. I think that's the reason they are not combined into one.

Well Diddy Kong has a much bigger presence than Dixie Kong does. Sure it would be fun and interesting but Diddy has been in a few more Nintendo games where Dixie I think has only been in 2. All the other DK characters besides Donkey and Diddy keep getting switched up for others. Like Lanky, Baby, Candy, Tiny, Wrinkly, Cranky, etc

Tiny in Donkey Kong 64 was somewhat taking the place of Dixie in the SNES games, however Diddy stayed. Diddy also has his own racing titles and makes appearances in Mario Power Tennis and a few others. Dixie does not, which sucks because she was an awesome character enough to make her the main one in DKC 3, but I digress.

I am trying to find a move set for them that I saw back in 2006. I had it bookmarked, but my computer died, so I lost it. It was very promising, and it peaked my interest in the duo.