By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Kwaad didn't you post like... this exact same thread 6 months ago?

Also your forgetting the X-mote!

The 360 did have some other acessories but with HD-DVD being a dead format.

Around the Network

Kwaad

You have an interesting argument.

However, it would be more fair/interesting to use MSRP and not special sale prices for the Xbox 360 wireless (49.99) and PS3 Dual Shock 3 (54.99) controllers.

I can also tell you that things are worse if you buy things at Gamestop -- which sells the wheel and the zapper at MSRP plus 5.

It does help deflate the Wii is bought because it is cheap argument. You have just shown that must sell because it is better. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

So the wii IS on equal pricing terms with the PS3 and is still kicking it's ass! Well that's wraps it up!

Kwaad is always good for a laugh. Pops up every few months, makes a topic that would make rolstoppable proud, then disappears into the mist.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

So you are trying to create flamewar by saying people have to buy more for Wii because it "needs it" while 360 needs nothing because it is a "one-person" system?

Flame-bait much?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Kwaad said:
Desroko said:
You don't need the Wheel to play MK, or the GC or Classic Controller to play Brawl.

You are exactly right there my friend...

But I have yet to meet a person who liked the game using the Wiimote on smash.

And MK-wii sucks without the Wheel.

My good friend, who has never played previous Smash Bros., uses the wiimote + nunchuck to good effect. Everyone else uses gamecube controllers (Free for fanboys, cheap on internets?).

Have you ever played MK-wii? It's hard to play with the Wheel/without nunchuck. Everyone in our group uses either the nunchuck combo or gamecube controllers. Well we are all mario kart gamecube/64 players so we like the analogue stick.

I can't say it enough though Kwaad. Without Leo-j, you're all we have left!! Please stay just on the cusp of being banned. It's so much more fun with you here.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
So you are trying to create flamewar by saying people have to buy more for Wii because it "needs it" while 360 needs nothing because it is a "one-person" system?

Flame-bait much?

no, it's just kwaad being kwaad :)

the Wii is an epidemic.

Kwaad still gets owned from one end of the world to the next, as always.

Tormod said:
Kwaad still gets owned from one end of the world to the next, as always.

That's not very nice.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

mike_intellivision said:
Kwaad

You have an interesting argument.

However, it would be more fair/interesting to use MSRP and not special sale prices for the Xbox 360 wireless (49.99) and PS3 Dual Shock 3 (54.99) controllers.

I can also tell you that things are worse if you buy things at Gamestop -- which sells the wheel and the zapper at MSRP plus 5.

It does help deflate the Wii is bought because it is cheap argument. You have just shown that must sell because it is better. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

I didnt really look up the mSRP, I was lazy, and just went straight to amazon for prices. LOL.

Actually what I am saying is, people buy the Wii for cheap, and end up paying more in the long run.

And I am saying the Wii is selling better, and selling just as much 'value' in equipment, as the other consoles, if not more, than the 360... becuase it appeals to the most non-gamers. (rember, us gamers are the minority out there)

EDIT: I'm done with this thread for awhile... continue on, about saying the Wii is cheap, when it's not. Enjoy spending a fortuine, and ADMIT what your actually paying. Who cares, are you haveing fun? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
Desroko said:
You don't need the Wheel to play MK, or the GC or Classic Controller to play Brawl.

You are exactly right there my friend...

But I have yet to meet a person who liked the game using the Wiimote on smash.

And MK-wii sucks without the Wheel.

I enjoy Brawl and Mario Kart with the wiimote+nunchuck. I'm quiet good in both games using them as well. I was actually disapppointed in myself for not being able to use the wiiwheel, though I have been practicing.

With the Wii continuing to come out with new 'attachments' And requires so much to play as well, are things getting out of control?

For a 'party' Wii system. (what it's for right?)

We will need to buy...

1x Wii - 249.99
3x Wiimote - 39.99*3= 119.97
3x Nun-chuck - 19.99*3= 59.97

That is what a Wii system will run you today. As things are starting to progress, we are losing our ability to keep downloaded stuff on our Wii? We are out of space, with old classic games! The new Wii-Ware is pushing the data so far beyond the hardware, it's not funny. Soon, we will be faced with 2 choices. 1. Start downloading only what we are playing, and second... well, spend 50-100$ for a external HDD.

When you add in the base entry requirements, then add in the new 'HDD' that we will be needing...

We are looking at a painful number, very close to 500$ to get the system completely built.

Then there is the annoying trend, of games needing, special 'attachments' MK-Wii is a good example. If you wanna play 4-way, you will probibally want to pick up another 3, 9.99$ Wii-Wheel. Also, alot of games, you need, or will want the 'classic' controller. Which in the event of Smash, you would want 4... As the Wii-mote SUCKS on that game. So you add on, your 4 'classic' controllers, at 14.95!

We are quickly comming up on 600$ just for hardware.

On regards to the 360. Let's go with this one.  It comes with your 20gb HDD, and the wireless controller. As let's use the 360 for the same situation, and play party games on it, to 'favor' the Wii in this, as the wii is meant for it, the 360, is more of a 'one person per console' online system.

1x X-Box 360 - 349.99
3x wireless controller - 39.99

Ok, and as far as the 360 goes, that's all I can think of needing... just about ever. And that comes to 469.96$.That's about 100$ cheaper, than the Wii!!!

How much more is the Wii gonna get that is 'necessary' to play the games?! (I do not count Wii-fit, as it is specific for the one game, and it 'expands' the original concept of the machine, and is not 'useful' in anything but the one application. 

*jumps in a swimming pool to hide from the rapidly approaching firestorm*

Bold part - please don't try and tell us this is not flamebait. Don't insult our intelligence.

Also, if it's "only" a party system, the $250 comes with everything you need - Wii, Wiimote+Nunchuck, WiiSports. If you really need something else, WarioWare for $50 (might be cheaper by now), will allow you to use ONE Wiimote (that you already have), and allows up to 12 people to play. So for $300 you're set. Also, for $10 bucks more, you can get WiiPlay (another party game) and a Wiimote, and then get the second nunchuck for 20 bucks, so total is $370. Not bad.