By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

With the Wii continuing to come out with new 'attachments' And requires so much to play as well, are things getting out of control?

For a 'party' Wii system. (what it's for right?)

We will need to buy...

1x Wii - 249.99
3x Wiimote - 39.99*3= 119.97
3x Nun-chuck - 19.99*3= 59.97

That is what a Wii system will run you today. As things are starting to progress, we are losing our ability to keep downloaded stuff on our Wii? We are out of space, with old classic games! The new Wii-Ware is pushing the data so far beyond the hardware, it's not funny. Soon, we will be faced with 2 choices. 1. Start downloading only what we are playing, and second... well, spend 50-100$ for a external HDD.

When you add in the base entry requirements, then add in the new 'HDD' that we will be needing...

We are looking at a painful number, very close to 500$ to get the system completely built.

Then there is the annoying trend, of games needing, special 'attachments' MK-Wii is a good example. If you wanna play 4-way, you will probibally want to pick up another 3, 9.99$ Wii-Wheel. Also, alot of games, you need, or will want the 'classic' controller. Which in the event of Smash, you would want 4... As the Wii-mote SUCKS on that game. So you add on, your 4 'classic' controllers, at 14.95!

We are quickly comming up on 600$ just for hardware.

On regards to the 360. Let's go with this one.  It comes with your 20gb HDD, and the wireless controller. As let's use the 360 for the same situation, and play party games on it, to 'favor' the Wii in this, as the wii is meant for it, the 360, is more of a 'one person per console' online system.

1x X-Box 360 - 349.99
3x wireless controller - 39.99

Ok, and as far as the 360 goes, that's all I can think of needing... just about ever. And that comes to 469.96$.That's about 100$ cheaper, than the Wii!!!

How much more is the Wii gonna get that is 'necessary' to play the games?! (I do not count Wii-fit, as it is specific for the one game, and it 'expands' the original concept of the machine, and is not 'useful' in anything but the one application. 

*jumps in a swimming pool to hide from the rapidly approaching firestorm* 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Hmm, perhaps you could name some of the costs associated with the PS3, just to, you know, calm the firestorm.

Well it is worth the money.

This is of course to be contrasted with the PS3 and 360, which don't need controllers or games or friends to play!

And you forgot to add a $60 game to the 360, since the Wii comes with an amazing revolutionary 5-in-1 game pack that changed the face of gaming forever ever ever.

I have a Wii, 2 extra remotes, 1 extra nunchuck and a 1gig SD card.

Had I been American it would have cost me just over $350

I am planning to buy 1 classic controller and likely a final remote.... so $410

Around the Network

You don't need the Wheel to play MK, or the GC or Classic Controller to play Brawl.

Oh jeez, not that short-sighted "price" argument again... Price is only a piece of what makes a product sell. The better the marketing and the more appealing the product, the higher a price people are willing to pay. This isn't rocket science, it's basic economic theory.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Nice to see you posting again Kwaad.

MontanaHatchet said:
Hmm, perhaps you could name some of the costs associated with the PS3, just to, you know, calm the firestorm.

I dont mention PS3 a single time in there... XD But ok, I'll pull a full decked out PS3, with the works.

(too lazy to make links)

PS3 499.99
4 Dual Shock 3 -  49.79

699.15$

And in regrads to not getting some of them. Then you cant play all the games on the console, or the games suck.

SMASH = crappy game without classic.
SNES+ games = crappy without classic.
Wii-kart = Crappy without wheel.

So the  best games on the Wii... suck... Becuase of a crappy controller design, so you have to pay more to enjoy the great games? 

This is not Wii bashing. This is me asking... When is it going to stop? How much more will they release for the Wii, and then make games suck without buying that too? How much will I invest in a Wii before I'm done with it? How big of a storage box will I need for the Wii? 

Desroko said:
You don't need the Wheel to play MK, or the GC or Classic Controller to play Brawl.

You are exactly right there my friend...

But I have yet to meet a person who liked the game using the Wiimote on smash.

And MK-wii sucks without the Wheel.