By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The wheel is free with Mario Kart. And it does not affect the gameplay. You hold the controller sideways and it plays like Excite Truck or any other Wii racing game. But if you don't like that, you can use a mote'n'chuck, and I even prefer that style. Just because YOU prefer peripherals doesn't mean EVERYBODY has to buy 4 of each.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
RolStoppable said:
Kwaad said:
Desroko said:
You don't need the Wheel to play MK, or the GC or Classic Controller to play Brawl.

You are exactly right there my friend...

But I have yet to meet a person who liked the game using the Wiimote on smash.

And MK-wii sucks without the Wheel.

No, it does not.

Also, thanks to your comparison we found out that the PS3 is costing you the most money out of all the consoles even though you forgot to add the PS Eye and headsets to your calculations. =)))

I dont have the PS-eye, and I almost never use headsets. Infact, online play, only about 25% of people have headsets. Also, the PS-EYE, is only required for games, designed for it. Kinda in refrence to why I left out Wii-Fit. It's too much of a corner market, and it 'expands' the overall concept of the system. In the future, the Eye might become 'standard' but as of right now, it is not 'standard'.

If you get to discount the headset because only 25% of the userbase buys them, I think you should also discount your entire argument, since similar percentages of Wii users got Kart or Brawl or all 4 remotes. Some people actually pass the remote around for 4 player bowling or golf.

In my parts of town (USA) Dual shocks cost 55 and wireless 360 controllers cost 50. I dont think using your fancy Amazon prices makes it fair. Dont forget the cost of batteries for the 360 controller. Still.....yeah shits expensive. I have a full Wii rig and I dont use 2 of the nunchucks ever.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

lmaoo this guys arguments are funny

If you truly want the cheapest 'fully pimped' console Kwaad why not get a DS?

DS =$110 (I think?)
internet browser thing = $?? (around 30 I imagine)
+earphones/headset thing.

Probably all for about $160.

Or even get a GameCube. probably you can get all you need for $60 or less.

------

Perhaps your argument in the OP was proving that the Wii costs more than 360, yet as it still sells 2-3 times more it must be a better system? as a higher price + higher sales must indicste quality.

Around the Network

SO you don't buy games for the 360?

I have spent probably over 700$ on the Wii. Of fucking course you are going to spend that much. You are having it for YEARS!

I also love the fact that you HAVE to have all extra peripheals.

Xbox 360 + Controllers = $470. + Guitar hero = 570. Not done. Another guitar. 670.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Well, as I created this thread to see...

I hope those of you who enjoy buying the most expensive console, and LOVING IT. Enjoy that. I do not have a problem with you enjoying playing on the most expensive console. I sure as hell do. I love my PS3. Actually I have 2 of them. I created this more to show, the Wii is not the 'value' system, it's "box" price says it is. Overall, a Wii will cost as much as a 360/PS3. And what I mean by that, is the PS3/360 are not designed to be 4player/split screen party systems like the Wii, so in truthfulness, you would only need the controller that came with the system, and a game. So in refrence to that, the PS3 (80gb) is actually cheaper than a Wii, as everything comes you need to get blasting out of the box. 1game, 1controller, and online play to play with your friends. (get a headset 20$), and if you just so want, the controllers, add 90$

PS3 520$

Wii not counting games, but to have 'FULL' ability, and 'OPTIONS' You are looking at damn near 500$

And the 360, comes in cheapest, at under 500$.

I am not saying the Wii sucks, and I am not saying the  games suck. This thread is all about costs, and marketing. My point is, I am saying, nintendo markets 'accessories' that are 'required' almost to play games, at their funnest extent, becuase of that, you end up buying all their accessories, you 'need' to play the games, and have the most fun, becuase of buying those accessories, due to nintendo's exelent marketing, you are spending a LOT more on the console than you would have other-wise, and thus in doing so, makes the Wii a very expensive console. I have yet to say in this entire thread the Wii sucks, and is garbage. Infact I am saying, to have fun you need to buy the other things. If I was being the 'same ol' Kwaad' I would be saying. "You have to buy these stupid things, to even enjoy the games that suck. Infact, why buy the games that suck, so you dont have to buy the accessories, the Wii is so cheap... becuase you shouldnt buy it." I'm not saying that because if you want to enjoy your wii, be my guest, but my point is, Alot of you guys on the Wii, are paying more for hardware on the Wii, than I am on the PS3... And the PS3 is VERY expensive in comparison to the 360.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

ummmm what about people who have friends that bring over controllers >.> ! I only had 3controllers for my Xbox , 3 for GC, and 2 for wii . When we play 4 player games like smash , halo, or mario kart they would bring their own controllers . And we never touch the wii wheel only Gc controllers .

dtewi said:
SO you don't buy games for the 360?

I have spent probably over 700$ on the Wii. Of fucking course you are going to spend that much. You are having it for YEARS!

I also love the fact that you HAVE to have all extra peripheals.

Xbox 360 + Controllers = $470. + Guitar hero = 570. Not done. Another guitar. 670.

Just because you are trying to smear me.

I have spent over 500$ on my Wii so far, and on my PS3's I have spent close to 2000$.

I have a new computer 1300$, and if you saw my other thread, you would see why those numbers are. *LOW* In in the last 6 months have spent close to 10,000$ building my... 'game room'.

And if you wanna get expensive.

X-box 250$

Steel Batallion 200$

Steel Batallion Expansion 40$

x8

That is going all out no money bared, being stupid. :D

EDIT: And no more posting for me, let the uhh... fire smoler a little... 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Most people don't care about "full ability" or "full options." You're basically attacking a few super hardcore members of VGC who blew a shitload of money on Wii games and peripherals and are having a blast.

You can buy a Wii for $250 and 3 remotes for $120. Total: $370. Then you can take this to a family reunion and create 100 Miis for everybody in your extended family and play tennis until you puke. Same for retirement homes, cruise ships, hotels, and everywhere else that is buying Wiis and NOT every peripheral ever.

And that is FUN. You do not need peripherals to have fun. That seems to be the most important point in your arguments, and it is simply not true.