By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I thought kwaad was perma banned,nice to see he wasn't.

Around the Network

Is this a rebuttal to the "The Wii sells because it's cheap" argument?

Kwaad said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Hmm, perhaps you could name some of the costs associated with the PS3, just to, you know, calm the firestorm.

I dont mention PS3 a single time in there... XD But ok, I'll pull a full decked out PS3, with the works.

(too lazy to make links)

PS3 499.99
4 Dual Shock 3 -  49.79

699.15$

And in regrads to not getting some of them. Then you cant play all the games on the console, or the games suck.

SMASH = crappy game without classic.
SNES+ games = crappy without classic.
Wii-kart = Crappy without wheel.

So the  best games on the Wii... suck... Becuase of a crappy controller design, so you have to pay more to enjoy the great games? 

This is not Wii bashing. This is me asking... When is it going to stop? How much more will they release for the Wii, and then make games suck without buying that too? How much will I invest in a Wii before I'm done with it? How big of a storage box will I need for the Wii? 

Yes, it is. Don't act like people here don't remember what you were like before.

Sky Render said:
Oh jeez, not that short-sighted "price" argument again... Price is only a piece of what makes a product sell. The better the marketing and the more appealing the product, the higher a price people are willing to pay. This isn't rocket science, it's basic economic theory.

100%  agreement. I'm just saying, the 250$ price-tag is a lie. After you 'pimp' your Wii, it will cost almost as much as the 'performance' systems...

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Ahh, don't get mad guys, this is the kind of stuff I've been waiting for for quite a while.

Just sit back and enjoy.

Around the Network
Alasted said:
Is this a rebuttal to the "The Wii sells because it's cheap" argument?

Actually no, it's in regards to the begging for a HDD for nintedo to release, so you can play Wii-Ware games, without having to download them, play them, delete them, then download a new one, play it... then delete it, download the old one, then play it.

EDIT: The question is, where are the 'semi-required' add-ons going to end? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I have:

1 Wii
4 remotes
4 nunchucks
1 classic controller
1 Guitar Hero 3 with guitar
1 Wii Fit with balance board (pre-ordered, paid for)
1 Link's Crossbow Training with Wii Zapper
1 Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel
1 buttload of Virtual Console games

WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I didn't buy any extra Wii Zappers or Wii Wheels, and I don't even use them. I don't regret their purchases though, because they were free with games I like, without raising the price. I play both Brawl and Kart with the mote/chuck combo, and whenever I offer anybody a zapper or classic controller or anything, they turn it down because they don't want to fumble around with anything extra.

Anyway, NONE of these extras are necessary whatsoever. You're inflating the cost in an attempt to claim the throne of the king of the trolls. You ONLY need 1 Wii and 3 remotes for 4 player tennis, bowling, and golf, which is all anybody plays. Total: $370. Or 1 Wii and 1 Wii Fit, which will be the new hotness. Total: $340.

P.S. You left out XBox Live costs, which could be an extra $300 if you play the thing for 6 years.

MontanaHatchet said:
Ahh, don't get mad guys, this is the kind of stuff I've been waiting for for quite a while.

Just sit back and enjoy.

Wii-hate Week was entertaining the first time round. Do we have to sit through this crap every month now?

Kwaad said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Hmm, perhaps you could name some of the costs associated with the PS3, just to, you know, calm the firestorm.

I dont mention PS3 a single time in there... XD But ok, I'll pull a full decked out PS3, with the works.

(too lazy to make links)

PS3 499.99
4 Dual Shock 3 - 49.79

699.15$

And in regrads to not getting some of them. Then you cant play all the games on the console, or the games suck.

SMASH = crappy game without classic.
SNES+ games = crappy without classic.
Wii-kart = Crappy without wheel.

So the best games on the Wii... suck... Becuase of a crappy controller design, so you have to pay more to enjoy the great games?

This is not Wii bashing. This is me asking... When is it going to stop? How much more will they release for the Wii, and then make games suck without buying that too? How much will I invest in a Wii before I'm done with it? How big of a storage box will I need for the Wii?

I just wanted to say this is the most less flaming thread ever made by you and then you post this;...

Couldn't you formulated it uhm less flaming;..?

didn't you bring up the exact same topic like a year ago?

the Wii is an epidemic.