By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kwaad said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Hmm, perhaps you could name some of the costs associated with the PS3, just to, you know, calm the firestorm.

I dont mention PS3 a single time in there... XD But ok, I'll pull a full decked out PS3, with the works.

(too lazy to make links)

PS3 499.99
4 Dual Shock 3 - 49.79

699.15$

And in regrads to not getting some of them. Then you cant play all the games on the console, or the games suck.

SMASH = crappy game without classic.
SNES+ games = crappy without classic.
Wii-kart = Crappy without wheel.

So the best games on the Wii... suck... Becuase of a crappy controller design, so you have to pay more to enjoy the great games?

This is not Wii bashing. This is me asking... When is it going to stop? How much more will they release for the Wii, and then make games suck without buying that too? How much will I invest in a Wii before I'm done with it? How big of a storage box will I need for the Wii?

Oh btw, don't present your opinion as fact.  You can say "I don't like these games without the Classic controller" but you can't say they suck without the classic controller.  For the record I've never used anything but the Wiimote and Nunchuk in Brawl.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
X360 Premium - $349.99
X360 Wireless Controller - $39.88 x 3 = $119.64
X360 Wireless Network Adapter - $99.99. (ever heard of ethernet?)
X360 Play and Charge Kit - $19.99 x 4 = $79.96 (Ever heard of charging your 360 at night?)
X360 Intercooler - $19.99 (voids warrenty)
X360 HDMI Cable - $49.99 (I hope that is over 12 feet long)
X360 HDMI Converter - $59.99 (what's this do?)
X360 Wireless Racing Wheel - $99.99 x 4 = $399.96 (I bet these suck compared to the ones I would get)
X360 Xbox Live Gold 12 month - $59.99 (Only 12 months? The console will last 6 years!)
X360 Game - $59.99 (actually you can get the bundle that comes with 2 games if you wanna get technical)
Total - $1,299.49

This is assuming you already have a HDTV and HD audio system since those are considered to be a "part of the experience".

Kwaad, what was your question again?

Yup.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Ares said:
Welcome back Kwaad... now this forum isn't Nintendo-biased anymore...

and I simply love to play SSBB with the wiimote only (fighting games are made for d-pad, nintendo jerks should allow you to use it in classic and gc controller). I also like the wiimote for MK:Wii, I would love to see a Forza/GranTurismo-like game on the wii with these controllers...

then the 15$ wheel dosent seemso bad does it? :P

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Ok so by the logic used in the OP I can say this:

When choosing between two meals:

BBQ Catering Package Offers:
40lbs of Ribs
20 Plates
30 Cups
10 2L Bottles of Assorted Pop
Cost: $250

Personal Meal at Fancy Restaurant Offers:
18oz Steak
Giant Baked Potatoe
Vegetable Choice
Salad
A bottle of Wine
Cost $400

But wait look how much more expensive the BBQ package becomes when you realize you need chips, dip, tables, music, a grill, sauce, salad, coleslaw, corn on the cob, cornbread muffins, roasted chicken, etc...etc... so that all of your friends can come too. And when you add all of that in the BBQ is actually $450.

And yet somehow we are supposed to look at this and say "Yeah I totally see how the Fancy dinner is a much better value at the same price.".

Bottom line is that when you pay for all those extras with the Wii you are actually GETTING more. If you weren't getting anything for that extra expense then you would have a point, but you do, and so you don't.

To Each Man, Responsibility

lmao. You rail on my list without a single shred of irony regarding your own list.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
Ares said:
Welcome back Kwaad... now this forum isn't Nintendo-biased anymore...

and I simply love to play SSBB with the wiimote only (fighting games are made for d-pad, nintendo jerks should allow you to use it in classic and gc controller). I also like the wiimote for MK:Wii, I would love to see a Forza/GranTurismo-like game on the wii with these controllers...

then the 15$ wheel dosent seemso bad does it? :P

It is a round piece of plastic! There is no added functionality for using it! Just turn the wiimote sideways and there you go! All the effects of the Wii Wheel with none of the cost.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Viper1 said:
X360 Premium - $349.99
X360 Wireless Network Adapter - $99.99.
X360 Play and Charge Kit - $19.99 x 4 = $79.96
X360 Intercooler - $19.99
X360 HDMI Cable - $49.99
X360 HDMI Converter - $59.99
X360 Wireless Racing Wheel - $99.99 x 4 = $399.96
X360 Xbox Live Gold 12 month - $59.99
X360 Game - $59.99

Total - $1,299.49

This is assuming you already have a HDTV and HD audio system since those are considered to be a "part of the experience".

Wait, you'll also need some additional headsets. Let's say three wireless ones for $50 each. And though the play-charge are good in a spot, you'll probably want a couple of Nyko Quick Charge kits too so you'll always have some extra batteries to go in the morning. Their $30 each. Need a messenger kit as well. Typing names for your Pinatas in Viva Pinata takes forever without it, that's another $30. Need a memory card as well, makes taking your profile and favorite arcade games to a friend's house so much faster than waiting for everything to download through the recover gamertag option, that's another $50. Need a vision cam for video chat and that cool face face mapping feature for the Rainbow Six series and PGA tour 08, that's only $40. Get 4000 Microsoft points for $50, wait will want to upgrade your premium's harddrive while you're at it to 120GB, that's another $180...

BrainBoxLtd said:
Viper1 said:
X360 Premium - $349.99
X360 HDMI Cable - $49.99
X360 Game - $59.99

Total - $1,299.49

Wait, you'll also need some additional headsets. Let's say three wireless ones for $50 each. And though the play-charge are good in a spot, you'll probably want a couple of Nyko Quick Charge kits too so you'll always have some extra batteries to go in the morning. Their $30 each. Need a messenger kit as well. Typing names for your Pinatas in Viva Pinata takes forever without it, that's another $30. Need a memory card as well, makes taking your profile and favorite arcade games to a friend's house so much faster than waiting for everything to download through the recover gamertag option, that's another $50. Need a vision cam for video chat and that cool face face mapping feature for the Rainbow Six series and PGA tour 08, that's only $40. Get 4000 Microsoft points for $50, wait will want to upgrade your premium's harddrive while you're at it to 120GB, that's another $180...

Come on, dude.  I was trying to leave Kwaad with a nickel or two in his pocket at least.  Now you're making him remortgage his home.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

lmaooo again this guy argument is truly a piece of work

Viper1 said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
Viper1 said:
X360 Premium - $349.99
X360 HDMI Cable - $49.99
X360 Game - $59.99

Total - $1,299.49

Come on, dude.  I was trying to leave Kwaad with a nickel or two in his pocket at least.  Now you're making him remortgage his home.

Well if you want to deny him the full experience the 360 offers just for the sake of avoiding financial ruin fine. But it's clear that's what Kwaad wants evidenced by how essential all those Wii accessories are to him. I can't imagine how much you'd gimp his PS3 experience.