By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiWare has launched in US..

LostWinds is mine! Muahahaha!

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
What's up with you Americans? I thought you would at least be a bit more enthusiastic about the launch of WII Ware or am I the only one who've downloaded several games... as European? The reactions around here on the forum are disappointing... so far. WIth the launch of the Nintendo Channel the whole forum thread and news thread were overwhelmed with reactions around this time. Yeah, yeah I know, I'd like to nag Personally I like WIIWare and am highly enthusiastic about Lost Winds and also about FFCC. Wasn't planning to download the latter one, but okay, what the heck, points were just sitting there in my account and must say, S.E. has sure made a hell of an improvement comparing to DQS.

Thank you for this first impression, Onna. Now I'm even more interested in the FFCC WiiWare title than before.

Eh, I'm not really excited by too many of the Wiiware titles.  A few look pretty fun, but considering I don't even have Mario Kart Wii yet... I'm saving my money.

I just played about 30 minutes of Lost Winds (have work to do, so I had to stop for now) and I'm happy to report that, so far, it's excellent! Very classic platformer feel to it (though it's a lot more laid back, thus far, than a Sonic or Mario title). Based on what I've seen, the controls are wonderful and the music is incredibly soothing. It's almost as if it's the chill-out platformer (for lack of a better pigeon-holing) and playing it actually brought my blood pressure down a bit (long day here).

I also have Final Fantasy: Your Life as an Ugly Broken Child, but won't get to play that until later.

Wow, I forgot to get a wii points card over the weekend lol, but i'll be getting this week though, I think i'll be getting FF and Lost wind first,

what is TV show king about, I have never heard of it?

Around the Network

yeah lost winds is pretty fun, i haven't got too far but it kinda reminds me of okami for some reason.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Lost winds is an awesome game. Very beautiful and the wind powers work great. I'm about 1 hour in so I don't know how big it is yet.

360 Tag - narfwack

Can someone please post a review of Final Fantasy? Whoever got it already.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

all i have to say...

is that DEFEND YOUR CASTLE OWNS!!!

Im thinking about picking up the TV trivia game too... ill let you guys know if i get it and ill do a mini-review.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

exnoctem said:
all i have to say...

is that DEFEND YOUR CASTLE OWNS!!!

Im thinking about picking up the TV trivia game too... ill let you guys know if i get it and ill do a mini-review.

You are correct sir.

I was hoping XGen would step up to the plate and make a really good remake and so far (i've only played it for about 20 minutes) it seems they have.

I'm loving the lineup that WiiWare has already and it's ALL THIRD PARTY, has to be a first (for a long time) for Nintendo this much 3rd party support. I hope this does well cause I'd like to be able to download gems like these weekly (if I don't go bankrupt from the money I am hemoraging at my Wii).

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.